Rate the last movie you watched.

CollegeGuyMike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -1

@clonedzero: I watched Death Race 3 about a month and a half ago or so at a BBQ Type party thing, and whoof, that movie was just a chore to get through for everyone involved. It just feels like there's no substantial payoff at all, and just makes the whole thing completely disappointing.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#752  Edited By jking47

Trollhunter was pretty cool, I like the guy who plays the troll hunter.

3 out of 3 troll heads.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#753  Edited By nightriff

Django Unchained - 2 out of 5

Big fan of Tarantino's work and this just really didn't do anything for me, dragged on, writing and dialogue wasn't particularly interesting (and that is my favorite thing about his films), story was mediocre to cliche, performances were very hit or miss (praise to Sam L and Leo; Waltz was good but not Hans quality; Foxx was terrible, that wasn't acting). Wasn't a bad film but just compared to his other work it is underwhelming. Easily my least favorite film of his.

B_Heart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evil Dead (2013) - 6.5 out of 10

Nothing scary about the movie other than a few jump scares. It went for the gross out factor and ramped up each death with a "how can we top this" feel. The last 15 minutes are just an over the top blood fest. Good watch overall, but I think I've seen too many horror movies and have become desensitized to the shock stuff.

Except for anything involving hospital needles and stabbing around the eye. Fuck that noise.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

Django Unchained --- 5/5 Stars.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Django Unchained --- 5/5 Stars.

Same here, though I'm too tired at the moment to explain why. Most of you guys have seen it anyway. On a list of the best Tarantino movies, it's probably second after Inglourious Basterds.

SimplyCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Space Jam. It was DOPE! 10/10 Bugs Bunnys

Caustic_Fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#758  Edited By Caustic_Fox

I'm a sucker for anything being animated. So I decided to watch a french CGI feature called: Cinderella Once Upon A Time in the West.

Verdict: 7/10 We all probably know how the whole Cinderella story goes, so I won't go into it. As for the movie itself it sort of had a Rango feel to it. Though it was less gritty. It had a few lol and wtf moments. This Cinderella can kick some ass. Besides that, nothing else much to say about it. It was a decent watch.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

#759  Edited By MachoFantastico

Reign of Fire on Netflix last night.

I like that film, despite that pretty crappy ending. Still rate it a 4/5.

redcream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Croods: 7.5/10

Chocobodude3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 18

Star Trek Into Darkness 9.5/10 because of Cumberbatch

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#762 sweep  Moderator

The hangover 3. It was fucking terrible. Two hours of referencing the first 2 films and not a lot else. Not even clever references, just: "Hey, remember this guy?! Well.... here he is again!"

I can tolerate a lot of shitty films but the Hangover 3 is just lazy.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fast and the Furious. 6/5

falserelic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

For a movie based on a true story it didn't feel believable. It has some funny moments, but for most part the movie was kinda mediocre. I give it a 5 out of 10.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#765  Edited By kaos_cracker

Fast 6 at the theater, I thought it was amazing. Also, Silent House, that movie is amazing. Pretty sure they used one camera the whole time and it felt very natural with how it moved around.

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#766  Edited By HerbieBug

Django Unchained. 2.5/5

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#767  Edited By Ravenlight

The Fast and the Furious: I've never seen any of these movies but after hearing how dumb/great they were from Jeff and Ryan I decided to sit down and check them out. This movie did not disappoint. 7/10

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

Django Unchained was Tarantino's best attempt at a live action, extremely adult cartoon. 4/5 bright red blood splatters.

nate6858

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Last movie I watched: Once Upon a Time in the West

Rating: 9/10

The movie opens cold with no music or (almost no) dialog, but with some of the most stylish and memorable set pieces and scenes I can recall seeing in a movie. While I felt the story (or more accurately, the presentation of the story) could be a bit hard to follow at times it's well worth it. It ends in spectacular fashion both in style and resolution to the story. If you haven't seen it, you probably should. It's on Netflix streaming.

Slaegar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#770  Edited By Slaegar

I walked in on my family watch The Impossible a few weeks ago. I didn't intend to watch it, but stayed to the end.

