#51 Posted by Milkman (16228 posts) -

5 stars

USA USA USA USA

#52 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@Bucketdeth said:

Canada, wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

I pretty biased having not lived in Canada. But you know, I think I would fit in well there.

#53 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Claude said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I pretty biased having not lived in Canada. But you know, I think I would fit in well there.

I'm not so sure. Your beard maybe.
#54 Posted by thevigilanteoflove (486 posts) -

I give every country five stars. High fives all around.

#55 Edited by MikkaQ (10225 posts) -

3/5. Canada's rough around the edges, but it's fairly decent in some spots. Too conservative. And let, too liberal sometimes. Not enough of an identity.

I'm also French and American so...

France: 4/5: Politically retarded, but can't ignore awesome cultural contributions, and the food. Pretty crazy history as well.

America: 3.5/5: There's a lot about america that I love, it's vast and diverse. I love it's big cities. But since it's basically No. 1, it's not above abusing it's power sometimes. Sure France did it too, but this stuff's more recent.

#56 Posted by invadernick (260 posts) -

4 stars for Singapore! Great food, safe country just too expensive and humid!

#57 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Oh man, that sucks. I'm not good enough for Canada.

#58 Posted by Da_Madness (69 posts) -

4 stars for Australia.

Pros:
Free health care, 4 weeks of paid annual leave a year due to the government, great beer and just an awesome place to be. (oh and our $ being worth way more than the Yank $ for a change)

Cons: Pollitics it too much to the right for my liking and we don't have an R rating on games and thus banningsome games such as Mortal Kombat.

#59 Posted by Red12b (9044 posts) -
@LeetBalla said:

I don't even understand what this thread is trying to accomplish. I will not partake in your silly pole.

#60 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Claude said:

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Well at least your beard is.
#61 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@Bucketdeth said:

Where my beard can go, I go.

#62 Posted by Aronman789 (2674 posts) -

This thread made me think of this for whatever reason. 

#63 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -
@Claude said:

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I'm not sure I can allow that Mr. Claude. 
#64 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@Aronman789: Haha, that was so funny. Thanks for that.

#65 Edited by Castiel (2422 posts) -

5 stars for Denmark, but now when I think about it I should have voted 4, seing that some political parties have a bit more control than they should have and it's seriously starting to harm not only ourselves but also our relationship with other countries.

Also it doesn't help that a certain party, which is so extreme and straight out dumb in their opinions that they make Sarah Palin look like a sane person, is constantly walking on the edge of the UN law, and overstepping it at times, but they don't give a shit, regarding the way they tread foreigners.

Actually when I think about it I should have voted 3 stars. We're still free to do and say what we want, for now but who knows with the government we have, if they will keep their position after the next election we are truly fucked. We need political change in Denmark before I'm going to give more than 3 stars.

#66 Posted by benpicko (1923 posts) -
@HandsomeDead said:
Canada - 4/5: Culturally solid, if politically weird. I like it here. England - 2/5: Falling apart at the seams. I can't live here.
This. But the other way round, for other reasons.
#67 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2167 posts) -

A good 4 stars for Australia IMO. Now if only we had better internet and a proper R18+ for games then it would be deserving of 5 stars but in a few years it could be very possible.

#68 Posted by ESREVER (2575 posts) -

The lack of a 50 stars option is disappointing...

#69 Posted by NakAttack (1289 posts) -

It's July 4th, it's a poll about rating your country, and it's USA's birthday. How is it that no one posted this before me.  

#70 Posted by Pyrgz (256 posts) -

institutionalized racism against indigenous peoples and asylum seekers

economy based almost entirely on raw materials industries

powered almost entirely by fossil fuels

public sector being slowly dismantled

so uh

like 2 stars i guess for australia

#71 Posted by Toms115 (2314 posts) -

the united kingdom is a mixture of great places to live, and really shitty places to live. unfortunately, i live in the middle of nowhere. also: quite a few racist assholes/assholes in general.

#72 Posted by Da_Madness (69 posts) -
@Pyrgz: You're not in the NSW public sector are you? I hear that the state government is really screwing you guys over.
#74 Posted by Gav47 (1542 posts) -

2 Stars for Ireland cause I have a degree in engineering and still can't get a fucking job T_T

#75 Posted by dagas (2711 posts) -

I give Sweden 4 stars. The thing that is preventing 5 stars is the climate and the not so friendly people.

