#1 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -

  

 
This song is blowing up. Seriously. There's a thread on NeoGAF that is just ripping this song a new one (and it has some of the funniest GIF's I've seen in a while). This song has also reached the comments section of... Ice Cube's "Friday." The top comment right now reads: 
 
"I wonder... Is he sitting in the back seat? Or kicking it in the front seat?" 
 
Someone made a Bob Dylan cover of it and my local rock radio station chose this song as the Best Song to Help You Get Through Rehab. She's been a trending topic on Twitter for days now. This is absolutely insane. Is this a cultural phenomena or what?
#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5819 posts) -

I thought she was somewhat attractive at first.
 
Then I realized that she's 13.

#4 Posted by Yummylee (21546 posts) -

...I think it's time I actually watch through the entire video. *readies last precaution escape route*

Online
#5 Edited by MikeHawk (382 posts) -

well it deserves to be ripped apart. My local radio station played it as a joke and the lyrics are awful! It's like they just asked her what her daily routine was and her answer became the lyrics. also, her voice has so many effects on it  that she kind of sounds like Tom DeLonge from Blink 182.

#6 Posted by AjayRaz (12424 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" ...I think it's time I actually watch through the entire video. *readies last precaution escape route* "
well, that's the last we're seeing of abyssfull 
#7 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
I can't decide what's better. Her friends in the pink dresses during the green screen part or the rapper's face at 3:23 and onward
#8 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19330 posts) -

Obligatory: 

 
  
#9 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

I thought it was a joke video at first, but then I realized it was serious. She has a disgustingly annoying voice.

#10 Posted by zityz (2360 posts) -

Proof that you don't need talent for anything anymore. I heard some dudes singing this the other day as a joke. 
 
This is all the more reason to get my idea for  "Wheels on the Bus feat. Lil John" song on track here.

#11 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -
@weeman105 said:
" I thought it was a joke video at first, but then I realized it was serious. She has a disgustingly annoying voice. "
How can you tell what she sounds like? All I here is a a computer coming out of her mouth.
#12 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -

God Damnit I hate people.

#13 Edited by Landon (4138 posts) -

Finally, a song talking about the important issues in life. Like, busy mornings, which seat should I sit in, and what are we going  to do this weekend?
 
edit: Also, can someone please gif that part at 00:37 where that dork waves for her to get in the backseat.

#14 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

I've tried four times but still have not been able to finish the video. Larry David should bring her on board because god does she know awkward.

#15 Posted by Lukeweizer (2655 posts) -

Why does NeoGaf NOT rip apart?

#16 Posted by Spoonman671 (4601 posts) -

So... was it supposed to be like that?

#17 Posted by Toxin066 (3283 posts) -

Partyin, partyin, YEAH!

#18 Posted by Yummylee (21546 posts) -

So, let me get this straight...saturday is after friday?

Online
#19 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -
@Abyssfull said:
" So, let me get this straight...saturday is after friday? "
sunday comes afterwards.
#20 Edited by The_Hiro_Abides (1261 posts) -

Auto tuning makes another celebrity. Even if I was 13 when this video came out, I'd still hate it.
 
Fuck, it's like she supposed to be the family friendly version of Ke$ha.

#21 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -

I think this vid's been posted a couple times here already & locked for youtube spam. Not that I'm going to flag it or anything, since an interesting (or funny) conversation can come from this, but just letting y'all know. 
 
Have you looked up Ark Music Factory and seen their other aspiring artists & music videos? It's so weird, because every single song follows the same exact formula as this one. It's all ridiculously over-produced music with awful lyrics...ironically enough, not far off from stuff that Ke$ha or other vapid pop artists create now-a-days. 
 
That "Friday" video is pretty insane, but I think this one is most telling of Ark Music Factory's shtick.  
 
