Red Bull Cola - Review

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

Edited By artofwar420

Today I went by a 7-11, actually it's been a long time since I've been in one of those. Well, to my surprise I saw what looked like the new Red Bull Cola, excited I rushed and grabbed one, as if the government would take it off the shelves or something (it has happened in other countries and in some states). 

The can (and some dude's hand)

Why is it banned in some places? One of its ingredients is the coca leaf... no you won't get wasted by drinking this, you'll need to drink 12,000 liters or 3,271 gallons of this stuff to achieve that. The traces of cocaine are very very very tiny.

The ingredients
The ingredients

Now, I'm not a drink connoisseur, but let me relate to you guys my experience. 

How's the taste? Well, being touted as the "natural" cola, it really tastes like that. A very slightly more bitter cola, none of the "stickiness" in the back of your throat from the high fructose corn syrup used in Coca Cola, it's very smooth and it does have a small hint of lemon, but not like in the lemon versions of Pepsi and Coke. You can't really single out the rest of the ingredients, but the stuff is damn tasty, the mix of these ingredients really pays off. 

Now, it is a Red Bull drank, so... where's the energy? Apparently it has more caffeine than a regular cola, but less than the regular Red Bull. About 30 minutes after initial consumption I felt a buzz, some of it reminiscent of the effects of caffeine, but then I started to feel relaxed, nothing crazy, but noticeable. That lasted for less than an hour, then the energy started to kick in. It's been about 5 hours since the drinking it, and I am feeling even more energized, not like the bunny, but pretty close. It's hard to tell if this is coming from the coca or the caffeine, I would say it's a mix between a VERY light sedative and drinking a big cup of coffee. 

I give it:

5 out of 5
5 out of 5

For taste, energy, ingredients and for using the coca leaf (provided by Mysterious Fox of course).
artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By artofwar420

Today I went by a 7-11, actually it's been a long time since I've been in one of those. Well, to my surprise I saw what looked like the new Red Bull Cola, excited I rushed and grabbed one, as if the government would take it off the shelves or something (it has happened in other countries and in some states). 

Why is it banned in some places? One of its ingredients is the coca leaf... no you won't get wasted by drinking this, you'll need to drink 12,000 liters or 3,271 gallons of this stuff to achieve that. The traces of cocaine are very very very tiny.

The ingredients
The ingredients

Now, I'm not a drink connoisseur, but let me relate to you guys my experience. 

How's the taste? Well, being touted as the "natural" cola, it really tastes like that. A very slightly more bitter cola, none of the "stickiness" in the back of your throat from the high fructose corn syrup used in Coca Cola, it's very smooth and it does have a small hint of lemon, but not like in the lemon versions of Pepsi and Coke. You can't really single out the rest of the ingredients, but the stuff is damn tasty, the mix of these ingredients really pays off. 

Now, it is a Red Bull drank, so... where's the energy? Apparently it has more caffeine than a regular cola, but less than the regular Red Bull. About 30 minutes after initial consumption I felt a buzz, some of it reminiscent of the effects of caffeine, but then I started to feel relaxed, nothing crazy, but noticeable. That lasted for less than an hour, then the energy started to kick in. It's been about 5 hours since the drinking it, and I am feeling even more energized, not like the bunny, but pretty close. It's hard to tell if this is coming from the coca or the caffeine, I would say it's a mix between a VERY light sedative and drinking a big cup of coffee. 

I give it:

5 out of 5
5 out of 5

For taste, energy, ingredients and for using the coca leaf (provided by Mysterious Fox of course).
Icil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Icil

Man, really? I personally thought it was a shit on shit sandwich stuffed into a can. I hated regular Red Bull, too, though.

Glad you liked it though =)
I've been indulging on recession-inspired 1$ Lipton teas lately.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By artofwar420

I don't dislike Red Bull, but this had nothing that would remind you it's a Red Bull. It tasted great.

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Black_Raven

Sounds nice, hopefully they release it in my country so I can try it, I'm surprised its a whole new drink and not just Red Bull with coke added to it like what a lot of other energy drinks have done.

jimbo_n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#5  Edited By jimbo_n

That sounds like the ultimate drink.  Man, this country needs to get itself together and get more stuff like that over here.
I´m stuck with mixing my own Red Bull and Coke.

tineyoghurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By tineyoghurt

Man, that looks good. I guess we won't be seeing it here in Norway any soon as we just got regular Red Bull a month ago.

Gav47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Gav47

It tastes just like the cola that you get in freeze pops only its fizzy, which I kinda like but a €2 a can its a bit pricey, I prefer Rockstar juiced

kmdrkul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By kmdrkul

So.... its like Jolt Cola?

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By grilledcheez

I had a can the other day myself and I must say I really enjoyed it.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By crunchUK
@Icil said:
" Man, really? I personally thought it was a shit on shit sandwich stuffed into a can. I hated regular Red Bull, too, though.Glad you liked it though =)I've been indulging on recession-inspired 1$ Lipton teas lately. "
lipton iced tea is teh wins
Vanek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Vanek

I tried it the other day and hated it.  I like normal Red Bull and I only bought the cola version because they were out of normal Red Bull.  

Never ever ever ever again.
TwoOneFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By TwoOneFive

mmm sounds great. 

RandomHero666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By RandomHero666

I tried it once, didn't like it, i thought it didn't taste like coke or red bull, more like.. slightly sugary water.

Never the less, i shall try it again tomorrow after learning it has coca in it
rjimmy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By rjimmy1989

i tried that kind once but i prefer the regular red bull

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By artofwar420

I think it tastes better than Jolt cola, besides it's using regular sugar not high fructose corn syrup.

Avatar image for stephen_von_cloud
Stephen_Von_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

I'll keep a look out for it. Thanks man.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By lordofultima

I'd personally rather drink the Cocaine energy drink if I'm looking for a cocaine simulation. Red Bull Cola is just crap all around, much like Red Bull. Sugar is not as good as corn syrup, as Pepsi / Mountain Dew Throwback can attest to.

Expletive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By Expletive

heard it sucked, might try it now

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By artofwar420

Well, doesn't the Cocaine drink taste like donkey balls? At least that's what I remember from the Bombcast that one time the guys tried it.

RetroIce4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By RetroIce4

Red Bull Cola is my favorite drink of all time next to Pepsi Blue. I used to drink it for Breakfast... bad idea. I really had to cut back because of chest pains, but it is still pretty awesome though.

artofwar420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By artofwar420

Has the Giantbomb crew ever tried the Red Bull Cola? If not they should give it a shot.