#1 Posted by Demoskinos (16201 posts) -

So somehow today I remembered about my original GameFAQs account that got banned. I dug through some links and found the contribute page for my account for reviews and good god man. If you ever want to hate yourself just read things you wrote a long time ago. These are all reviews I wrote between 02- 04 and they are fuggin TERRIBLE.

Anyways I share my shame with you all. Anyone feel the same way about older stuff they wrote or just in general how you use to act on the internet? I challenge you to share your shame!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/starwind74/contributions/reviews

#2 Edited by rentacop (116 posts) -

"To break this review down im breakin it down"

:P

#3 Posted by joshthebear (2704 posts) -

"Lets Paint the walls...Bloody Red!"

#4 Edited by believer258 (12697 posts) -

Going back to visit my old Escapist profile a few weeks ago was a pain as well. Hell, I'm sure I could go find something from six months - or even six weeks - ago on here and find something that I could kick myself for saying.

Never forget that no man ever loses the capacity to be a twat.

#5 Posted by Demoskinos (16201 posts) -

@rentacop: Yeah, I know man its just awful. XD

#6 Posted by OfficeGamer (1120 posts) -

In a few years you will stumble upon this thread and groan at your stupidity, making a stupid thread about you groaning over trivial matters (DON'T get me wrong I'm not calling you stupid I'm echoing your future thoughts based on your current thoughts of your past).

You should be proud of whatever the fuck you were like at any time in the past :) Unless you hurt kitties. Then you should groan.

#7 Posted by LordAndrew (14588 posts) -

The two user reviews I wrote on GameSpot are pretty terrible. One day I might repost them here. Maybe when I decide to finally finish that Mario Party 7 review I started.

#8 Edited by Demoskinos (16201 posts) -

In a few years you will stumble upon this thread and groan at your stupidity, making a stupid thread about you groaning over trivial matters (DON'T get me wrong I'm not calling you stupid I'm echoing your future thoughts based on your current thoughts of your past).

You should be proud of whatever the fuck you were like at any time in the past :) Unless you hurt kitties. Then you should groan.

THE CYCLE CONTINUES!

#9 Edited by zoozilla (1000 posts) -

I remember on my old GameSpot account I wrote this really lengthy blog post arguing against Roger Ebert when he claimed that games can't be art.

It's definitely a groaner.

EDIT: Oh, I found the link. It's terrible, but at least it's laughably terrible.

#10 Posted by Milkman (17841 posts) -

There is TONS of embarrassing shit on my GameSpot profile. Thank christ I used a different username back then.

And no, I'm not telling you what it is.

#11 Posted by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

I don't even have to read my GameSpot era stuff to know it's horrible.

#12 Edited by 49th (3027 posts) -

Ugh, I just looked back at my posts from a MapleStory forum... half of the them I could find were me telling people they were posting on the wrong board, and half of them were one sentence answers and general shit posting. Also, I didn't know how to use apostrophe's properly. (like that)

#13 Posted by Demoskinos (16201 posts) -

@milkman said:

There is TONS of embarrassing shit on my GameSpot profile. Thank christ I used a different username back then.

And no, I'm not telling you what it is.

You were a PWB lurker weren't you. xD

#14 Edited by Video_Game_King (36566 posts) -

@rentacop said:

"To break this review down im breakin it down"

:P

I think calling Code Veronica X a "perfect game" is far dumber.

#15 Posted by Reisz (1604 posts) -

Oh dude, it's the worst. I draw rather often, and have been for many years, looking back on past work is agonising. I'd put some up if they weren't all in sketchbooks all over the place. I find the best thing to do with that is look at it, consider where you were in your life then and realise you are who you are now for having been there. your point of view and identity is better formed because of it. You have to own that stuff, you know. Otherwise it can weigh you down, props for linking to it.

#16 Posted by Tajasaurus (1278 posts) -
#17 Edited by Aetheldod (3914 posts) -

Yeah just reread mine at gamespot ... well I will admit grammar aint my forte :/

#18 Edited by Chibithor (584 posts) -

I once found an old account on some random site that I couldn't remember ever visiting even after logging in there with an old password of mine. It made me understand that the people writing really inane comments all have a chance to change as I did.

I also think around 800 of my 1000 Steam forum posts are from telling people that VAC works on the VAC section. Time well spent.

But man the Tribes guys really missed out on the box-quote "The Real Halo" - outlawdarkwolf (also a pretty good 'username I picked when I was younger')

Anyway, not super old but here's some fresh insight on the latest rumors on the upcoming WoW expansion and a sick burn on Something Awful:

Going to be honest here:

It sounds terrible. Goblins are nothing new, they are boring. Thrall would have to be retarded to promote the clearly unfit warchief Garrosh to the position. Cairne getting killed also sounds strange

And come on, SOMETHING AWFUL as a source? LOL. No new hero class, instead old classes with new races, nothing too interesting there either. We'll see at the Blizzcon, myself, I hope not half of this is true. But, just my opinion.

#19 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6497 posts) -

I'm never going to look at my old Gamespot profile ever again for this exact reason. I cringe reading things I wrote a year ago let alone seven years ago.

#20 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2656 posts) -

I can't look at my old Gamespot reviews without wanting to kill myself.

#21 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12656 posts) -

Honestly, I bet I'd cringe if I looked at some of my old blogs and forum posts here, to not even think about the things I posted on those Might and Magic and Fire Emblem message boards circa 2006/2007.

On the bright side: If what you wrote years ago makes you uncomfortable, that's good. It means you've improved from your stupid 14-year-old self. Those review headers though...yeah, I can see you giving Bloodrayne a 9.

#22 Posted by Pepsiman (2766 posts) -

I can barely look at past material from just a few months ago, let alone a decade-plus-ago at this point. I'll never be satisfied with my own work as a writer, but at the same time, at least it means I won't become complacent over something complete shit. Or so I can hope.

That being said:

"Ah! Sound a game can't be complete without sound right? Right!"

You're a brave person for coming forward with this and I applaud you for being able to bask in your roasting.

#23 Posted by Morningstar (2321 posts) -

Going back to visit my old Escapist profile a few weeks ago was a pain as well. Hell, I'm sure I could go find something from six months - or even six weeks - ago on here and find something that I could kick myself for saying.

Never forget that no man ever loses the capacity to be a twat.

Such wisdom.

#24 Edited by Mrsignerman44 (1105 posts) -

I always delete the stupid shit I've done on the internet frequently. Old Twitter? Gone. Deviantart shit? Gone. Gamefaqs account?Especially gone.

#25 Posted by big_jon (6127 posts) -

I have only written two reviews, one of Halo: Reach, and one of Halo 4, I think my Halo 4 Review is a pretty big improvement.

#26 Edited by rentacop (116 posts) -

I used to frequent this random, small forum around 2000 and have been searching for it every few months over the past few years. As bad as I am now, I'm sure there are tons of gems from my pre-high school English days.