  

#22 Posted by Yummylee (21546 posts) -
@Laketown said:
" @Abyssfull said:
" So, let me get this straight...saturday is after friday? "
sunday comes afterwards. "
  
Online
#23 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1728 posts) -

I actually stomached that entire video last night, but....it's like I still can't comprehend how insanely fucking awful the whole thing is. I feel like I should laugh but it really just infuriates me to the point where I can't even express real anger. I mean COME ON, what would make anyone think that blandly detailing their own monotonous daily routine would make for good lyrics? Up until now, only Black Eyed Peas songs would piss me off this much, but this is something much, much worse. Something so goddamn retarded that it's beyond words.

#24 Posted by htr10 (332 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
" Obligatory: 
 
   "
 
these cracked me the heck up and then I immediately felt bad about myself
#25 Edited by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -

You guys are just jealous that this girl is out having fun with friends (which none of you losers have) on a Friday night, while you're all stuck in your mother's basements, fooling yourselves into a false sense of camaraderie with fellow basement dwellers through the internet during Whiskey Media's "happy circlejerk hour".
 
While she's out having a good time, you're stuck touching yourself to images of Jeff Gerstmann playing Galgun.  I think it's clear who the winner in life is.

#26 Posted by htr10 (332 posts) -
@yinstarrunner said:
" You guys are just jealous that this girl is out having fun with friends (which none of you losers have) on a Friday night, while you're all stuck in your mother's basement, fooling yourselves into a false sense of camaraderie with fellow basement dwellers through the internet during Whiskey Media's "happy circlejerk hour".  While she's out having a good time, you're stuck touching yourself to images of Jeff Gerstmann playing Galgun.  I think it's clear who the winner in life is. "
also, she knows the days of the week, in order mind you.  she probably is a pretty good counter, too.
#27 Posted by Grilledcheez (3947 posts) -

  

  I still think this is worse
#28 Posted by choffy21 (1376 posts) -
#29 Posted by GlenTennis (3145 posts) -

  

#30 Posted by Undeadpool (4924 posts) -

Eh, she's no Lil' Kev and that song is no "Bounce Baby." A song so shitty and obscure that I can't find it, but it was on the soundtrack of EZ Money.

#31 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Wait, people actually have tried listening to Ke$ha for the lyrics? I just like the beats. 
 
The first time someone posted this song, I made it to about 7 seconds (I saw the rip-offs of good songs and stopped immediately). This time I made it to 30. Improvement! 
 
This song is an endurance run in and of itself.

#32 Edited by MisterMouse (3550 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:

" Obligatory: 

 
   "
Those are really awesome! the girl in the top gif on the right... oh man.
#33 Posted by Animasta (14673 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01: but the question is if she'd be worse if there was no autotune
#34 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

I really wish that people with actual talent got more buzz than this. She's all over the internet.

#35 Posted by jmic75 (263 posts) -

Lol saw this the other day and.....yeah wow when you still sound awful after being autotuned to hell it's time to quit. I've had pet rocks with more charisma then she has...also how do those 13 year olds have drivers licenses?

#36 Posted by billnyethesciencepie (1335 posts) -
@Laketown: I THINK MONDAY IS AFTER SUNDAY BUT I DONT KNOW
#37 Posted by Hairy_Fish (366 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01:  You have ruined my life.
#38 Posted by LiquidS (971 posts) -
@VinceNotVance:  Why aren't these kids in school? What is wrong with society? What is wrong with parents? I wish I was President of the World, we would all be better off expect for the stupid, they would be dead.
@yinstarrunner:  LOL
#39 Posted by htr10 (332 posts) -
@GrilledCheez01 said:

"   

  I still think this is worse "
idk, man, they at least got one good review: 
 
http://obscuresound.com/2006/10/black-out-band-kids-can-rock-out-too/  
 
...back in 2006.   seriously though, read the user comments under the review.  the positivity goes south so quick on the internet. 
#40 Posted by Hot_Karl (3309 posts) -
@GlenTennis: LOL. the thing about that song is that it's actually performed and written by 12-year-olds, of course it's insanely stupid. With "Friday", it's written and produced by professionals. That's what's so sad about the whole thing.
#41 Posted by The_Hiro_Abides (1261 posts) -
@VinceNotVance said:

" I think this vid's been posted a couple times here already & locked for youtube spam. Not that I'm going to flag it or anything, since an interesting (or funny) conversation can come from this, but just letting y'all know. 
 
