• 80 results
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WilliamRLBaker

Has any one seen this crap? my god i thought cartoon network was for cartoons not stupid ass andrew party guy sings like one song, and the people on roller coasters and shit.

found this article about it too.
 http://www.tv.com/story/17471.html 
 Cartoon network is dead to me pretty much in the day time.

Lashe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Lashe

I haven't trusted kids TV since late 90s/early 2000s at a push. UK Saturday Morning TV used to be awesome.

EVO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By EVO

Recently I played a level in LittleBigPlanet, it was called The end of Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Video_Game_King

I sort of detailed it in my blog, but yea, what the hell has happened to Cartoon Network? They're airing nothing but shitty cartoons, crap reality TV, and random shorts which seem to have been lifted straight from Internet memes, only....no, wait, they weren't funny here, either.

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By AgentofChaos

Remember when their slogan used to be all cartoons 24/7? Not the case anymore.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By FrankCanada97

Reminds me of the sad fate of Gameshow Network. Nowadays the only thing they show on Gameshow Network are Reality TV and Poker.

Kiemoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Kiemoe

I totally agree. Chowder and Flapjack is where it's at. And Lazlo and Foster's home, but they don't come on anymore.

Pie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#8  Edited By Pie

Do they still show that cartoon flashback thing at 11 pm with shows like dexters laboratory and ed edd and eddie?

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By penguindust

I bitched about this a while ago, too.  I could see the writing on the wall before any of the shows started to air.  CN is run by morons now who don't know their ass from their elbows.  It started with the shoddy "Out of Jimmy's Head" which at least had some relationship to cartoons.  Now, the network is transforming into something closer to Discovery Kids without all the educational junk to detract from the money-making.   They killed off Toonami, turned Adult-Swim into a cesspool of mediocrity and pretentious crap, and now have striped what was left of the network identity by filling it up with garbage reality shows.  And they aren't even original reality shows.  They're just kid versions of shows on other networks.  Ghost Hunters...with kids.  Man vs Wild...with kids.  Web Soup...with kids.  Ugh!  It makes me angry as a lover of animation that they would abandon what made the network great for a cheap buck.  I mean it's in the name, Cartoon Network.  There are already others that do the reality TV thing like the Reality TV network and the Tru TV Channel.  

Maybe I'm just getting old, but I am amazed these days how everything that was once great has become tainted by mismanagement and greed.

regularassmilk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10  Edited By regularassmilk

I miss...
Time Squad
Megas XLR
Toonami
Powerpuff Girls
Sheep in the Big City 
Dexters Laboratory
Ed, Edd, and Eddy
2 Stupid Dogs
Mike, Lu, and Og
and all the other good shows that are gone.
Edit: I do like Flapjack though. Sometimes Chowder. But those shows will be gone soon enough to make way for more shitty live-action shows.

mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mordukai
@WilliamRLBaker:  At least we still got Adult Swim.
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Mordukai said:
" @WilliamRLBaker:  At least we still got Adult Swim. "
not realy adult swim hasn't produced much of any thing new except to get king of the hill which i've seen every episode about 6 times when they showed on FX.
mordukai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By mordukai
@WilliamRLBaker: I noticed Adult Swim is very cyclical. I know new seasons of Venture Bros. is coming September and ATHF are going to have a new season.  I am also waiting for new Metalocalypse.  As far as Cartoon Network then I think that the suits have finally lost it, but they gots to make their  sponsors happy and have to make that 3 Million dollar bonuses, right? 
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Pie said:
" Do they still show that cartoon flashback thing at 11 pm with shows like dexters laboratory and ed edd and eddie? "
No, that's Adult Swim, the only reason people watch Cartoon Network anymore. Anybody else hoping Adult Swim becomes its own channel so Cartoon Network can just slowly implode?
L33tfella_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By L33tfella_H

Over here where i live, CN still does Cartoons Only (Mostly, i think they had like 2 shows and the Ben 10 Live-Action film) which i'm pretty glad about, then again...most of these new cartoons they show are pretty bad. I miss the 90's :<.

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By VWGTI

Laaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Druminator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Druminator

Cartoons seem to get worse over the years. 80's toons were better than the 90's but the 90's toons were better than today's. Adult Swim is great but it does need something new. I can only watch Family Guy or Aqua Teen so many times. My current favorite toon has got to be Superjail. You don't even need drugs to trip out watching that show. The greatest toon to ever grace television though has got to be South Park.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By artofwar420

They can't take away our memories.

thordain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By thordain

I had to see some of those shows about a week ago and yeah, they're really bad. Something else I saw was some dumb show called Stoked, which is apparently a tween show about surfers. Anyway, the episode I saw concluded with an old guy not wearing anything at all, and they zoomed in on his dick, though it was pixelated at least. So yeah, that was weird, seeing pixelated old man junk on cartoon network.

mracoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By mracoon

Cartoon Network gave me some amazing childhood memories so it's sad to see it take a turn for the worse.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By penguindust

I should add that CN does have a sister station Boomerang which still only shows cartoons but those are all older shows like PPG, Dexter, Jonny Quest and Scooby Doo.  It occurs to me however that no network, at least in the US, is currently airing classic Warner Bros toons.  No Bugs, no Daffy, no Roadrunner anywhere.  I grew up appreciating all those old Loony Toons but kids today won't have any idea about them unless their parents buy the DVDs. 

