Those shows are horrible.
dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

#54  Edited By dethfish

I actually keep my tv on cartoon network when I'm on the computer so I've seen some of this dumb shit. I was gonna start a thread about how dumb it is but I didn't think anyone would know what I'm talking about.

This stuff is so dumb. Not your ordinary dumb kids show but just plain retarded. OK, it isn't as bad as the shitty sitcom-esque shows that are on Nick and Disney but they're still pretty bad. Some of them like Brain Rush are watchable (barely) but now they've added two new shows that are not watchable at all. The first one is Bobb'e Says which is basically an Americas Funniest Home videos type of thing hosted by the kid from Role Models. Those types of shows are bad enough but this kid will not shut up during the entire show. It drives me nuts. The second one (and worst thing on CN) is Dude What Would Happen. I can not even begin to describe how dumb I think this show is. I'll give you a example of what they do. 

"Dude what would happen if we filled our car with water (so they could stay cool) and tried to drive it?"
"Ok, that was awesome but it was a little hard to drive."
"Dude what would happen if we made the car into a mobile hot tub?" 
"Brrrr, this water is too cold. Let's heat it up with a FLAMETHROWER!"
"Ok it's warmer now."

And that's just one dumb ass example.

Then you have all the other dumb shows they have like Slam Ball, because what's more in right now then re-runs of slam ball from the versus network, and there's also this ghost hunting show that I can't even remember the name of but I think ghost hunting kind of explains itself. 

Maybe I think these shows are dumb because I'm too old but even my 9 and 13 year old brothers think most of these shows are idiotic as well. And that was a lot more than I planned on writing about the Cartoon Network.

MC_Izawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By MC_Izawa

No, the reason the kids don't like all these shows isn't because they're not gullible retards or that the shows are pure horse shit, it's that there aren't enough 10 minute long rock song commercials to advertise them.  Children love Dave Grohl look alikes, and they also love Discovery Channel ripoffs starring teenagers.  Remember Discovery Kids?  That was a huge success.  I seriously can't wait until they have a The Bachelor type show where some acne faced kid takes girls to the movies.  At the elimination ceremonies the girls hand him a note that reads: "Do you like me?" and the kid checks off Yes or No.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#56  Edited By penguindust
@MC_Izawa said:
The Bachelor type show where some acne faced kid takes girls to the movies.  At the elimination ceremonies the girls hand him a note that reads: "Do you like me?" and the kid checks off Yes or No. "
The show will use one of these to decide who gets the boot each week.
No Caption Provided
dbz1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#57  Edited By dbz1995

Im 13, my mum looks after a 5, 7, 9,  and 11 year old, and we all hate cartoon network now.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 4

#58  Edited By damnboyadvance

Ever since Cartoon Network killed off all of the good ol, classic cartoons, I've stopped watching it. Thankfully, Adult Swim is still as cartoonish as ever.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By iam3green

yes, i have noticed horrible shows on now. it is really bad shows for kids. to me it's a want to be MTV.

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#60  Edited By Sabata

Cartoon Network has been dead for a while.

Exlutonian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Exlutonian

I mention Venture Bros as I show I enjoy from Adult Swim. 

RIP Cartoon Network and all the shows I loved you for.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By RetroIce4

Cartoon Network is shit now. I was like, "WTF is this?!" and it was Bobby Knows (That kid from Role Models) It wasn't good. Plus Andrew W.K. going from, "Party Party Party!" to a kids show?! Wow...

Darkstar614

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#63  Edited By Darkstar614

4 day old bump, but I just heard about this.

I still can't believe it when things from my childhood get destroyed.

What is next? Comedy central showing shows that aren't funny?... oh... wait...

Avatar image for themustachehero
TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By TheMustacheHero

I wonder who's the dickhead who thought this would be a good idea?

Anyone want to start a new cartoon network with cartoons and anime?

bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By bicycleham

Anyone miss Teen Titans? I watched it the other day on Cartoon Network (I fucking refuse to call it CN) and it really brought back some memories. I guess I'll just stick to Nickelodeon for now. To be honest I found iCarly, Drake and Josh, and True Jackson V.P. a breath of fresh air. They made me laugh from here to there.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 31

