Posted by Nightriff (4866 posts) 7 months, 2 days ago

Poll: Red Baron vs. Digiorno (90 votes)

Red Baron 38%
Digiorno 60%

@rorie started the fight on twitter, now the community must decide: Red Baron Pizza or Digiorno.

For me, Red Baron Pizza is the best frozen pizza.

#1 Posted by Video_Game_King (35849 posts) -

Where's the option for "actual pizza"?

#2 Posted by JayEH (516 posts) -

I'll eat either, so I vote both.

#3 Posted by Nev (539 posts) -

Tombstone

#4 Edited by Hailinel (23698 posts) -

Red Baron ain't bad.

#5 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

Freschetta is superior to both, but if I had to choose it would be digiorno.

#6 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

Digiorno. That animal abuse makes the cheese taste sweeter.

Clicky.

#7 Edited by yoshisaur (2612 posts) -

Digiorno, hands down. Hell, just by those pics, the Red Baron's look like a hot mess compared to the Digiorno.

#8 Posted by wjb (1626 posts) -

Not to be a snob, but I get my own ingredients and make my own pizza.

#9 Posted by RonGalaxy (2847 posts) -
#10 Posted by Quid_Pro_Bono (235 posts) -

Aw man, now I want a Red Baron.

#11 Edited by JackSukeru (5898 posts) -

Can I get Banana and Mango on my Baron pizza?

#12 Posted by Turambar (6641 posts) -

I thought for a moment there was an Italian WWI ace called Digiorno that I didn't know about.

#13 Edited by ShaggE (6300 posts) -

Digiorno all day. Frozen pizza is barely pizza, but I love it, and Digiorno rules the roost.

I undercooked one once, though... it tasted weirdly great at the time, but I felt like I was going to give birth to myself for the rest of the day. And if you overcook it? Fuggeddaboudit. Still tasty, but the regrets come hard and fast. Don't listen to the box, either... the perfectly cooked Digiorno only comes with practice and a bit of luck. *nods sagely*

#14 Posted by Hunter5024 (5514 posts) -

If I want cheap shitty pizza I get Lil Caesars. If I want cheap shitty pizza and I don't want to leave the house, I eat a Totinos, because in that scenario I already hate myself, no sense in wasting the extra buck or two.

#15 Posted by Devil240Z (3251 posts) -

I hate pizza. all pizza.

#16 Posted by Flappy (2114 posts) -

What the hell is Red Baron pizza?

#17 Edited by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

I hate pizza. all pizza.

You have no soul! Begone foul demon!

#18 Edited by TyCobb (1944 posts) -

The best frozen pizza is this (I am completely serious):

If you want a super cheap and awesome pizza, it is this:

Depending on the store, the Totino's pizza is only like $1.50 to $2.00.

EDIT: God dammit! I am fucking hungry now and drunk, but have nothing in the house to eat. Fuck you! D:

#19 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1350 posts) -

Freschetta really is the best frozen pizza, the cheese always tastes off on Digiorno and most ofther brands...and the crust is pretty good. Good all round frozen pizza.

Also Totinos are the best when they get nice and crispy and you are inebriated.

#20 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2115 posts) -

Digiornos new Pizzeria! brand is really good. Better than anything short of going to an actual pizza place to get a freshly made pie.

#21 Edited by GalacticPunt (1016 posts) -

Digiorno or Freschetta are both fine frozen pizzas. I stock up on whichever one is on sale.

All other frozen pizza are gutter trash and beneath my contempt. *adjusts monocle*

#22 Posted by ILikePopCans (745 posts) -

God all these food forums tonight! I will eat any frozen pizza but I have more experience with Red Baron, so them.

#23 Posted by alwaysbebombing (1525 posts) -

Anyone who eats Digiorno is unrefined, swine.

#24 Posted by Animasta (14643 posts) -

@tycobb: are you kidding? Totino's is trash. Tony's is the better cheaper alternative (and where are you shopping? Totino's is like a dollar and Tony's is 2)

#25 Posted by Slag (3923 posts) -

@animasta said:

@tycobb: are you kidding? Totino's is trash. Tony's is the better cheaper alternative (and where are you shopping? Totino's is like a dollar and Tony's is 2)

this. 2 dollar pizza is the best pizza.

#26 Posted by MonetaryDread (1987 posts) -

It takes a half hour to make pizza from scratch till it is in the oven. Why would anyone pay a 500% markup on the cost of a pizza that is so inferior to the real thing?

#27 Posted by joshwent (2056 posts) -

Where's the option for "actual pizza"?