SAMCRO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SAMCRO

i do miss cartoon network how it used to be i pretty much stopped wtching when every show had really stupid characters. like all the writers said "hey spongebob is so succesful and all those characters are idiots maybe we should make are characters idiots too.Dexter was really smart and his problems were caused by deedee most of the time,ed edd and eddy got into trouble because they tried to get money for jawbreakers. the characters all got stupid then when that got old they started making reality shows 

(i just watched destroy build destroy,i kinda like it but everything else is crap)

Qorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Qorious

Cartoon Network died to me when they canceled Toonami.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Mordukai said:
" @WilliamRLBaker: I noticed Adult Swim is very cyclical. I know new seasons of Venture Bros. is coming September and ATHF are going to have a new season.  I am also waiting for new Metalocalypse.  As far as Cartoon Network then I think that the suits have finally lost it, but they gots to make their  sponsors happy and have to make that 3 Million dollar bonuses, right?  "
yeah but thats only 3 shows out of like near 10 hours of programming.
I personally wanna see new sealab dammit that was my fav show. I all so want them to get some fucking better anime on saturday nights or so.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Druminator said:
" Cartoons seem to get worse over the years. 80's toons were better than the 90's but the 90's toons were better than today's. Adult Swim is great but it does need something new. I can only watch Family Guy or Aqua Teen so many times. My current favorite toon has got to be Superjail. You don't even need drugs to trip out watching that show. The greatest toon to ever grace television though has got to be South Park. "
Hey, 90s cartoons were still good, along with a few cartoons that came out between 2000-2002. Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy, anyone?
Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Yup. There's a channel called "NickToon" that shows mostly old Nickolodeon cartoons, though I don't even know if it's on anymore. As for cartoon network, well....I don't really care anymore. I'll occassionally watch an ATHF re-run on Adult Swim, and of course there's Metalocalypse, but other than that I'm kind of indifferent on it.

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#27  Edited By mikemcn

Put yourself in the shoes of a 10 year old, you think you would give a damn if its animated or not?  

And who cares about CN, i assume the majority here are all at least over the age of 14 or 15 or so...... we watched it when it was "good' and thats all we need. Ya theres Adult Swim, but i assume that hasn't changed.
Avatar image for wallacethegreat
WallacetheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 17

#28  Edited By WallacetheGreat

I haven't watched CN in the daytime since they canceled Toonami and all of the Cartoon Cartoons. Adult Swim still has some good stuff, but their daytime schedule caters to a younger audience of course, so the shows must change to fit the kids' interests. I'm only sad that this new generation will never know the greatness of Cow and Chicken or Courage The Cowardly Dog.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ververdan0226
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Pie said:
" Do they still show that cartoon flashback thing at 11 pm with shows like dexters laboratory and ed edd and eddie? "
No, that's Adult Swim, the only reason people watch Cartoon Network anymore. Anybody else hoping Adult Swim becomes its own channel so Cartoon Network can just slowly implode? "
Yes, yes and yes. I used to love Cartoon Network...

Not to mention Nickelodeon which started adding all that shitty, live-action tween stuff. Not to mention their cartoons have degraded in quality. Remember the good old days of Doug, original Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, Ren and Stimpy, The Angry Beavers and Aahh!!! Real Monsters?? Kids cartoons really are going to shit these days.
Benjaminvdv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Benjaminvdv

Let's face it, reality tv kills everything... I seriously can't understand that anyone could watch that crap, yet people do, and they make shitloads of money of it... so yeah, why would they air expensive quality shows when you can just put a bunch of retards together and air that instead.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ververdan0226 said:
Yes, yes and yes. I used to love Cartoon Network...  Not to mention Nickelodeon which started adding all that shitty, live-action tween stuff. Not to mention their cartoons have degraded in quality. Remember the good old days of Doug, original Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, Ren and Stimpy, The Angry Beavers and Aahh!!! Real Monsters?? Kids cartoons really are going to shit these days. "
Don't forget Invader Zim and early Spongebob. Seriously, what the hell has happened to cartoons? What happened to the days when a kid's cartoon could feature Al Gore, or create quips perfect for the Internet?
WitchHunter_Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By WitchHunter_Z

Please just give us the ending of Samurai Jack before you go down, Cartoon Network.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Early nineties were the high point in cartoons, now it's a pile of shit, I never watch them anymore.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By KaosAngel

R.I.P.  Toonami

Popping the anime cherries of all Americans watching.  