Its a little hard to feel bad for super privileged white people flaunting their infinite wealth in a third world country and then things go less than stellar. I appreciate how they didn't censor things and some of the more painful scenes felt more real because of it. Some things felt too convenient, but nothing was bananas impossible I suppose.

I don't regret watching it. God, I hate double negatives. Does that count as a double negative?

77.5/101

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

2 Fast 2 Furious. 3/5. It's OK.

Disaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cabin in the woods 3.5/5. Was not expecting much from this movie but I ended up liking it a lot more than i thought.

I also watched Sympathy for Lady Vengeance around this same time so I might as well rate it too, 4/5. Really good movie (I love all three in the series) but the ending did lose me a bit.

Clonedzero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek Into Darkness.

7/10.

It's pretty good, the actors feel like the characters they're portraying. The story is fairly simple and not convoluted like the last one. Motivations are clear and understandable. Its a fun ride. I'd recommend it.

spraynardtatum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Star Trek Into Darkness.

It was good fun summer fun that kept it up the whole time.

I give it 5 buckets of popcorn and 2 cups of soda.

Tarsier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the place beyond the pines. 9

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epic. It was a fun kids animation movie. Storyline was predictable, but that was expected. The animation was really good though. 3/5

Kteven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#777  Edited By Kteven

I saw Torque yesterday for the fist time. That may be the stupidest film I have ever seen. 5 out of 5!

Bike fights yo.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#778  Edited By theguy

Just watched Blade Runner again. It's even better the second time through. 4/4 Replicants

leebmx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#779  Edited By leebmx

Saw The King of Marvin Gardens yesterday at the NFT. Definitely a 5/5. Jack Nicholson playing very against type as a depressed radio presenter trying to deal with his dreamer brother who is getting into trouble with the Mob in 70's Atlantic City. The look of the film is amazing, Atlantic City looks miserable and crumbling and the film feels completely part of that brilliant 70's period in American cinema.

Jack turned down the Al Pacino part in The Godfather to do this film, and he is amazing - no hint of the smirk or wolfish grin you normally see.

Krockett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Tinkerbell:Secret of the Wings(I Have a 3 year old little girl)

2/5 way better than I expected and is mildly tolerable. lol

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#781  Edited By altairre

Iron Man 3: 8/10

The strongest Iron Man movie in my opinion closely followed by the first one. Fun setpieces, a lot of humour that is more hit than miss and a surprising yet well executed twist make for the best action movie in 2013 so far.

Into Darkness: 7/10

While being a fun ride I couldn't shake of the feeling that the movie blew a lot of potential.

The action sequences are well done but there are just too many of them and unlike Iron Man 3 most of the jokes fall flat.

Cumberbatch does a great job but his character is just so undefined. It feels like he is whatever the plot needs him to be instead of a villain with a comprehensible character arc and he doesn't hold a candle to recent big blockbuster antagonists like Loki or Raoul Silva. The ending of Into Darkness was pretty anticlimactic but then again that's how it was in the "first" Star Trek too. If I had to chose between Into Darkness and its predecessor I would probably choose the latter because eventhough the villain in that movie was terrible I enjoyed the other parts more than in Into Darkness. The performance of Cumberbatch saves the seven points but all in all I was a little bit disappointed.

Oh well, hopefully Man of Steel will be as good as it looks.

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#782  Edited By Andorski

Fast and Furious 6 - 4/5

Cons:

• The action scenes seem like they came from a mind of a 9 year old playing with action figures. It's so stupid.
  • Most of the dramatic character scenes are cringe-worthy.
  • After having a decent performance in Haywire, Gina Carano comes off as a stiff first-time actor compared to the rest of the cast.

Neutral:

• The movie relates a lot to all the past F&F movies. This franchise cares way more about keeping a consistent universe than some Sci-Fi and Fantasy series. Would definitely recommend watching all the previous F&F movies before seeing this one.

Pros:

• The action scenes seem like they came from a mind of a 9 year old playing with action figures. It's so fun.
  • The majority of the cast perform well, specifically Tyrese Gibson.
  • The movie is genuinely funny. Not "laugh at it because it's so stupid" funny. A lot of the jokes they wrote into the script hit perfectly.
  • That one guy from The Raid: Redemption is in the movie.