Overall though it's a pretty great country. Barely no natural disasters, not as many poor people as in the US, cheap and fast internet, an abundance of fresh water lakes which means we have some of the best tap water on the planet, low crime rate compared to the US and more.

#76 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@CL60 said:

@Claude said:

@Bucketdeth said:

I'm not sure I can allow that Mr. Claude.

Fuck it then, I'll move to Alaska.

#77 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Yeah England fucking sucks. 2 stars.

#78 Posted by teh_destroyer (3556 posts) -

@Claude said:

I love my country and wouldn't want to live anywhere else. 5 fucking Stars for the United States of America.

#79 Posted by JJWeatherman (14485 posts) -

'Merica!

...4 stars.

#80 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5120 posts) -

5 for America.  I'm biased because I haven't actually left the country (kind of sad that I haven't been to Canada, I live in fucking Washington) but I like it here. 
#81 Posted by oatz (1103 posts) -

5 stars for Sweden.

#82 Posted by Solemn (278 posts) -

I gave my nation the amazing rating of TWO STARS.

#83 Posted by Vexxan (4598 posts) -

4 stars for Sweden.

#84 Posted by jkuc316 (981 posts) -

I'm trying to not be biased, so 3 stars for the Philippines. Awesome people, food and beautiful vacation spots are here, but so are shitty gov't, homelessness, and a bunch of other problems.

#85 Edited by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

4 stars for Poland. Pretty poor government health care and you seem to wait for everything way longer than you should (mail packages, for example).

#86 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

3 stars for France. There are way worst places to live and we have a badass healthcare but seeing how going on strike is the national past time, things can go real slow and most of society lives in the past (we will never NEVER work on a Sunday)

#87 Posted by cosi83 (390 posts) -

3 star for England 

I need to get out of this place....

#88 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

4 stars for Poland. Pretty poor government health care and you seem to wait for everything way longer than you should (mail packages, for example).

Having The Witcher on a gaming site gives you 5 stars in my book. But I understand.

#89 Posted by NekuSakuraba (7240 posts) -

Not sure to be honest. I just voted 5 stars randomly though! :D

#90 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

I'll give a solid 4 stars to my native England. 

And a 4.5 for good ol' USA, where I've lived for the past 7 years. I love being here.

#91 Posted by BrockSampson (296 posts) -

3 stars for my beloved states. We started wonderful. But over the last several decades have been moving ever towards a dangerous and most disappointing path.

#92 Posted by JammyJesus (766 posts) -

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy where I live, but we need a fuck tonne of work doing. UK: 3/5

#93 Posted by Claude (16251 posts) -

@JammyJesus said:

Don't get me wrong, I enjoy where I live, but we need a fuck tonne of work doing. UK: 3/5

In a written review, would it be closer to 4 stars or a little lower. Maybe pushing the low 3. Just curious.

#94 Posted by Skald (4366 posts) -

Hell yeah, Canada. People who know what I'm talking about totally know what I'm talking about.

#95 Posted by PenguinDust (12414 posts) -

4 Stars.  Better than most (192 members to the U.N.), but still in need of some improvement.  That means there's something for current and future generations to strive for. 

#96 Posted by phrosnite (3517 posts) -

3 Stars for Bulgaria...

#97 Posted by Thiemen (57 posts) -

4 stars for The Netherlands. Everything is very well organised and almost everyone (including me) is fairly wealthy. The only things I dislike is the weather and the landscape. 

#98 Posted by Swoxx (2980 posts) -

A solid 4 stars for Sweden from me. It's pretty great. But some stuff could use improvement

#99 Posted by Gamer_152 (13975 posts) -

England. I'm stuck between three and four stars but I'll be generous and opt for four. We have some very serious issues as a society which I don't see being tackled any time soon, but after seeing a documentary last night set in Africa I'm glad I live in a country which preaches equality, freedom, and can provide me with not only food, water and shelter but also the kind of first world luxuries most people will never even know exist.

#100 Posted by TobbRobb (4408 posts) -

Sweden is probably the safest place to live. Maybe not the most FUN, but when I don't ever worry, really about anything. That doesn't matter.