Cartoon Network...I will miss you.  :(

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#35  Edited By Cerza

I think the biggest problem with cartoons today and the networks that air them is that they are all owned by Disney, or at least in America they are all owned by Disney. Now I could be wrong there and please correct me if I am, but last I checked I'm pretty sure Disney had a monopoly of childrens programming and cartoons specifically. As we all know a monopoly leads to a stagnant market and lack of creativity, originality, and innovation due to a lack of competition, which is why everything that comes out today is shit.

ververdan0226

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By ververdan0226
@Video_Game_King said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
Yes, yes and yes. I used to love Cartoon Network...  Not to mention Nickelodeon which started adding all that shitty, live-action tween stuff. Not to mention their cartoons have degraded in quality. Remember the good old days of Doug, original Rugrats, Rocko's Modern Life, Hey Arnold!, Ren and Stimpy, The Angry Beavers and Aahh!!! Real Monsters?? Kids cartoons really are going to shit these days. "
Don't forget Invader Zim and early Spongebob. Seriously, what the hell has happened to cartoons? What happened to the days when a kid's cartoon could feature Al Gore, or create quips perfect for the Internet? "
All hail Invader Zim!
Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Diamond

TV died for me a long time ago.  Seeing how networks like CN betray their core concepts only makes me laugh.

agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By agentboolen

Yea i'd rather they stay with nothing but cartoons also!!!!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Video_Game_King
@ververdan0226 said:
" @Video_Game_King said:
" @ververdan0226 said:
Don't forget Invader Zim and early Spongebob. Seriously, what the hell has happened to cartoons? What happened to the days when a kid's cartoon could feature Al Gore, or create quips perfect for the Internet? "
All hail Invader Zim! "
The only cartoon to reveal the evils of Satan Claus years before me.
Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Seedofpower

Yeah its really sad.

I like this qoute thou, 

"reality killed the animation star."

ImHungryx10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ImHungryx10

Damnit. 

What else is there to say?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Cerza said:
" I think the biggest problem with cartoons today and the networks that air them is that they are all owned by Disney, or at least in America they are all owned by Disney. Now I could be wrong there and please correct me if I am, but last I checked I'm pretty sure Disney had a monopoly of childrens programming and cartoons specifically. As we all know a monopoly leads to a stagnant market and lack of creativity, originality, and innovation due to a lack of competition, which is why everything that comes out today is shit. "
Wait, I think Cartoon Network is owned by Turner Broadcasting, and Nick by Viacom. I did my research. Seems like you really don't need a monopoly to lose creativity or entertainment value.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43  Edited By Arkthemaniac
@Cerza said:
" I think the biggest problem with cartoons today and the networks that air them is that they are all owned by Disney, or at least in America they are all owned by Disney. Now I could be wrong there and please correct me if I am, but last I checked I'm pretty sure Disney had a monopoly of childrens programming and cartoons specifically. As we all know a monopoly leads to a stagnant market and lack of creativity, originality, and innovation due to a lack of competition, which is why everything that comes out today is shit. "
Kids enjoy this type of thing now. Plain and simple.
fr0br0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By fr0br0
@regularassmilk said:
" I miss... Time Squad Megas XLR Toonami Powerpuff Girls Sheep in the Big City  Dexters Laboratory Ed, Edd, and Eddy 2 Stupid Dogs Mike, Lu, and Og and all the other good shows that are gone. Edit: I do like Flapjack though. Sometimes Chowder. But those shows will be gone soon enough to make way for more shitty live-action shows. "
Nostalgia just hit me like a sack filled with bricks.
JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By JJOR64

When I grew up I always watch Cartoon Network.  There were many great shows; Dexter's Laboratory, Johnny Bravo, Courage the Cowardly Dog, Ed Ed N' Eddy, and many others.  Today, cartoon network is just full of crap shows.  I think they are trying to hard to be like Nickelodeon.

Storphrax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Storphrax

When  I have kids, I will make it my mission to hunt down DVDs for all of the great 90's and early 2000's cartoons i lived off of during my childhood. I refuse to let my children be polluted by the pile of shit that is modern TV.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Storphrax said:
" When  I have kids, I will make it my mission to hunt down DVDs for all of the great 90's and early 2000's cartoons i lived off of during my childhood. I refuse to let my children be polluted by the pile of shit that is modern TV. "
Don't worry; by the looks of it, TV will die long before you ever get a woman pregnant and have children with her.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By auspiciousqueue

So sad.... But then again, I did grow up and begin to watch HBO miniseries. 

Cerza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#49  Edited By Cerza
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Cerza said:
Wait, I think Cartoon Network is owned by Turner Broadcasting, and Nick by Viacom. I did my research. Seems like you really don't need a monopoly to lose creativity or entertainment value. "
Wow that's good to know. I thought CN went on the chop block and got picked up by Disney when Ted Turners empire collapsed. I guess I was wrong. I take back what I said then.
jonnyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#50  Edited By jonnyboy

Not reality TV, Microsoft! 

Kids just turn on their 360's now. As a rule I don't play any Xbox Live during Half Term or Summer Holidays, I just can't take the squeaking.