• 57 results
Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

So i finally got done recording our single in my new band Furthest From Faith.

This is only demo version as it isnt fully mastered yet but im proud of it.

I am the vocalist.

It is Metal so if you dont like Metal you probably wont like it.

But for those that do like metal what do you think?

My personal favorite part starts at about 4 minutes in. I put a lot of emotion into that last minute and a half. (I know some people dont think screaming metal can have emotion but damnit, i did!)

#1 Edited by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

So i finally got done recording our single in my new band Furthest From Faith.

This is only demo version as it isnt fully mastered yet but im proud of it.

I am the vocalist.

It is Metal so if you dont like Metal you probably wont like it.

But for those that do like metal what do you think?

My personal favorite part starts at about 4 minutes in. I put a lot of emotion into that last minute and a half. (I know some people dont think screaming metal can have emotion but damnit, i did!)

#2 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

I personally dislike these kind of vocals so no comment on those, but the music is solid enough. 

Keep at it, follow your passion!

#3 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

well thanks. I am the vocalist so i guess ill take it as you not liking what i did. But i appreciate your opinion.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@tunaburn: I really really can't stand these kind of vocals, which has nothing to do with your performance, but I'm against them so I cannot give you an objective opinion about them. I also have nothing but bad experiences to compare with so that ain't fair either. I liked reading about your passion however, that alone does it for me.
#5 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@TaliciaDragonsong: i understand. I would feel the same if someone posted something like fallout boy or something. I like loud vocals and fast drums hahaha. But i do like creativity in the music and not just one rhythm the whole way through.

#6 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -
@tunaburn: Tastes differ! To each his own! But that doesn't mean we can't adore passion and preferences! Keep on believing!
#7 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@tunaburn: Your screaming is pretty good.

Your bassist needs work.

Not a bad track overall though. I like the overall tone, nice and heavy. Not a fan of the guitar riffs but the drums are superb.

#8 Edited by xyzygy (9867 posts) -

I can't get into this type of music, but I knew that if I could I would love this. I can tell you all have a lot of talent. Very impressive!

@Canteu said:

Your bassist needs work.

I actually can't hear the bass at all. I play bass and I guess I'm used to more bass-focused music because I literally cannot hear any bass. Maybe it's just this type of music that I'm not used to.

#9 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@Canteu: the bassist is actually a guitar player. He loves the bass though and is a very good writer. He just loves slapping that shit around and since its all about having fun of course hes in. Hes pretty good at what he does but it doesnt show in this track. Were normally a lot weirder. But we wanted our first single to be our most straightforward song. Not one of the strange ones.

#10 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@xyzygy: thank you very much. means a lot.

i was in a band for a long time. But i gave it up to do the cage fighting career thing. But now that i am unable to do that anymore "injuries" i decided to go back to music.

#11 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@tunaburn: Makes sense. I spose in super heavy metal nobody can hear him anyway, so fuck it right?

I enjoyed it anyway. Looking forward to your stuff that isn't written for people who "expect" default metal..

edit: not sure if you thought i meant to replace him :p not what i meant if you did. He's still way fucking better than i am.

#12 Edited by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@Canteu: the next song were recording is called "CruciFried chicken"

its half country, half speed metal. its awesome

#13 Edited by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@tunaburn: but by that virtue it will only be 50% awesome. Country never makes anything better. I think it's part of music theory.

edit: not sure why, but my favourite part is the bridge. It's too much fun.

edit 2: You at 4:32. Superb.

#14 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

Drums sound a little off in some parts. The voice work was... okay? I could feel the passion but some of the time you seemed a little try hard.

A solid beginner's first though.

#15 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@panvixyl: If you consider this beginner work, your standards are ridiculous.

#16 Edited by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@Canteu: thank you man! the country isnt really country. its like 2 parts that are 15 seconds each that have a country guitar behind metal music. hahah

@panvixyl: beginner work? ive been in bands for 10 years. it is the first song we wrote as a band so i guess its the beginning of this bands work. i dunno i guess you just didnt like it. which is fine!

#17 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4673 posts) -

Not my type of music so i'm not one to give a constructive response but I listened up to the point when your vocals started. Seemed fine. Sounds like that kind of music.

#18 Edited by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan: should listen at minute 4. it changes a little. some acoustic work.

even if you dont like the vocals still at least the music gets pretty there. haha

#19 Posted by panvixyl (325 posts) -

@Canteu: @tunaburn: ugh i didn't mean it like THAT. I meant it as "the beginning of your career together". Better?

