• 100 results
#1 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

I'm an huge fan of TV shows, problem is that I've checked out most of them, so recommend any TV show that you think I might like, cause I'm struggling to think of some

Also don't ask me to just google it, I want opinions from you guys, the GB community. I'd list all that I've checked out but the list is huge so just feel free to recommend some, keep in mind that I've checked out most of the bigger shows like Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. I like me some Sci-fi and drama but I could watch anything

#2 Posted by Chet_Rippo (238 posts) -

Dexter?

#3 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -
@Vadis said:

Dexter?

Watched some of it, might watch some more
#4 Posted by xeno1053 (15 posts) -

Firefly, IT Crowd, and Bones are all great and they should be on Netflix.

#5 Posted by NickBOTT (473 posts) -

Dexter, 24, Lost, Twin Peaks

#6 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

Mad Men is consistently fantastic.

#7 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

Battlestar Galactica (the new one).

#8 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -

These are all very well known, but in case you've missed one or more of these I strongly recommend you check them out. 

• Twin Peaks
  • The Wire
  • Oz
  • The Sopranos
  • Mad Men
  • Boardwalk Empire
  • The Shield
  • The X-Files
  • The Office (British)
#9 Posted by Keenblaze (466 posts) -

Freaks and Geeks.

#10 Posted by Venatio (4493 posts) -
@RockinKemosabe said:

Battlestar Galactica (the new one).

Just about to finish off the final season, such a great show
#11 Edited by Jay_Ray (1133 posts) -

Friday Night Lights

Sherlock

Luther

Luther and Sherlock are both more like long movies because they are 6 and 3 episodes respectively.

#12 Posted by IBurningStar (2190 posts) -

Oz, The Wire, Doctor Who.

#13 Posted by Redbullet685 (6090 posts) -
@MariachiMacabre said:

Yes. Also, Lost?
#14 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (767 posts) -

The Walking Dead?

#15 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

@Redbullet685 said:

@MariachiMacabre said:

Yes. Also, Lost?

Lost kind of (I really don't want to say this but I can't think of another way to put it...) lost me after late 4th season, to early 5th. Just got way too crazy.

#16 Edited by JEC03 (919 posts) -
@NickBOTT said:

Dexter, 24,Twin Peaks

This all of these are great 24 is my favorite though so damn good.
#17 Posted by Chet_Rippo (238 posts) -

I don't understand the hype with Twin Peaks, I tried watching it and found it to be both slow and a little dumb. It just didn't seem to be going anywhere.

#18 Edited by JEC03 (919 posts) -
@Vadis said:

I don't understand the hype with Twin Peaks, I tried watching it and found it to be both slow and a little dumb. It just didn't seem to be going anywhere.

It's not for everyone but I enjoyed it it's a slow burn and gets better the ending to this day freaks the shit out of me lol.
#19 Posted by JokerFrown (305 posts) -

True Blood. Tits, Blood, and camp. Perfect man show.

#20 Posted by JacDG (2130 posts) -

It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia is brilliant, so is Friday Night Lights and Veronica Mars, probably my favorite two tv-shows of all time, OF ALL TIME.

#21 Posted by DAFTPUNK (1213 posts) -
@Venatio: it's always sunny in Philadelphia!, why hasn't anyone suggested this?!?! 
it's very funny
#22 Posted by JEC03 (919 posts) -

Prison break especially season 1 and 2.

#23 Posted by Mmmslash (2171 posts) -

Weeds. 

Before I watched it, I thought it would be some pot reverential sitcom. 

Turns out, it is very reverential, but the amount of sheer bad shit that happens to that upper-class woman in every single episode is amazing. Seeing her guile her way out of every hardship and change over the seasons is just amazing, amazing character development. Seriously, give it a shot.

#24 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

The Walking Dead 
Deadwood

#25 Posted by sionweeks (656 posts) -

House.

#26 Posted by supermike6 (3645 posts) -

If you like sci-fi, I'd recommend Red Dwarf, which is pretty much the only good sci-fi comedy that exists.

#27 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -

Just watch The Daily Show and the Colbert Report. They don't seem to fit into your current interests, but they will.
#28 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

@JEC03 said:

@Vadis said:

It's not for everyone but I enjoyed it it's a slow burn and gets better the ending to this day freaks the shit out of me lol.

For me it was only the first season that's really good. But once they figure out who killed Laura Palmer, the show became a mess.

Also, check out Firefly if you haven't seen it.

#29 Edited by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Do Lost until the final season stop watching and then make up your own ending.

#30 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -
@RockinKemosabe said:

@JEC03 said:

@Vadis said:

For me it was only the first season that's really good. But once they figure out who killed Laura Palmer, the show became a mess.

Yeah, definitely agree with that. I almost had to force myself to watch through the show after that.
#31 Posted by crusader8463 (14429 posts) -

Weeds

#32 Edited by MetalBaofu (1442 posts) -
The Lost Room.    It's technically a "mini -series," and not a season based TV show, but I thought it was really good.     I also didn't see anyone mention Falling Skies.  The first season of that just ended recently, and I enjoyed it.  One more to mention, Jekyll

Edit:  I agree with other poster's recommendations of Sherlock, Doctor Who, The Shield, etc.    I didn't mention them initially, because I was trying to list stuff that I hadn't seen mentioned yet.
#33 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -
@metalhead87 said:

The Lost Room.    It's technically a "mini -series," and not a season based TV show, but I thought it was really good.     I also didn't see anyone mention Falling Skies.  The first season of that just ended recently, and I enjoyed it.