Bonus:

• The Marvel-like bonus scene at the end of the movie is mind-blowing.

Side Note: I watched this movie in a fairly ghetto part of my city opening weekend. Judging from hearing the audience mumble comments throughout the film, I can attest that the F&F series is the Marvel Cinematic Universe for the hood rich crowd. The current cast of these films are like the Avengers of the entire franchise, and the writers of this particular film actually make small nuanced callbacks to the previous movies. At one point, some very minor character gets punched in the face and a couple of people around me commented "Oh man, not again!" It was as if it was a recurring joke made for only the most loyal F&F fans.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

I just saw the new Star Trek in theaters. It was alright. Probably a 4/5 for me. There were a number of logical inconsistencies and some dumb action but it was overall very pretty, entertaining, and had some compelling plot points, even if they didn't end up all making sense.

MormonWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 21

#784  Edited By MormonWarrior

I just saw the new Star Trek in theaters. It was alright. Probably a 4/5 for me. There were a number of logical inconsistencies and some dumb action but it was overall very pretty, entertaining, and had some compelling plot points, even if they didn't end up all making sense.

RupertTheBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Behind the Candelabra - 4/5

Michael Douglas played a phenomenal role as Liberace, a role I once had a hard time imagining him playing as compared to his other dominating roles he usually play such as a business man, father in-law, etc. Its fun watching him play as a flamboyant Pianist who knows how to entertain his fans and can get what he wants and desire with little to no delay because everybody idolizes him.

Matt Damon play as Liberace's Secret bi-sexual lover who seems to be gullible and willing to do anything to please Liberace such getting plastic surgery to look like Liberace and take a pill diet to make himself slimmer while also making him an addict.

The only downside about this film is it's based on Scott Thorson's (Liberace's lover) story so your only watching from his point of view instead of watching from both side of the story and getting more clarity. It also has some bizarre moments such as Liberace and his lover going to a adult store looking for a glory hole while there are random people in the shop. Could you imagine someone famous such as Justin Beiber for example going to a adult store and wanting to do some sexual activity while there is someone there who might recognize him and possibly ratting him out to the press?

Overall it was fun and amusing watching this drama / dark comedy. Plus it has Dan Aykroyd playing as Liberace's manager and he acts like a prick.

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#786  Edited By development

Sunshine. 5/10 = "meh; alright, I guess; disappointing."

Smaller problem: good cast; wrong roles.

Bigger problem: the movie doesn't know if it's an atmospheric sci-fi adventure, a thriller, or a horror movie. The "twist" is a joke, and it's executed terribly on top of that. It's also unnecessary, since the core plot of the movie carries enough drama by itself.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift. It's pretty awesome out of 5.

Sooperspy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 17

End of Watch - 5/5

Great buddy-cop movie, but actually a serious one. Gritty, atmospheric, powerful. And performances by all the main actors are all around amazing.

(And it's on Netflix instant. Go watch it)

RedLeader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#789  Edited By RedLeader

JFK Director's Cut - 5/5 depositions

I watched the theatrical cut for the first time in my high school film class, and I thought it was pretty damned awesome, if more than a bit outlandish. The Kennedy assassination has long held sway over my imagination, and I think Stone's film accurately depicts the confusion and anger Jim Garrison and his team must have felt while building their case, and the Director's Cut simply adds more to the stew pot. It's even longer, by about twenty-or-so minutes I believe, which makes sitting down and watching it a bit of a chore. But we've been pummeled by rain in my part of the world for the last three weeks, so giving a whole Saturday afternoon to one movie didn't make me feel quite so much like a dirtbag as it would normally. In the end, Stone's theories are fascinating, insane, and expertly intricate, and it's all laid out in a hyper-kinetic fashion makes the three hour, twenty five minute run time wholly exhilarating.

Rainbowkisses

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"V/H/S" is a decent enough anthology horor films. Most of the shorts are enjoyable enough but nothing mindblowing. The second short is extremely disappointing, but the last one is worth sitting through the rest.

