RIP Circuit City

JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By JCGamer

Well, I just realized that last Sunday Circuit City closed down for good.  I always thought they're stuff was a bit expensive, and I'm more of a Best Buy man my-self, but I have an odd connection with Circuit City and this generation of gaming.

By some odd coincidence, I got all 3 current generation systems there.  The Xbox 360 came out a few months prior to me getting it.  I really didn't think at the time I wanted it--it seemed a bit expensive and nothing really looked all that good.  Then I saw Ghost Recon:  Advanced Warfighter and that sold it.  I read on the internet that CC should be getting a shipment on Sunday, and I decided Saturday night that if I called and it was in, I would get the system.  Low and behold, around 10'ish, they still had some 360's and I got the last Pro bundle--and that really expensive wi-fi adapter.  

Wii--once again, really didn't want the Wii.  Then the sucker came out and was selling like hotcakes.  The gaming sites were telling me how awesome Wii sports was and how Zelda kicked total ass.  Then the Nintendo-fanboy in me kicked in and I needed a Wii.  After talking to a dude at EB, he said that a shipment of Wii's should be going out to stores this coming Sunday.  This time, I got up early (my only day off that week) and sat in line outside the CC.  It was like around 30 degress outside and I needed by ski gear, but I managed to get the Wii 2 weeks before the first Christmas it was out.

PS3--It was  almost a year after the release of the PS3 before I got the Blu-ray bug.  Wal-mart was having a black Friday deal--get the PS3, and get 10 free blu-rays in store (plus the 5 you got in the mail).  Well, after some drama, got the PS3, and by movies.  About 3 weeks later, the disk drive stopped working so I returned the thing for a swap.  Well, this should teach you to open the damn thing up at the store, because when I took it home, the side of the PS3 was smashed in.  So I took it back to Wal-mart, but they didn't have any PS3's left--so I got my money back and decided to go to--you guessed it Circuit City.

So while I'm not a big shopper of CC, for the past 3 years it's been the closest electronics store to me.  And somehow this current gen of gaming is linked to it.  Thanks.
JCGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By JCGamer

Well, I just realized that last Sunday Circuit City closed down for good.  I always thought they're stuff was a bit expensive, and I'm more of a Best Buy man my-self, but I have an odd connection with Circuit City and this generation of gaming.

By some odd coincidence, I got all 3 current generation systems there.  The Xbox 360 came out a few months prior to me getting it.  I really didn't think at the time I wanted it--it seemed a bit expensive and nothing really looked all that good.  Then I saw Ghost Recon:  Advanced Warfighter and that sold it.  I read on the internet that CC should be getting a shipment on Sunday, and I decided Saturday night that if I called and it was in, I would get the system.  Low and behold, around 10'ish, they still had some 360's and I got the last Pro bundle--and that really expensive wi-fi adapter.  

Wii--once again, really didn't want the Wii.  Then the sucker came out and was selling like hotcakes.  The gaming sites were telling me how awesome Wii sports was and how Zelda kicked total ass.  Then the Nintendo-fanboy in me kicked in and I needed a Wii.  After talking to a dude at EB, he said that a shipment of Wii's should be going out to stores this coming Sunday.  This time, I got up early (my only day off that week) and sat in line outside the CC.  It was like around 30 degress outside and I needed by ski gear, but I managed to get the Wii 2 weeks before the first Christmas it was out.

PS3--It was  almost a year after the release of the PS3 before I got the Blu-ray bug.  Wal-mart was having a black Friday deal--get the PS3, and get 10 free blu-rays in store (plus the 5 you got in the mail).  Well, after some drama, got the PS3, and by movies.  About 3 weeks later, the disk drive stopped working so I returned the thing for a swap.  Well, this should teach you to open the damn thing up at the store, because when I took it home, the side of the PS3 was smashed in.  So I took it back to Wal-mart, but they didn't have any PS3's left--so I got my money back and decided to go to--you guessed it Circuit City.

So while I'm not a big shopper of CC, for the past 3 years it's been the closest electronics store to me.  And somehow this current gen of gaming is linked to it.  Thanks.
TheGreatGuero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By TheGreatGuero

:( I was never a big customer there, but I'd always keep an eye out for their game deals. I've bought some games at really great prices there. And now it's gone.. gone.. gone.. whoaaa-ohhh-whoa :(