#1 Edited by dr_nefarious (1614 posts) -

How would you feel about the remake of a new Dick Tracy movie?

#2 Posted by medacris (643 posts) -

They already remade it in the 80's with Madonna, right? I'd wait awhile to do another. It hasn't been nearly long enough yet.

I'd rather see a remake of a property that hasn't been touched in an even longer amount of time, 50 years at least, a property that had the potential to be great, but didn't live up to it the first time.

#3 Posted by falserelic (5328 posts) -

When I was a kid it was a fun movie to watch.

#4 Posted by gokaired (484 posts) -

As long as they keep saying Dick i don't mind, but doesn't Warren Beatty own the license or something? Unless he has a hand in it it won't happen.

#5 Posted by Hailinel (23901 posts) -

@gokaired said:

As long as they keep saying Dick i don't mind, but doesn't Warren Beatty own the license or something? Unless he has a hand in it it won't happen.

Yeah, he still has the license. In fact, I think he actually made a no-budget ash can Dick Tracy movie some years ago just to fulfill the contractual requirement to retain the rights, just because he could.

#6 Edited by Yummylee (21255 posts) -

Why? Are you making one?

#7 Posted by TyCobb (1945 posts) -

They would never remake Dick Tracy. Kids don't know who that is. Plus they would fuck it up and put him in the future or something due to the TV wrist-watch not really seeming special with the youth today.

#8 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

Psshh. I bet they don't even go to Mars.

(nope, still haven't beaten that joke into the cold red ground)

#9 Posted by Clonedzero (4091 posts) -

Dick Tracy is a dumb movie to remake. His name isn't that big to draw in a huge audience.

Most young kids don't know who he is, and anyone who does remember him is going to be nostalgia blind so they'll have whatever shit you do with it.

It's just dumb. A movie for no one.

#10 Posted by ProfessorK (816 posts) -

@tycobb said:

They would never remake Dick Tracy. Kids don't know who that is. Plus they would fuck it up and put him in the future or something due to the TV wrist-watch not really seeming special with the youth today.

Dick Tracy is a dumb movie to remake. His name isn't that big to draw in a huge audience.

Most young kids don't know who he is, and anyone who does remember him is going to be nostalgia blind so they'll have whatever shit you do with it.

That "no kids know who Dick Tracy is" point is moot. Not defending the movie itself but no kids know who the Lone Ranger is either. It flopped but it got made.

#11 Posted by wjb (1638 posts) -

GO SUCK AN EGG!

#12 Edited by dr_nefarious (1614 posts) -

@yummylee said:

Why? Are you making one?

I wish..Someday..

Possibly, but I believe the Dick Tracy series could be brought back and remade in a way that today's youth would enjoy it but still stay true to the originals.