#1 Edited by SunBroZak (1744 posts) -

Random, I know, but has anyone mastered the ability to roll a coin on their knuckles?

http://www.wikihow.com/Roll-a-Coin-on-Your-Knuckles

Loading Video...

I figured I'd try and learn how, as a neat trick I can do when I'm feeling fidgety. So far, not going very well.

#2 Edited by audioBusting (1731 posts) -

I learnt this in high school when I was procrastinating. It's a complete waste of time in retrospect, but it was fun then. That video sums up how to do it pretty well.

#3 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (6288 posts) -

I can't do it with a coin, but I can with a pencil. It's not as impressive, but it's still neat to do.

#4 Posted by erhard (485 posts) -

I did it for around 30 minutes every day for a few weeks and mastered it. I haven't done it in a while but the muscle memory should still be there.

#5 Edited by 49th (3044 posts) -

Man, I'm totally trying to learn this now.

I can spin a pen around my thumb and around my fingers but I haven't really tried a coin before.

#6 Edited by Rattle618 (1504 posts) -

Coins in this country are smaller than that in the video, so I can do it but not fast. Maybe I can get better with practice, you have inspired me!

#7 Posted by AURON570 (1770 posts) -

No, but I can shuffle poker chips. Lol yeah in the end it's just for fun and a time-waster.

#8 Posted by Hunter5024 (6364 posts) -

I spent a lot of time trying to master this technique, and no matter how hard I tried I could never get it down. As it turned out, the problem was that a quarter was too small for me, I switched to a dollar coin and had no trouble.

#9 Posted by Belegorm (974 posts) -

I used to try and do it with a pen in class; never seemed to work too great, I wasn't even good at spinning a pen on top of my hand.

I also tried to learn how to take notes with my left hand. I eventually got decent enough that if I wrote slowly enough it wasn't too different from a lefty's writing, however it took too long to take notes with (plus I started taking notes on a laptop).

#10 Posted by TruthTellah (9635 posts) -

I can do it with a paintbrush, but not a quarter.

#11 Edited by SunBroZak (1744 posts) -

I had it, then I lost it. Then I had it, then I lost it.

It's definitely not something you can master in a night.