#1 Posted by LotusKing (14 posts) -

I'm re-reading Cryptonomicon by Neal Stephenson, and it's about as rad as I remember.

#2 Posted by Blu3V3nom07 (4209 posts) -

Jurassic Park.

#3 Posted by Daveyo520 (6767 posts) -

The Stand

#4 Posted by believer258 (11914 posts) -

The first Game of Thrones book, among other things for school.

#5 Edited by coakroach (2490 posts) -

Catch 22. It's good stuff.

#6 Posted by yesac2004 (117 posts) -

Under the Dome, liking it so far

#7 Edited by Onced (108 posts) -

The Passage. It's really decent so far. It's basically I Am Legend crossed with The Road.

#8 Edited by zoozilla (979 posts) -

I'm reading The Black Swan: The Impact of the Highly Improbable.

It's really interesting, and is genuinely making me look at the world in a different way.

#9 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

The Japanese script to FF7.

#10 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

The Stand

I'm actually reading this also. I've taken a quick break to read End of Faith, though.

#11 Posted by Judog24 (3 posts) -

The Wanting Seed - Anthony Burgess

#12 Posted by Daveyo520 (6767 posts) -

@breadfan: It has been pretty good so far. lol I took a break to play Fire Emblem on the GBA.

#13 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

@daveyo520: I'm enjoying it so far. I've read a little passed the first third of the book, but just felt a little burned out.

#14 Edited by DonPixel (2585 posts) -

I just finished The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Klay, pretty fun and beautifully written but to jewish I think... I'm a few pages into Neuromancer, good stuff!

#15 Posted by Daveyo520 (6767 posts) -

@breadfan: I guess it is a little long and drawn out. I am like 30 something chapters in and stuff finally popped off. Though I am sure that is so I get to know the characters and how they were before the world went to shit.

#16 Edited by mylifeforAiur (3484 posts) -
#17 Posted by wemibelec90 (1672 posts) -

I just finished Beautiful Creatures. Trying to decide what I want to read next. The first Game of Thrones books is tempting but also a massive prospect, considering it will make me want to read the rest of that series immediately afterward, I bet.

#18 Posted by Sparky_Buzzsaw (6199 posts) -

Ugh, I wish. I keep meaning to sit down and finish Tad Williams's Shadow series at some point or another, but I keep getting distracted by crappy little crime novels, which are my unhealthy addiction at the moment.

#19 Posted by Levius (1140 posts) -

Just started both Slaughterhouse 5 by Kurt Vonnegut and the Occupied City by David Peace.

#20 Posted by Capum15 (4903 posts) -

World War Z by Max Brooks.

Still as awesome as ever.

#21 Edited by Sergio (2130 posts) -
#22 Posted by Conzed92 (166 posts) -

@judog24 said:

The Wanting Seed - Anthony Burgess

Good old Anthony! Have you read A Clockwork Orange?

I am currently reading A Dog's Heart by Mikhail Bulgakov, it is a really short read, however it has excellent humor. Also taking into account how risky it was for Bulgakov to write a novel like this which by far is one the best contemporary satires of the early Soviet regime, makes it a really interesting, definitely pick it up.

#23 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

Monthly book thread requirement fulfilled.