• 69 results
#1 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

#2 Edited by FluxWaveZ (19371 posts) -

Obviously based on The Matrix, if you knew about the "real world" as depicted in the movie for the barren, destroyed, dangerous wasteland that it really is—before taking one of the pills—compared to the simulated world by the machines that is basically the relatively peaceful but deceiving and pre-determined world we live in now, would you go for the red pill or the blue pill?

My memory of the movies is a bit fuzzy, but I think I'd go for the blue pill. I don't care that I'm being used as an energy resource for machines; it beats living in a post-apocalyptic world where robotic entities are out to hunt you. Knowing reality for what it really is isn't all that important to me.

#3 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

Red is dead, so blue.

#4 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3066 posts) -

Red, because I wouldn't be able to continue living in ignorance if I already knew there was something more to life.

#5 Posted by SomeDeliCook (2341 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

Red, because I wouldn't be able to continue living in ignorance if I already knew there was something more to life.

If you take the blue pill it makes you forget theres "more to life"

It doesn't just send you back in your life and make you pretend you didn't see any of the "truth"

#6 Posted by Hailinel (25179 posts) -

I'd mash them together, swallow the purple pill, and crash the Matrix.

#7 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8699 posts) -

My instinct says blue, I could use some bliss.
But I'd take red. 

A real purpose, one worth fighting for, is worth more to me than what the real world seems to offer.

#8 Edited by Subjugation (4725 posts) -

Blue, because the simulated life (that is interpreted by your mind to be just as real as the legitimate thing) is so much better. Live in post-apocalyptic sewers would be miserable. Also, I would get tired of eating tasty wheat.

Edit: Scene for reference:

#9 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

I would take the Blue Pill, just so their wouldn't be a sequel.

#10 Edited by MooseyMcMan (11303 posts) -

But if you knew the reality of the world, could you really keep on living in the Matrix without it driving you mad? COULD YOU!?

#11 Posted by DeanoXD (608 posts) -

Answered red but since i likely to push things to far i would take both and see if i get a harsh ignorant reality :)

#12 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -
@MooseyMcMan said:

But if you knew the reality of the world, could you really keep on living in the Matrix without it driving you mad? COULD YOU!?

The blue pill makes you forget that you live in the Matrix. Also, my answer is: The Red Pill, easily. The truth is one of the most important things for me, to the point where i would sacrifice happiness, if it meant i would be ignorant forever.
#13 Posted by Landon (4152 posts) -

Red Pill. I want to know 18 different kinds of karate.

#14 Posted by Skyfire543 (713 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

This

#15 Posted by believer258 (11997 posts) -

I don't know. This is the difference between doing the right thing and being miserable or doing the wrong thing and being happy without the danger of guilt weighing you down.

But then this really raises the question of whether the right thing really is right or not? Is it really so bad for all of humanity to live itself out in the Matrix instead of struggling to live in a wasteland, where disease, crime, and short lives are bound to run rampant? Certainly the truth of where we truly live would be known, but the real question here should be is that truth worth it?

#16 Posted by Grillbar (1872 posts) -

wow when i voted it was 50/50

#17 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3066 posts) -

@SomeDeliCook: Even so, I would take the red pill. Although I wouldn't remember it, the act of condemning myself to ignorance just isn't something I would do.

#18 Posted by NegativeCero (3012 posts) -

I would take blue. Living in constant misery seems like it would quickly overcome my initial feeling of pride in taking the "right" answer of knowing the truth. Besides I probably wouldn't be wearing sunglasses and fighting crazy duplicate robot things even if I'd have chosen red.

#19 Posted by Liquidus (946 posts) -

Red Pill. Because I keep it real.

#20 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

Took both pills, when a bloke in a trench coat

And the locs in the chair had approached him here

#21 Posted by DonutFever (3554 posts) -

Red.

#22 Posted by Strife777 (1605 posts) -

@Landon said:

Red Pill. I want to know 18 different kinds of karate.

This man has the right answer. Fuck learning, just transfer all that info into my cranium.

#23 Posted by 49th (2785 posts) -

Blue so I don't get murdered by robot guys.

#24 Posted by Fawkes (249 posts) -

If I take the red pill do I have to live in shitty cave party zion? Can I still go into the matrix or make my own training program and spend all my time in that so I don't have to smell future hippies all day?

#25 Posted by BombcastGoldthwait (250 posts) -

@Hailinel said:

I'd mash them together, swallow the purple pill, and crash the Matrix.

Ladies & gentlemen, the winner of the Matrix.

#26 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Blue. I like the color blue.

#27 Posted by Hunter5024 (5819 posts) -

I chose blue pill, but if I actually thought there was a good chance of me being "The One" and being capable of making a difference I would probably choose red. Otherwise it just comes down to what makes you happier.

