#1 Posted by Henrikhoe (198 posts) -

So i just finished 3 years and got my bachelordegree in engineering, petrolium technology in Norway.

Now i want to take my masters degree in USA, cause i always wanted to go there. Anyone, can recommend some schools that they know off.

#2 Posted by lazyturtle (1227 posts) -

Texas A&M

#3 Posted by Henrikhoe (198 posts) -

Thanks, any more?

In retrospect, maybe this is the right place to ask something like this

#4 Posted by Surkov (989 posts) -

Stanford, University of Texas at Austin, or Texas A&M.   
As a Californian, I'm partially to Stanford. Stanford is near the bay and is great school. That said, I would think Texas knows a thing or two about oil. The only problem with going to Texas school is you have to live in Texas.  

#5 Edited by Marz (5610 posts) -
Stanford.

they actually have a masters program for petroleum engineering.
#6 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

Generally, Cornell University, Duke University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign, Carnegie Mellon University, California Institute of Technology.

#7 Posted by dagas (2711 posts) -

It's fun to study abroad. I live in Sweden and studied in Canada for a bit, but as I understand it Norway is among the best in the world at offshore drilling since it's such a huge part of the economy so the best education might be back home in Norway.

#8 Edited by Blubba (527 posts) -

I don't know specifically about oil, but Georgia Tech is one of the best engineering schools in the country. And it's a public school.

#9 Posted by Twitchey (865 posts) -

Weird thing, but today my Ap Chemistry teacher said all engineers are crazy. As for schools, I have little interest in engineering so I can't help you.

#10 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

DO NOT GO TO TEXAS. That's all I will say. Stanford is a great option. It's about the only one I know of, not being an engineering buff myself, and only know that would be a good choice because of a friend with similar interests.

#11 Posted by neoepoch (1290 posts) -

MIT. I'm a ChemE undergrad alum, and I enjoyed my time there. Also, ignore Mordean, Texas A&M is a fine school. So is Georgia Tech, Stanford, Caltech, University of Minnesota, University of Wisconsin. I could list more, but...I like MIT.

#12 Posted by Blubba (527 posts) -

I guess I should also mention the school I attend. Again, I have no idea whether it dabbles into your particular branch of engineering, but you seem like somebody who is taking this seriously and wants to explore all of his options.

I go to the University of Central Florida located in Orlando, Florida. It's a great engineering school (though that's not what I'm doing here) and the location offers a lot. Many of the kids here get internships with places like Disney and Universal and actually got to build one of the roller coasters in Disney World. That's a pretty impressive thing to put on a resume and Orlando has lots of other internship opportunities available. Again, I'm not sure how it pertains to your field, but you should really look into it.