Roger Ebert vs. Bill O'Reilly

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Milkman

Okay, so recently, Bill O'Reilly's column was cut from Roger Ebert's Sun Times. In retailiation, on an episode of the O'Reilly Factor, O'Reilly put the entire Sun Times editorial staff in the "Hall of Shame". So, what does Roger Ebert do? He zings the shit out of O'Reilly with an open letter posted on his website. Read it here.

Here's my favorite part:

I understand you believe one of the Sun-Times misdemeanors was dropping your syndicated column. My editor informs me that "very few" readers complained about the disappearance of your column, adding, "many more complained about Nancy." I know I did. That was the famous Ernie Bushmiller comic strip in which Sluggo explained that "wow" was "mom" spelled upside-down.

OH DIP! OOOOOHHH DIP! Roger Ebert just busted out of the Sluggo to zing your ass. And apparently, made my text gray. This is actually kind of annoying. Anyway, an Ebert - O'Reilly feud would be pretty much the best thing ever.

So, TAKE YOUR PICKS!

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#2  Edited By ZombiePie

Reading this makes me realize that despite the fact that Roger Ebert has lost his ability to talk after his second fight with thyroid cancer, he can still write worth a damn, and is still good at what he does.

AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#3  Edited By AgentJ
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Arkthemaniac

Damn! O' Reilly just got thumbs-downed.

snide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By snide

I adore Roger Ebert. To the point where I think everyone around me gets upset that I bring him up so much when I talk about media in general.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#6  Edited By ZombiePie
snide said:
"I adore Roger Ebert. To the point where I think everyone around me gets upset that I bring him up so much when I talk about media in general."
Hell yeah, At the Movies with Siskel & Ebert was the shit back in the days! Me and my family would gather around the TV in hopes that the two of them would either spare or completely destroy a movie. Ebert & Roeper was cool and all but it just wasn't the same.
Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By Red

I don't care for Roger Ebert, but I absolutely loathe Bill O'Reily.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Snipzor

I read the article yesterday, and the part I remember the most is this part.

"That reminds me of the famous story about Squeaky the Chicago Mouse. It seems that Squeaky was floating on his back along the Chicago River one day. Approaching the Michigan Avenue lift bridge, he called out: Raise the bridge! I have an erection!"

That's what I call high quality writing!

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Snipzor
BODDAH said:
"Oh hey, a liberal publication cut a conservative columnist. Yeah, this is real news.

NOW WE ALL HAVE REASON TO BASH BILL O'REILLY. GET TO IT, GAMERS.
"
I'll guess you didn't read the article.
Food

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10  Edited By Food

I don't like that guy or the other guy.

CactusWolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CactusWolf
Snipzor said:
"BODDAH said:
"Oh hey, a liberal publication cut a conservative columnist. Yeah, this is real news.

"
I'll guess you didn't read the article."
Reading is for terrorists.
AgentJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

#12  Edited By AgentJ
wordsgohere said:
"Snipzor said:
"BODDAH said:

"
I'll guess you didn't read the article."
Reading is for terrorists."
LOL!
But yeah, he obviously didn't read it, or at the very least pay very close attention.
Black_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 8

#13  Edited By Black_Rose

Ebert is the fucking man. O'Reilley is about to get his ass one star'd

AgentofChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By AgentofChaos

DONT YOU GET IT! If you read that article, the terrorists win.

oraknabo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By oraknabo

Anyone remember the Ebert-Gallo feud? I actually like Vincent Gallo, but I loved when Gallo called Ebert a "fat pig with the physique of a slave trader" and Ebert's reply was "one day I will be thin, but Vincent Gallo will always be the director of The Brown Bunny."

ninjakiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ninjakiller

Bill O'reilly's median age for his audience is 71.  71!!   The main stream media gives this idiot too much credit for his rating success.  Just because grandma and grandpa are watching him doesn't  mean shit to the rest of America.

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Snipzor
oraknabo said:
"Anyone remember the Ebert-Gallo feud? I actually like Vincent Gallo, but I loved when Gallo called Ebert a "fat pig with the physique of a slave trader" and Ebert's reply was "one day I will be thin, but Vincent Gallo will always be the director of The Brown Bunny." "
Ebert was always the one with the witty retorts.
pepper_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By pepper_2000

Roger Ebert is one of the few individuals today whose opinion I really respect. Granted, it is about movies so I guess I should not take it too seriously. Still, Bill O'Riley should really not go bashing people for stupid reason like that, especially not one with such good comebacks every time someone tries to stand up to him.

ahoodedfigure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 64

#19  Edited By ahoodedfigure

Pepper, you should read the other stuff he writes.  It's definitely not just about movies.

Avatar image for everyones_a_critic
Everyones_A_Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

pepper said:
"Roger Ebert is one of the few individuals today whose opinion I really respect. Granted, it is about movies so I guess I should not take it too seriously. Still, Bill O'Riley should really not go bashing people for stupid reason like that, especially not one with such good comebacks every time someone tries to stand up to him."
Agreed. Even though he and I differ on the "Games as Art" debate, I still think Ebert is the best and greatest film critic of all time because he judges movies on what they should be judged upon: entertainment.
cdfishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cdfishman

being UK based i'm more a fan of Mark Kermode for my film discussion, but Ebert is one of the few amazing wits out there.

Long may it continue.

EDIT: Bill O, smells. period.
Hairydutchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#22  Edited By Hairydutchman

"Bill, I am concerned that you have been losing touch with reality recently. Did you really say you are more powerful than any politician?

That reminds me of the famous story about Squeaky the Chicago Mouse. It seems that Squeaky was floating on his back along the Chicago River one day. Approaching the Michigan Avenue lift bridge, he called out: Raise the bridge! I have an erection!"

Haha, awesome.

ManlyBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#23  Edited By ManlyBeast

Umm....Ok...........