#28 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

both, but you cant vote for both.

i would take the red one because I believe that ignorance is ruining this world...

#29 Posted by Gringus (66 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

Exactly!

#30 Posted by NTM (7485 posts) -

Red.

#31 Posted by hidys (1029 posts) -

Why not both?

#32 Posted by RPGee (759 posts) -

Now I'll admit to not having seen either of the sequels, which I don't think is too bad of a thing, but if I really can know all of the consequences ahead of time, and if what I have read about the sequel plots is true, which is:

The computers already knew that such a thing would happen, and programmed the Matrix in such a way that people could get out, a particular One would rise, fight and fall and it would all eventually settle into a cycle which humanity was unable to escape from, with people coming out and creating Zion while unplugging others but ultimately are unable to win the fight.

Then I will take the blue pill. Fuck that future.

Having said that, if it's only the events of the first Matrix I know about, then sure, I'll take the red pill, but I'll be one of the techies on the outside, none of that 'seeing the world as false' crap. I'll take a shitty real world which could get better that a good world I know is fake and is about as good as it'll ever be.

#33 Posted by TooWalrus (13237 posts) -

Can I take the red pill, then receive a bribe from agent Smith, and be placed in whatever reality I want? I choose that.

#34 Posted by Delta_Ass (3282 posts) -

The first duty of every Starfleet officer is to the truth! Whether it's scientific truth, or historical truth, or personal truth! It is the guiding principle on which Starfleet is based. And if you can't find it within yourself to stand up and tell the truth about what happened, you don't deserve to wear that uniform.

#35 Posted by Arker101 (1474 posts) -

Red Pill. Why learn when I could just instantly know stuff?

#36 Posted by Aronman789 (2682 posts) -

Red, the truth is all that matters.

#37 Posted by Doctorchimp (4078 posts) -

Man, how cool was the Matrix before they ruined it?

#38 Posted by mrpandaman (866 posts) -

So what would happen if I took both?

There should be a green pill... if you get what I mean.

But I would probably take the red pill, because as someone else said, learn karate almost instanteously and everything else very fast.

#39 Posted by MEATBALL (3333 posts) -

Fighting with agents and shit would hurt though.

#40 Posted by Zleunamme (687 posts) -

Knowing the outcome in advance is cheating. I find the illusion of choice to be funny. Has everybody seen the videos Giant Bomb did for the Matrix Online? If you pick the blue pill, you never advance to the game.

#41 Edited by Toxeia (730 posts) -

GRIND THOSE PILLS UP AND SNORT'EM.

Edit:Been drinking. Took me 8 clicks to hit the post reply button.

#42 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

The real world of the Matrix didn't seem so bad. They had awesome lives full of adventure, and spent their free-time having giant orgies while rocking out to heavy metal in leather trench coats.

#43 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

What a bunch of cowards 
Anyways, red pill

#44 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

In the moment, I'd choose Red. Because you're gonna fucking choose Red, no one chooses to forget.

For every moment after, I'd wish I chose Blue.

#45 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1189 posts) -

Ignorance is bliss.

*Harp*

#46 Posted by Vodun (2370 posts) -

I feel we're all ignoring the fact that you're swallowing an unknown pharmaceutical given to you by a complete stranger. In reality you don't know either of the options, all you know is just what he's telling you...

That said, I'd go blue. Don't really see the negative. Robots rose up in rebellion against their opressors, they then use their opressors for sustenance but at the same time allow them to live full lives in blissful ignorance. Sounds like a pretty friendly parasite in essence. Maybe this is because I play video games, but I really have no issue with a virtual world.

#47 Posted by StarvingGamer (8379 posts) -

Red Pill.

Then I could learn Kung Fu and fun around in simulation programs.

Don't forget the Woman in the Red Dress.

#48 Posted by Meowshi (2911 posts) -

@ZeForgotten said:

What a bunch of cowards Anyways, red pill

Even if it meant abandoning everyone you've ever known in your life? Your mom, your dad, your friends, your loved ones? All you fond experiences as a child? Hell, all your experiences period. You'd just be giving up all of those relationships and memories as a lie.

#49 Edited by PenguinDust (12557 posts) -

I gotta go with the "red pill" because I don't remember Neo having all that great a life in the Matrix to begin with.

I'd be willing to trade my 9 to 5 for a chance to instantly learn anything, eat creamed corn three times a day, and romance Carrie Anne Moss circa 1999.

#50 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -
@Meowshi said:

@ZeForgotten said:

What a bunch of cowards Anyways, red pill

Even if it meant abandoning everyone you've ever known in your life? Your mom, your dad, your friends, your loved ones? All you fond experiences as a child? Hell, all your experiences period. You'd just be giving up all of those relationships and memories as a lie.

Yup, because that's what they would be: Lies.