Yup. Maybe I'm spoiled by living on the east coast, but neither of those food products are pizza.

Not that they're horrible either. I've been known to dig in to a Digiorno in my time and thoroughly enjoy it, but it just tastes completely different than actual pizza. It's its own lovey doughy mess.

Also, completely on topic, this guy always reminded me of Jeff...

Roller Coaster Dollar!!!

#28 Posted by villainy (533 posts) -
#29 Posted by AndrewB (7453 posts) -

Dough + sauce + cheese + whatever the hell you want. Making a pizza that isn't ass is effortless.

#30 Edited by CrazyBagMan (834 posts) -

@monetarydread: because when the difference is $4 vs 25 minutes, I'd rather spend $4 more dollars. Though, if I'm getting a pizza, it's papa murpheys.

#31 Edited by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

As far as frozen pizzas go, I'm good as long as its of the "supreme/deluxe" variety.

I voted Red Baron though because it's so damn cost effective.

#32 Posted by Vuud (1943 posts) -

The frozen pizza hole is a dark and smelly hole to go down. I think they are all equally terrible. I'd take the shittiest takeout pizza over any frozen pizza.

#33 Posted by tsutohiro (364 posts) -

@vuud said:

The frozen pizza hole is a dark and smelly hole to go down. I think they are all equally terrible. I'd take the shittiest takeout pizza over any frozen pizza.

The upside to frozen pizza is that its on demand and able to be "doctored", buy some shredded mozzarella for extra-cheese, or whatever additional toppings you like, etc., and you have a masterpizza whenever you want it.

#34 Posted by WesleyWyndam (134 posts) -

Digiorno garlic crust for me.

#35 Posted by ThunderSlash (1514 posts) -

Out of those 2 I prefer Red Baron. Digiorno's has this weird aftertaste that I don't particularly like. Costco Take And Bake is the best out of any frozen pizza though.

#36 Posted by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

So many fake pizza snobs in here that probably actually eat frozen pizza all the time. Do ya'll go into threads asking what your favorite JRPG is and say "Skyrim cause I play RPGs that are decent lololol"

Anyways, I eat frozen pizza a LOT, and I have to say Red Baron is probably one of the worst. Digorno is one of the best (especially the cheese stuffed crust and the Pizza + Wingz, as well as the Pizzeria or whatever they introduced).

#37 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (527 posts) -

Red Baron all the way. Digiorno has always tasted too doughy to me, even when cooked to the point of burning.

#38 Edited by Casey25 (138 posts) -

@manhattan_project said:

Digiornos new Pizzeria! brand is really good. Better than anything short of going to an actual pizza place to get a freshly made pie.

Of the two listed brands, i choose this one, although the strange smell of the pizzeria brand can get old if you have it too often.

Still, I think Freschetta is the best of the classic pepperoni (back when they had sauce stuffed crust that was amazing), followed by CPK for its bbq chicken.

And while pizza rolls and bagel bites are in their own class i choose them over standard frozen pizza because I live da OG neckbeard lifestyle and wont bother with triangular pizza varieties when i can grab and gobble bite-sized greaseballs in between games with ease.

That's my professional lazy unemployed college dude opinion.

#39 Edited by 49th (2670 posts) -

Sainsbury's Taste The Difference

Get on my level.

#40 Edited by notdavid (815 posts) -

This is my favorite. Cheep as fuck, and super delicious. Unfortunately it's a Walmart brand, and the only Walmart near me seems to have stopped carrying it.

#41 Edited by ShadowConqueror (3048 posts) -

I've only had Diogiorno a few times because it's more expensive, so I guess Red Baron.

#42 Edited by MAN_FLANNEL (2462 posts) -

The italian digiorno pizzas are fucking delicious. They have extra herbs, better toppings, and olive oil on the crust. It doesn't even taste like a regular digiorno pizza.

#43 Posted by SMTDante89 (2541 posts) -

For those that are saying Freschetta, you're all my favorite people.

#44 Posted by Demoskinos (14524 posts) -

I find red baron to be a serviceable gentleman.

#45 Edited by Hosstile17 (763 posts) -

I avoid Digiorno. The pizza part is awesome. But, their crust is way too dry. So, Red Baron.

#46 Edited by StrainedEyes (1320 posts) -

Neither. After extensive testing, Freschetta is the best brand of frozen pizza.

#47 Posted by chiablo (893 posts) -

Red Baron thin crust or fire baked.

Digiorno takes too long to cook, and the "rising crust" always feels kinda doughy.