Retro Gaming...from Two Years Ago

SourMillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Edited By SourMillennia

Today I dived back into some of the older back catalog, including games like Oblivion, Mass Effect and others. And I realized something very important about being a gamer.

Sometimes, it is better to go back and enjoy the games of old, rather than going out and getting every new thing that comes onto the market.

Others seem to feel the same way, look at those compilation games that are out and the brand new Game Room portal that Microsoft released. Now eventually some games simply go out of style, look at Atari's Adventure for the 2600 as an example. But games from 10 years ago, to 3 years ago still deserved to be remembered, and for some people, it will be like playing them for the first time.

SourMillennia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By SourMillennia

Today I dived back into some of the older back catalog, including games like Oblivion, Mass Effect and others. And I realized something very important about being a gamer.

Sometimes, it is better to go back and enjoy the games of old, rather than going out and getting every new thing that comes onto the market.

Others seem to feel the same way, look at those compilation games that are out and the brand new Game Room portal that Microsoft released. Now eventually some games simply go out of style, look at Atari's Adventure for the 2600 as an example. But games from 10 years ago, to 3 years ago still deserved to be remembered, and for some people, it will be like playing them for the first time.

FreakAche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By FreakAche

@SourMillennia
I agree with you. As a university student, I can't really afford to buy every game as soon as it comes out, but that doesn't really matter, since I'm constantly discovering interesting games that I missed out on when they first came out.