#66  Edited By AgentJ

RIP CN

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#67  Edited By jakob187

So the CN has become Nickolodeon?  Grand.  -_-

cloneslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By cloneslayer

cartoon network has been downhill for a while ever since the fall of toonami. They still have two good shows, Chowder and Flapjack. Once those go off air I no longer care. Adult Swim still has some good stuff but squidbillies sucks, and ATHF has been shitty ever since the horrible movie and they lost futurama and frisky dingo. so really only king of the hill, metalocolypse, and venture bros is really good.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#69  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@WitchHunter_Z said:
" Please just give us the ending of Samurai Jack before you go down, Cartoon Network. "
yeah that pisses me off, i watched that show religiously then im like...it ended? when did he defeat akku and go home?
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By WilliamRLBaker
@Darkstar614 said:
" 4 day old bump, but I just heard about this.  I still can't believe it when things from my childhood get destroyed.  What is next? Comedy central showing shows that aren't funny?... oh... wait... "
yeah and now retarded comedy roasts.
LETS ROAST pam anderson...shes a commedian? no but shes a whore and it will make a good show to show lots of whores on stage...
W0lfbl1tzers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By W0lfbl1tzers
@Xolare said:
" Anyone miss Teen Titans? I watched it the other day on Cartoon Network (I fucking refuse to call it CN) and it really brought back some memories. I guess I'll just stick to Nickelodeon for now. To be honest I found iCarly, Drake and Josh, and True Jackson V.P. a breath of fresh air. They made me laugh from here to there. "
Thank you for saying it. ICarly is good when the brother is on the screen. Teen Titans was awesome. I also found that Disney has created one show in the past five years that has made me watch on a regular basis, Fineas and Ferb. I don't care how old I get, cartoon will always hold a softspot in my heart.
shiptoncraig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By shiptoncraig

Maybe Cartoon Network is different here in the UK, but I stopped watching it when I was 10/11.  Or more specifically, I stopped watching Toonami (DBZ and Pokemon) at that age and CN even before that.  Now, I have no desire to watch children cartoons on terrestrial TV, nevermind going out of my way to watch Cartoon Network on Sky. :S

Shermanator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Shermanator

RIP cartoonnetwork.  Farewell to all the good shows they brought to us (toonami)

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By ninjakiller
@TheMustacheHero said:

" I wonder who's the dickhead who thought this would be a good idea?  Anyone want to start a new cartoon network with cartoons and anime? "

Yeah I was thinking this as well, somebody should step up and launch a competitor network now that cn has killed its brand.   Anybody got a $100-200 million laying around?  Just guessing the cost to launch a national cable network.
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By bicycleham
@W0lfbl1tzers said:
" @Xolare said:
" Anyone miss Teen Titans? I watched it the other day on Cartoon Network (I fucking refuse to call it CN) and it really brought back some memories. I guess I'll just stick to Nickelodeon for now. To be honest I found iCarly, Drake and Josh, and True Jackson V.P. a breath of fresh air. They made me laugh from here to there. "
Thank you for saying it. ICarly is good when the brother is on the screen. Teen Titans was awesome. I also found that Disney has created one show in the past five years that has made me watch on a regular basis, Fineas and Ferb. I don't care how old I get, cartoon will always hold a softspot in my heart. "
Meh. Disney is targeted in my opinion toward smaller kids than Cartoon Network is. Cartoon Network probably thought "Hey since so much teens watch those reality TV shows why not put them on our channel for more viewers?" Personally I wouldn't blame them if they hadn't replaced and canceled my favorite shows like Samurai Jack, Powerpuff Girls, Teen Titans, Johnny Bravo and all of those awesome shows.
Radar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#76  Edited By Radar
@Qorious said:
" Cartoon Network died to me when they canceled Toonami. "
Yup.
bicycleham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By bicycleham

Cartoon Fridays. Oh man. Anyone else remember that? They would get a character from a Cartoon Network show to host a Friday full of new episodes of various shows. Man. Cartoon Network. You have turned to a crack whore.

sgjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#78  Edited By sgjackson

Not a CN show, but has anyone bemoaning the end of decent cartoons watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? That show pretty much defines quality.

damnboyadvance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#79  Edited By damnboyadvance

At least Adult Swim hasn't been pulled into Reality TV, yet.

Damian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Damian
@sgjackson said:

" Not a CN show, but has anyone bemoaning the end of decent cartoons watched Avatar: The Last Airbender? That show pretty much defines quality. "

I love that show. And I thought cartoons were dead at Dragon Ball Z, and Pokemon so that goes to show what a curmudgeon I can be at points, and dates me :P

Don't worry people. No one's gonna stop making quality animation, like, EVER. one channel goes, but then all that programming becomes cheaper, and another division of some Villain.Inc picks it up, quaking like The Penguin. New shows find deals, and we end up with the next Aqua Teen Hunger Force.

And further more: 
  • Invader Zim not running to this very day is fucking sacrilege
  • Where's the hell is John K.?
  • Praise the heavens for Miyazaki !!!