#20 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@panvixyl: Grammar is important.

#21 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@panvixyl: hey man its fine either way. opinions are just that. but im glad you think its a good start for this new band.

#22 Posted by 49th (2667 posts) -

When you are writing the lyrics for these songs... do you write, "AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFFFUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKK, IIIIIIIIIII HHHHHHHAAAAAATTTTTTTEEE VVVVEEEEEGGGGEETTTTTTTAAAABBBLLLLLEEEESSS!!!!!!", or just like, "Ahhh! Fuck, I hate vegetables", because I feel that would lose some impact and not really reflect the delivery style. Just curious.

Anyway I thought the song was well produced. Not a fan of the overly shouty vocals but that's just a personal preference. Also, seems quite similar to other metal I have heard, if you asked me to determine if this was a professional metal band song or not I wouldn't be able to which may or may not be a good thing but you mentioned above that you are trying to differentiate your band by going weird with country music which is something I'd rather like to hear.

#23 Posted by Phatmac (5720 posts) -

Not bad. :)

#24 Posted by StarvingGamer (7906 posts) -

Sounds like metal. What I mean to say is, it sounds like I expect metal to sound and not like someone trying to sound like metal which means your band succeeds at being metal. If I were a person who enjoyed the listening of metal I imagine I would enjoy listening to this.

#25 Edited by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@49th: the lyrics actually are :

the sun is burning out

and everything is ending

whats the point of still breathing

when pain equals living

there is no excuse for this

there is no good reasoning

its time to exterminate

the will of these machines

you are the one and only

the darkness deep inside

is what keeps me from fading

there is no better view

than this blank slate im seeing

you know as well as i

that it can be appealing

there is no shame in waiting

til we start disappearing

you are the one and only

dont hold your breath its never gonna change

one more

one more fuck

its all i want

i love the

notion that

this is all

fictional

falling fall for everything

this is the noise i breathe

falling fall for everything

this must be what you dream

fall--------------falling

breaking down most everything

fall------------- falling

breaking down most everything

were breaking down most everything

fuck its time to fall

fuck its time to fall

fuck its time to fall

fuck its time to fall

*scream*

i will not, forget this, thought process, wasted space, can not change, screaming out, for-more

seperate, everything, from what you, thought you mean, and realize, its all been, a-dream

cut the sky

let it cry down

all those tears

wash everything away

and i will post the crucifried chicken song once we record it. hopefully soon. most our songs are different from this. this is the most straightforward metal we have. we didnt want to scare anyone off with anything awkward up front.

#26 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

Sounds like metal. What I mean to say is, it sounds like I expect metal to sound and not like someone trying to sound like metal which means your band succeeds at being metal. If I were a person who enjoyed the listening of metal I imagine I would enjoy listening to this.

this quote is going on our cd

#27 Posted by Slag (3897 posts) -

@StarvingGamer said:

that about says it

#28 Posted by ShockD (2393 posts) -

Is this brutal death metal? Grindcore? Gore grind?

#29 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4603 posts) -

Reminds me a bit of Behemoth, so I approve.

#30 Posted by bibamatt (1086 posts) -

Good skills, duder. Vocals are sweeeet. Some incredible drumming, too! And... sweet alien.

#31 Posted by GunstarRed (4992 posts) -

I read through the lyrics like six times and I still haven't got a clue what the song is about, other than "ARGHHH EVERYTHING SUCKS!" I also like how you point out when you scream in the song.

#32 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

I like it. I usually don't like those kinds of songs, and i usually get tired of songs with more than 4 minutes, but this one was pretty good. I really like the last two minutes, and... Keep it up. And please post your Chicken song in here too. I'm curious.

#33 Edited by notdavid (815 posts) -

This is some metal-ass metal. I haven't really been into metal since high school, but it sounds like the stuff I would've been into at age 16. The vocals are fucked up. In a good way. Congrats on those.

#34 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@notdavid: thank you

@MikeGosot: thank you as well. i will post it once its recorded.

@GunstarRed: i put that in because my guitarist wanted the lyrics so when we play he could sing along and he wanted to know when the big scream was coming. haha. also its about the fact that everyone is dying slowly and noone acts like it. also one part says i just wanna get laid again before i die. :)

@bibamatt: sweet alien? i think thats good!

