Rapid Update In A Train-Of-Thought Stylee The Third

danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

Edited By danielkempster

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I last blogged (nearly a month, in fact), and for that I apologise. I've been busy with a lot of stuff, as you'll discover should you read this. Given I have a lot to say but don't really want to drag it out over three or four blogs, I've decided to revive the Rapid Update In A Train-Of-Thought Stylee for a third instalment. I've set myself the time limit of forty minutes to get all this down, so without any further hesitation... 

•       I'd like to think we look pretty good together
          I'd like to think we look pretty good together
    First, I'll clear up the reason for my prolonged absence. I've spent the last two weeks with my girlfriend at her parents' house in Windsor. It was her twenty-first birthday on September 17th, so I was invited to go back with her to celebrate. To mark the occasion we did loads of stuff - we went to Thorpe Park for the day on her birthday, and two days later her family had a massive barbeque get-together. Both were awesome and I had an incredible time. It was nerve-racking meeting more of her family, but they all seem like great people. We moved back into our flat in Essex on Wednesday, and things are continuing to go really well. 
  • Of course, my two-week stint in Windsor meant that I was separated from my Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2. As a result, I haven't really played many games this month, meaning both Lost Odyssey and Forza Motorsport 2 have fallen by the wayside a little. I intend to pick both back up very soon, as well as trying to get back into Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (I have yet to pour any significant amount of time into the Master League mode).
  • One thing I did manage to do whilst in Windsor was play through Pokémon Yellow. I've been investing an hour or so into it every night for the last month or so and I beat the Elite Four late last night. I intend to capture Mewtwo before I actually call it a day with the game, but I've had a lot of fun revisiting a piece of my childhood. It's also given me an urge to play through games from the second and third generations of the franchise, which up until now I've never actually finished. With HeartGold and SoulSilver not too far off, now might be the perfect time to pick up a new DS Lite and actually play that old copy of Emerald I have lying around somewhere.
  • While in Windsor, I also lost my Wii virginity. My girlfriend's parents own a Wii and I was invited to join them in playing some Wii Sports Resort and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. While it was a pretty fun night, I think that was more to do with the company than the games themselves, and I'm not particularly sold on the Wii experience. Then again, being a fan of story-driven single-player experiences, I'm not really the target audience for games like Wii Sports Resort. I don't think I'll be playing on a Wii again any time soon, but it was nice to finally experience it for myself.
  • Uni starts again for me in just over two weeks. I'm going into my second year of an English Language & Literature course and I can't wait to start again. I got my reading lists through for the Literature side of the course and I'm really excited about some of the stuff I'll be reading (especially Milton's Paradise Lost). The Language side is also looking pretty interesting, as I'll be focusing primarily on Phonetics this year. The fact I've recently rediscovered my love of writing fiction is another motivation for wanting to get started again.

I think that'll do for this blog. I apologise for the poor quality of the writing, I'm obviously out of practice. With any luck, I won't leave it so long before blogging again. Thanks very much for reading, guys. I'll see you around. 

DanK 

--- 

Currently playing - Pokémon Yellow (GBC)
danielkempster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By danielkempster

Hey guys. It's been a long time since I last blogged (nearly a month, in fact), and for that I apologise. I've been busy with a lot of stuff, as you'll discover should you read this. Given I have a lot to say but don't really want to drag it out over three or four blogs, I've decided to revive the Rapid Update In A Train-Of-Thought Stylee for a third instalment. I've set myself the time limit of forty minutes to get all this down, so without any further hesitation... 

•       I'd like to think we look pretty good together
          I'd like to think we look pretty good together
    First, I'll clear up the reason for my prolonged absence. I've spent the last two weeks with my girlfriend at her parents' house in Windsor. It was her twenty-first birthday on September 17th, so I was invited to go back with her to celebrate. To mark the occasion we did loads of stuff - we went to Thorpe Park for the day on her birthday, and two days later her family had a massive barbeque get-together. Both were awesome and I had an incredible time. It was nerve-racking meeting more of her family, but they all seem like great people. We moved back into our flat in Essex on Wednesday, and things are continuing to go really well. 
  • Of course, my two-week stint in Windsor meant that I was separated from my Xbox 360 and PlayStation 2. As a result, I haven't really played many games this month, meaning both Lost Odyssey and Forza Motorsport 2 have fallen by the wayside a little. I intend to pick both back up very soon, as well as trying to get back into Pro Evolution Soccer 2009 (I have yet to pour any significant amount of time into the Master League mode).
  • One thing I did manage to do whilst in Windsor was play through Pokémon Yellow. I've been investing an hour or so into it every night for the last month or so and I beat the Elite Four late last night. I intend to capture Mewtwo before I actually call it a day with the game, but I've had a lot of fun revisiting a piece of my childhood. It's also given me an urge to play through games from the second and third generations of the franchise, which up until now I've never actually finished. With HeartGold and SoulSilver not too far off, now might be the perfect time to pick up a new DS Lite and actually play that old copy of Emerald I have lying around somewhere.
  • While in Windsor, I also lost my Wii virginity. My girlfriend's parents own a Wii and I was invited to join them in playing some Wii Sports Resort and Rayman Raving Rabbids 2. While it was a pretty fun night, I think that was more to do with the company than the games themselves, and I'm not particularly sold on the Wii experience. Then again, being a fan of story-driven single-player experiences, I'm not really the target audience for games like Wii Sports Resort. I don't think I'll be playing on a Wii again any time soon, but it was nice to finally experience it for myself.
  • Uni starts again for me in just over two weeks. I'm going into my second year of an English Language & Literature course and I can't wait to start again. I got my reading lists through for the Literature side of the course and I'm really excited about some of the stuff I'll be reading (especially Milton's Paradise Lost). The Language side is also looking pretty interesting, as I'll be focusing primarily on Phonetics this year. The fact I've recently rediscovered my love of writing fiction is another motivation for wanting to get started again.

I think that'll do for this blog. I apologise for the poor quality of the writing, I'm obviously out of practice. With any luck, I won't leave it so long before blogging again. Thanks very much for reading, guys. I'll see you around. 

DanK 

--- 

Currently playing - Pokémon Yellow (GBC)
ElectricHaggis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ElectricHaggis

Paradise Lost should be challenging.  I'm intimidated by incredibly long poems, though I do have a long-standing interest in reading both that and the Divine Comedy.