This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

Should a Christian watch Rated R movie? like War Inc?

#2 Posted by Aarny91 (3917 posts) -

I don't see a problem with that...

#3 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

Thanks mate. :)

#4 Posted by FrizzyFresh (10 posts) -

I don't want to get into a religious debate here, but is this a joke thread or is it serious?

#5 Posted by Cube (4366 posts) -
Wow.

I'm pretty glad I got out of that crap.
#6 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

I think i'am pretty serious here.

#7 Edited by Canadian (384 posts) -

...WHAT?!
Since when did religion stop you from watching movies?
edit: YEAH! A Canadian!

#8 Edited by pause422 (6259 posts) -

Anyone should be able to watch any movie they want, being a Christian is no reason to not see a good looking movie if its rated R.There are plenty of really extremely religious people that have do's and dont's that most of us wouldn't agree with or understand why its even a big deal, but not watching a rated R movie has hardly ever been one I've heard of.

#9 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

Rated R.

#10 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -
FrizzyFresh said:
"I don't want to get into a religious debate here, but is this a joke thread or is it serious?
"
I am also wondering the same. I mean, Passion of the Christ is Rated R.
#11 Posted by GameFreak315 (151 posts) -

I'm Catholic, and I watch lots of R rated movies...but not War Inc.  I don't want to see that.  :P

#12 Posted by pause422 (6259 posts) -

Wow I forgot about that kairu, there is a really good point for you, Of course plenty of christians went to see that movie I'm sure,so there would definitely be nothing wrong with it. I grew up christian,and saw rated R movies with my parents when I was 6, so no it isn't even a debate I'd say,its completely fine.

#13 Edited by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

You mates was helpful thanks!

#14 Posted by stAtic (1638 posts) -

Religion is going to stop people from watching movies now..?

#15 Posted by Green_Incarnate (1791 posts) -

I know a lot of Christian people who avoid watching rated R movies. I don't think it's that big of a deal though.

#16 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

lol no

#17 Posted by Keyser_Soze (1186 posts) -

Ask hmm, I don't know your Pastor or Priest, not a gaming forum.

#18 Posted by The_Real_LJ (170 posts) -

Depends on their age...

#19 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

I'm 17 going on 18. in Dec.

#20 Posted by Endogene (4742 posts) -

read the bible if it says if you can or not watch r rated movies, that simple

#21 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

It don't have it in the Bible.

#22 Posted by pause422 (6259 posts) -

Just look at some of the stories from the Bible,especially old testament stuff, some of it would easily be rated R material if put into a movie,and plenty far worse.

#23 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

I don't see why being Christian would disallow you from watching a movie you want to see.

#24 Posted by sponge3164 (407 posts) -
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"I'm 17 going on 18. in Dec.
"
Go ahead, religion really shouldn't stop you from watching a movie. Unless the movies name like "666 satan rawwwwwwwwwwrrrrrr"
#25 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

Thanks i'll watch it mates!

#26 Posted by DorianBlack (311 posts) -

Are you asking because you are wondering if yourself a Christian believer can handle an R rate movie? Or are you asking if your peers will think lowly of you if you watch it? If you are almost 18 then I think you can handle it and you can live your life by your rules and still follow your faith. The bible is a book meant to guide people in the right direction, it's not meant as a rule book for your life.

#27 Posted by Karmum (11519 posts) -
stAtic said:
"Religion is going to stop people from watching movies now..?
"
Actually, it already did. There is a list out there of movies and books "Good Christians", should not read/watch. Harry Potter, for instance, is on there.

Sounds stupid, I know.
#28 Edited by DirrtyNinja (715 posts) -
Considering Christianity is the most vile, grotesque and down right genocidal religion of them all , i do not see a problem with you watchcing whatever the hell you want. 
#29 Posted by TwoOneFive (9459 posts) -

Did you ever see The Passion of the Christ?!?!??!

lol of course a Christian can watch an R rated movie. 
#30 Posted by infect999 (355 posts) -

I'm 15, a Christian, and have watched several R-rated movies as well as played M-rated games. There really isn't a problem as long as you can handle it.

