#1 Posted by HisDudeness (254 posts) -

After the demise of Screened as I loved it, I found myself completely lost in the field of film blogs or websites. If you know some good ones, illuminate me please.

#2 Posted by Little_Socrates (5711 posts) -

I would recommend Spill.com, but don't send them gifts. Ever.

#3 Posted by GnomeonFire (778 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

I would recommend Spill.com, but don't send them gifts. Ever.

#4 Edited by DarthOrange (3890 posts) -

The IGN movies team is awesome, and their podcast is fantastic. 

#5 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3084 posts) -

Empire

#6 Posted by EarlessShrimp (1681 posts) -
#7 Posted by BoG (5192 posts) -
#8 Posted by envane (1164 posts) -
#9 Posted by Bane122 (810 posts) -

http://www.darkhorizons.com/

Been going there since '97 or so. It's more of a news site, though, they don't really do articles and videos like Screened used to.

I actually really miss Screened for that stuff.

#10 Posted by uniform (1838 posts) -
#11 Posted by csl316 (9414 posts) -
@DarthOrange
The IGN movies team is awesome, and their podcast is fantastic. 
Yep, been my go to site before Screened. Now it's my only movie site, really.
#12 Posted by SupremeConstant (20 posts) -

FilmJunk.com along with the weekly podcast on itunes(also can listen right on the site)

#13 Posted by McGrittles (92 posts) -
#14 Posted by johncallahan (620 posts) -

I was about to make a topic asking this very thing. Thanks for beating me to the punch. I've always liked Badass Digest, always avoided IGN because of the bad rap they get on the games end of things. May check them out now.

Still nothing will ever replace Rorie and Alex. God I miss Screened.

#15 Posted by gamefreak9 (2417 posts) -

Um depends what you want it for. I generally use IMDB for an approximate gauge. After watching the top 250 it just keeps recommending films, not sure how their algorithm works but its generally right on.

#16 Posted by jakob187 (21755 posts) -

Every time people talk about how shitty the new Screened is, it just makes me REALLY fucking miss Alex and Rorie over there. That place was fun, the video content was great and interesting, and the podcasts were good and inconsistently released.

#17 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

http://www.movieboozer.com

I write for this one, but that's not the reason you should go. They have a very unique ratings system that uses beers instead of stars, with more beers meaning a worse movie. Not a lot of blogging or editorials, but it's a fun one to visit regardless.

#18 Edited by wrecks (2318 posts) -
#19 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -
#20 Posted by LastNinja (281 posts) -
#21 Posted by dalin88 (24 posts) -

@DrPockets000: is free?

#22 Posted by Geralt (333 posts) -

I tried spill.com and there's a little too much jive talking in their podcast for my taste.

Rorie himself recommended David Poland on Movie City News blog. No podcast though.

Also tried "Doug love Movies" podcast and it was a game show with celebrities or some kind.

It's tough out there, man. I feel you.

#23 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4798 posts) -

Spill.com

#24 Posted by DelroyLindo (387 posts) -

worstpreviews.com is worth going to just to read the comments section. The whole community (especially around 5 regulars) are just complete cunts in every respect.

#25 Posted by DrPockets000 (2859 posts) -

@dalin88: uh...yeah?