I found "The Switch" to be a really enjoyable romantic comedy. Jason Bateman and the child actor both do a really good job and come off as extremely likable. The chemistry between them is really the driving force for the whole film. The dynamic between Bateman and Jennifer Anniston is less remarkable, with her character coming off as fairly uninteresting (like most of her characters) Overall, it's a slightly above average romantic comedy.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#791  Edited By pr1mus

I forgot about my daily Fast and Furious update yesterday.

Fast and Furious. I give it 4/5. It's cool to have the old gang back.

Fast Five. 5/5. It's great to have the rest of the gang join in and The Rock is great as always.

Seeing Fast and Furious 6 tomorrow. So far i'd place them in this order, 1>5>4>2 with Tokyo Drift being either the best or 2nd worst. Leaning towards best at the moment.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Kinda disappointed that so many people are going with 10 or 5 ratings when the first post does absolutely not that.

Avatar image for deactivated-61356eb4a76c8
deactivated-61356eb4a76c8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Roger778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#794  Edited By Roger778

Here are the movies I've seen lately.

Star Trek Into Darkness: 4 out of 5 stars. Even though the cast once again did a great job, Benedict Cumberbatch played a truly menacing and scary villain.

The Last Stand: 3 out of 5 stars. I saw it on DVD a couple of nights ago. It was an enjoyable action movie, and it was definitely fun to see Arnold play an action hero again. Even in his old age, he can still kick ass.

3. Fast and Furious 6: 4 1/2 out of 5 stars. It's already one of the best action movies I've seen this year, and I think it might be the best Fast and Furious movie so far. The stunts and fight scenes were ridiculously over-the-top, and I couldn't help but cheer softly to myself a few times. The highlight for me was seeing Gina Carano and Michelle Rodriguez kick the crap out of each other.

Hangover Part 3: 3 out of 5 stars. Despite the fact I felt it was not as funny as the other two movies, I still enjoyed it. Also, it felt like a nice way to end the trilogy. The highlight for me: The final scene that came on during the credits was hilarious.

TheHT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#795  Edited By TheHT

Oz: The Great and Powerful

6/10

I was rooting for Theodora the whole time.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#796  Edited By pyromagnestir

Kinda disappointed that so many people are going with 10 or 5 ratings when the first post does absolutely not that.

But in the first post you said you didn't care if they did give it an out of 10 or 5 score, so what changed huh?

I watched I Saw the Devil yesterday, after Netflix shipped it, it had been sitting on my desk for nearly 2 months. I should've watched it sooner, as it was great. A neat take on a revenge film with a cool, completely insane villain and equally bonkers hero. The movie also might have affected my views on criminal justice in some fashion, for the more violent. I give it 5 out of something.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#797  Edited By KillEm_Dafoe

I saw Now You See Me today. I wasn't particularly that interested in it to begin with, but it couldn't even live up to the almost non-existent expectations I had for it. The best thing I can say about it is that it kept moving and at least wasn't boring. It just ended up being too silly for its own good. It didn't explain things well enough for you to understand or care why they were happening, the characters weren't developed as much as they should have been, and the twist ending is so preposterously stupid and half-assed that it kind of upset me. It's some real deus ex machina bullshit, where this no indication that what happens could be possible, but they end up retconing everything in the movie to make it work. Also, about two thirds of the movie focus on the FBI rather than the Four Horsemen (the name of their act), who are easily the most interesting characters in the movie.

Still, some of the individual scenes are fun, especially the big elaborate tricks, but the whole thing doesn't work. I would recommend waiting for the DVD release. 5/10

I saw Fast 6 last weekend, too. I think most of what needs to be said about that movie has already been said. I give it a million out of ten. Best movie of the year so far.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#798  Edited By nightriff

Pitch Perfect 4.5/5

Yes I went with half points because the movie was SHOCKINGLY way better than I ever would've imagined but not 5 star worthy.

Hangnail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#799  Edited By Hangnail

Mama - 3.5/5

Good (and effectively scary) film but felt mighty rushed, especially in getting to the ending. Also points deducted for the criminal under-utilization of Nikolaj Coster-Waldau.

Zecks23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#800  Edited By Zecks23

Behind The Candelabra 4/5

Had great sets, make-up, performances etc but certain scenes seemed to have more time spent on them then needed, also missed the first few minutes so I might've missed some set-up that might've explained some things I had questions about. Definitely worth a watch