@ShockD said:

Is this brutal death metal? Grindcore? Gore grind?

i just call it metal. no idea really the subtle differences.

@GunslingerPanda said:

Reminds me a bit of Behemoth, so I approve.

youll probably be mad, but ive never listened to behemoth. my bass player likes them though. we were talking about bands we liked yesterday while waiting for our turn to record. he mentioned them. my favorite is devin townsend.

#35 Posted by Imsorrymsjackson (855 posts) -

It's alright, drums aren't very good to be honest, I don't like screaming but it sounds alright, 5/10.

#36 Edited by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@Imsorrymsjackson said:

It's alright, drums aren't very good to be honest, I don't like screaming but it sounds alright, 5/10.

well you dont like screaming so thats fine. but youre wrong about the drummer. he is very good. in fact he was asked to drum for the band that opened for slayer here in phoenix last year. he drums on cd's for fairly large metal bands and is considered one of the top drummers in arizona. Now if you dont like the drumming on this song that i can take as opinion but saying hes a bad drummer i have to believe you dont know much about drumming.

#37 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Metal is not my thing but you guys seem to do a good job at being a metal band. Im just curious can you sing? You seem to have the lungs for it anyways.

#38 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@laserbolts: some say i can sing. ive done some other types stuff but to be honest i get bored. i like intensity and nothing is as intense as metal. thanks for listening by the way.

#39 Posted by kidman (465 posts) -

It's pretty good, even though I prefer a slightly different kind of metal (Lamb of God etc.)

Vocals are good, but I'm not a fan of how the snare drums sounds. You must have hell of a throat to yell like that. Props.

#40 Posted by Jams (2959 posts) -
#41 Edited by UlquioKani (1017 posts) -

I thought this was pretty good, it changed quite a bit throughout and managed to not bore me like some other metal can. I liked whatever was being played at around 1.42.

Can we see the lyrics?

Also, are your vocals distorted or is that natural?

Edit: I see you posted the lyrics, Didn't see

#42 Posted by rentfn (1275 posts) -

I think you should smile more. Other than that pretty pretty pretty good.

#43 Posted by Jrinswand (1695 posts) -
@tunaburn: As a fan of "extreme" metal: Overall, this track isn't bad at all. It's just not very inspired. Or, rather, it is inspired, but it is inspired by bands who themselves aren't very interesting.

The drum mix is definitely too loud, especially the cymbals and rides. The ride actually overpowers other parts of the song at points.
#44 Edited by Fattony12000 (6950 posts) -
one more, one more fuck, its all i want, i love the, notion that, this is all, fictional
#45 Posted by tunaburn (1879 posts) -

@UlquioKani: thats natural vocals. we did add a very slight reverb onto it at parts though.

@Jrinswand: the mastering is still being done. trying to get all the guitars to stand out over the drums more. and adjust vocal volume at parts.

@Fattony12000: not sure what to think there....

#46 Posted by jozzy (2041 posts) -

I was headbanging to this, so mission achieved!

#47 Posted by FiestaUnicorn (1577 posts) -

I heard, "You know as well as I did you can really be a Buick". Not a fan of the genre but it seems good for people who are into it.

#48 Posted by ttocs (761 posts) -

When did this become metal? Black Sabbath, Slayer, etc. That is metal. This is just someone trying to sound like a movie demon over some pretty good riffs. I guess the metal world moved on without me. It sounds like other songs in that genre I guess, but I want me old metal back.

And you kids get off my damn lawn while you're at it!

#49 Edited by Djnuttty (138 posts) -

Very awesome, some of the vocal parts remind me of Cattle Decapitation, it feels very much like melodic grinddeath which I love so I approve! Great vocals and a nice track!

It got amazing towards the end, I really love the vocals.

@ttocs: That kind of metal is still around, Black Sabbath and Slayer are releasing new albums this year. And this kind of music emerged in a similar time to when Slayer started to get big so I don't know what to say in terms of metal moving on, it has almost always been there.

On a side not, I would like to point out that people who don't listen to metal typically think all genres of metal sound the same and find it hard to differentiate between the different styles.

#50 Posted by mercutio123 (466 posts) -

I love metal but the quick snare double kick patterns get old really fast, I need a beat to groove to man. As for the vocals the only really shouty guy I like is Corey Taylor, because he knows how to use it. I'd say try to give it breaks so it has more impact when you do start shouting you know? Just a bit quieter for bits then really go for it? Still, clearly good musicians. Peace x