Have you looked up Ark Music Factory and seen their other aspiring artists & music videos? It's so weird, because every single song follows the same exact formula as this one. It's all ridiculously over-produced music with awful lyrics...ironically enough, not far off from stuff that Ke$ha or other vapid pop artists create now-a-days. 
 
That "Friday" video is pretty insane, but I think this one is most telling of Ark Music Factory's shtick.  
 
  

"
This video is horrendous! It was like watching a creepy little girl pageant. Or it could be the visual representation of people throwing singers at a wall and see what sticks.
#42 Posted by jmic75 (263 posts) -
@htr10 said:
" @yinstarrunner said:
" You guys are just jealous that this girl is out having fun with friends (which none of you losers have) on a Friday night, while you're all stuck in your mother's basement, fooling yourselves into a false sense of camaraderie with fellow basement dwellers through the internet during Whiskey Media's "happy circlejerk hour".  While she's out having a good time, you're stuck touching yourself to images of Jeff Gerstmann playing Galgun.  I think it's clear who the winner in life is. "
also, she knows the days of the week, in order mind you.  she probably is a pretty good counter, too. "
Very true, not only does she get to party, she gets to party party party party on the weekend weekend weekend. 
#43 Posted by TeflonBilly (4713 posts) -
@Dany said:
" @weeman105 said:
" I thought it was a joke video at first, but then I realized it was serious. She has a disgustingly annoying voice. "
How can you tell what she sounds like? All I here is a a computer coming out of her mouth. "
Actually, this is what a computer would've sounded like 
 
  
   
Seriously, that is not a woman's singing dubbed onto a hologram, but a singing synthesizer worked through a computer.
#44 Posted by buzz_killington (3532 posts) -

 Man, I catch the bus to school everyday. LOOK WHAT FUN I'VE BEEN MISSING ON.

#45 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

#46 Posted by yinstarrunner (1185 posts) -
@jmic75 said:
" @htr10 said:
" @yinstarrunner said:
" You guys are just jealous that this girl is out having fun with friends (which none of you losers have) on a Friday night, while you're all stuck in your mother's basement, fooling yourselves into a false sense of camaraderie with fellow basement dwellers through the internet during Whiskey Media's "happy circlejerk hour".  While she's out having a good time, you're stuck touching yourself to images of Jeff Gerstmann playing Galgun.  I think it's clear who the winner in life is. "
also, she knows the days of the week, in order mind you.  she probably is a pretty good counter, too. "
Very true, not only does she get to party, she gets to party party party party on the weekend weekend weekend.  "
Make light of me all you want, but no number of degenerate pornography tabs open in your browser will be able to fill the holes in your bitter hearts.
#47 Posted by DonChipotle (2730 posts) -

Screw you guys, this song is dope as hell. 
 
  

#48 Edited by Yummylee (21546 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:

" Screw you guys, this song is dope as hell. 
 
  

"
He certainly looks ready to have some paedophilia fun fun fun fun.
Online
#49 Posted by Jeffsekai (7028 posts) -
@VelvetLore04 said:
" Screw you guys, this song is dope as hell. 
 
  
"
DOES HE NOT UNDERSTAND HOW YOUNG THE GIRLS ARE GOD DAMMIT
#50 Edited by Bucketdeth (8007 posts) -

The whole "Friday, Friday" part sounds a lot like Justin Beiber's "Baby Baby" part.  
 
I NOTICE THESE THINGS. 
 
**Also she is a fucking horrible singer**