Watched The Lost Room and liked it, really weird

Also, watched the first episode of Falling Skies and I hated it so much, thought it was terrible
#34 Posted by eroticfishcake (7792 posts) -

Quite Interesting or simply Q.I. 

It's the best panel show out there that combines humor and interesting facts in one show. Plus it's hosted by Stephen Fry.

#35 Posted by RockinKemosabe (619 posts) -

@TheSeductiveMoose: Did you watch Twin Peaks when GB was playing Deadly Premonition or had you seen it before that?

#36 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3625 posts) -
@RockinKemosabe said:

@TheSeductiveMoose: Did you watch Twin Peaks when GB was playing Deadly Premonition or had you seen it before that?

Saw it before that.
#37 Posted by NickBOTT (473 posts) -
@JEC03: Oh yeah 24 was amazing!  Season 5 has gotta be one of the greatest seasons of any TV show.  Too bad it was followed by a not so great season 6 haha.
#38 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -

To everyone saying 24, I've watched all seasons of it, Jack Bauer is a badass, one of my favorite characters, also watched 2 seasons of Prison break and most of the shows recommended in this thread, including Walking Dead and Boardwalk Empire

#39 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Firefly.

#40 Posted by MetalBaofu (1442 posts) -
@Venatio said:
@metalhead87 said:

The Lost Room.    It's technically a "mini -series," and not a season based TV show, but I thought it was really good.     I also didn't see anyone mention Falling Skies.  The first season of that just ended recently, and I enjoyed it.

Watched The Lost Room and liked it, really weird  Also, watched the first episode of Falling Skies and I hated it so much, thought it was terrible
If ya don't like it, then you don't like it and that's fine.   But, I don't think it's really fair to judge a TV show as "terrible" based off of one episode.    Plus, I have the problem of not being able to understand how anyone can think it's "terrible."  Maybe it's just semantics, I guess, but using the word "terrible" makes me think that you think it is as bad as most of the reality TV crap that is out there.

I'm gonna mention a couple more shows.     Avatar: The Last Airbender, possibly the best animated show I can think of.     And, I don't know how I forgot to mention this one in the first place, Pushing Daisies.....I am, and always will be, disappointed that it got cancelled.
#41 Posted by wh1terav3n (661 posts) -

I'm kinda addicted to USA shows. White Collar, Burn Notice, Suits...

#42 Posted by Brians (1465 posts) -

Justified is a great show, The Walking Dead is kinda dumb. So Watch Justified.

#43 Posted by FreakAche (2955 posts) -

Fringe

#44 Posted by Chadster (326 posts) -

Have you watched Louie yet? If you've watched a lot of TV and are looking for something unique and new, I very very highly recommend it. The first season is just a great, really honest dark comedy with surprising depth and heart. The second season is... something else entirely. There are episodes where I don't laugh once but it's some of the most compelling television I've ever seen (and still there are some episodes where I just can't stop laughing). Louis C.K. writes, directs, and edits every episode, and the personal care given to everything really shines through. I don't know if it's a comedy or a drama any more, but whatever it is it's fucking amazing.

#45 Posted by iizcallum (606 posts) -

Spaced.

#46 Edited by MetalBaofu (1442 posts) -
@wh1terav3n said:

I agree with Burn Notice.  I never really started watching White Collar or Suits, so I can't really comment on them.

@Briguile said:

Justified...another one I forgot to mention.   I really like that one, as well.   I think I agree with you on The Walking Dead.....I watched half of it, then I missed an episode and had no desire to DL it so I could finish watching it.  I probably will one day, though.

Edit:  I also agree with the mentions of Fringe and Louie.   I don't know how I forgot those....especially since I watched Louie last night.
#47 Edited by Venatio (4493 posts) -
@metalhead87 said:

@wh1terav3n said:

I agree with Burn Notice.  I never really started watching White Collar or Suits, so I can't really comment on them.

@Briguile said:

Justified...another one I forgot to mention.   I really like that one, as well.   I think I agree with you on The Walking Dead.....I watched half of it, then I missed an episode and had no desire to DL it so I could finish watching it.  I probably will one day, though.
I'm watching Burn Notice, Psych, Justified and TWD, all great shows

Oh and I just finished season 3 of Fringe
#48 Posted by Jocund (125 posts) -
@Chadster said:
Have you watched Louie yet? If you've watched a lot of TV and are looking for something unique and new, I very very highly recommend it. The first season is just a great, really honest dark comedy with surprising depth and heart. The second season is... something else entirely. There are episodes where I don't laugh once but it's some of the most compelling television I've ever seen (and still there are some episodes where I just can't stop laughing). Louis C.K. writes, directs, and edits every episode, and the personal care given to everything really shines through. I don't know if it's a comedy or a drama any more, but whatever it is it's fucking amazing.
I second these sentiments, and would like to recommend Wilfred as well. The show takes a few episodes to really hit its stride, but once it does, the end results are fucking great. 
#49 Posted by MetalBaofu (1442 posts) -
@Venatio said:
@metalhead87 said:
I'm watching Burn Notice, Psych, Justified and TWD, all great shows   Oh and I just finished season 3 of Fringe
Nice....good to know we agree on some shows, at least.    I don't think I can think of anything else to mention.    I think you have seen everything.
#50 Posted by Jimbo (10000 posts) -

The Wire, The Shield, Rome. The Inbetweeners for lulz.

The World at War is the greatest tv series ever made, if you're at all interested in documentaries.