#31 Posted by Endogene (4742 posts) -

dammit i just have to say this, make up your mind your self, the way you see your religion is yours and yours alone
If in your eyes something is right than it is and vice versa

#32 Posted by Oriental_Jams (3063 posts) -

Does it say that you can't somewhere in the Bible?

#33 Posted by SlashedPath (35 posts) -

If it makes you uncomfortable while watching it then just don't, if you don't see a problem than it's cool.

#34 Posted by Endogene (4742 posts) -
Oriental_Jams said:
"Does it say that you can't somewhere in the Bible?"
she said she doesnt have one

tetete.... bad bad bad
#35 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -

I'm just up in this thread looking for some fine Christian pussy.

#36 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"Should a Christian watch Rated R movie? like War Inc?
"
Passion of the Christ is rated R. Religion should take into account in what you watch or play, only how you act.
#37 Posted by hazelnutman (1097 posts) -

I'm a devoted Catholic, but watch R rated movies like nuts.

Saw is my favorite series. Nothing like a gore-fest to help you appreciate life.

#38 Posted by ItalyCanadian9 (1673 posts) -

Thanks mates! :)

#39 Posted by pyromaniac (1703 posts) -

If you are 17 and almost 18 I am sure you have seen and maybe done things that can be constituted as worse than seeing a Rated R movie

#40 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -

I'm Christian and I've seen many Rated R movies, I'm 18 though so I guess that's okay. I enjoy most of them...as long as they're violent. Like Rambo. Rambo's good.

#41 Posted by infect999 (355 posts) -
BlackSuitAndTie9 said:
"I'm Christian and I've seen many Rated R movies, I'm 18 though so I guess that's okay. I enjoy most of them...as long as they're violent. Like Rambo. Rambo's good.
"

lol...I...uh...got bored watching Rambo.
#42 Posted by efrucht (639 posts) -
ItalyCanadian9 said:
"It don't have it in the Bible.
"
Then you have nothing to worry about! ^_^
#43 Edited by Josiah (97 posts) -
DirrtyNinja said:
"Considering Christianity is the most vile, grotesque and down right genocidal religion of them all , i do not see a problem with you watchcing whatever the hell you want. 
"
You're a fool. Name one genocidal act associated specifically with Christianity.
#44 Posted by BlackSuitAndTie9 (289 posts) -
infect999 said:
"BlackSuitAndTie9 said:
"I'm Christian and I've seen many Rated R movies, I'm 18 though so I guess that's okay. I enjoy most of them...as long as they're violent. Like Rambo. Rambo's good.
"

lol...I...uh...got bored watching Rambo."
First Blood. Classic Rambo. :D
#45 Posted by semicolon1twlev2 (894 posts) -

ItalyCanadian9, I deem you Icy.  You know, because your name makes IC!  Icy!  Seriously though, Ima call you that because it's shorter.

Yes, it's okay.  And don't diss Icy, guys.

#46 Posted by infect999 (355 posts) -
Josiah said:
"DirrtyNinja said:
"Considering Christianity is the most vile, grotesque and down right genocidal religion of them all , i do not see a problem with you watchcing whatever the hell you want. 
"
You're a fool. Name one genocidal act associated specifically with Christianity.
"
The Crusades. But that only occurred because 90% of the Pope's that have graced the Catholic church have been morons.
#47 Posted by Josiah (97 posts) -
infect999 said:
"Josiah said:
"DirrtyNinja said:
"
"
The Crusades. But that only occurred because 90% of the Pope's that have graced the Catholic church have been morons.
"
LOL, the Crusades. Okay, well crack open some credible books about "The" Crusades, and learn some history. Speaking of the Pope... I couldn't care less about what he does or says, as he influences me in no way. The Catholic church != Christianity.
#48 Posted by infect999 (355 posts) -

lol...I could care less what the Pope or the Catholic church says either.

#49 Posted by Josiah (97 posts) -
infect999 said:
"lol...I could care less what the Pope or the Catholic church says either."
Couldn't. You couldn't care less. Sorry, it bugs me when people say they "could" care less about something when they mean that they "couldn't".
#50 Posted by Darth_Tyrev (224 posts) -

Wow, this person is asking for religious advice on the internet and is just going to listen to what they say? Try thinking for yourself, or at the very least ask a priest or something.