Room mate keeps smoking pot in the bathroom. What should I do?

• 164 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RsistncE

The title pretty much sums it up. He was already a really disgusting and smelly person but luckily kept his filthy lifestyle isolated to his room (stink can't be contained as easily unfortunately). When I moved back in after the Summer I discovered a cigarette butt in the bathroom but I didn't want to jump to conclusions. The very next day I walked into the bathroom and it reeked of pot and febreeze. I thought he would stop now that I had moved back in but his shitty habit has only increased in frequency since the first day. He must smoke up in the bathroom at least 2-3 times a day on most days. Should I just confront him, and if so what should I say? It's bullshit that I'm forced into a situation like this just because he's an inconsiderate moron. So what should I do GB?

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By DystopiaX

smoke with him!

If you're not down it sounds like you haven't talked to him about it yet? Just politely ask him to stop and go from there IMO

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Milkman

Choke him to death. Torch the house.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RsistncE

@DystopiaX: No I don't smoke, I'm just not big on recreational use of substances (I barely even drink alcohol).

@Milkman: ...but it's my home too :(

desperado_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By desperado_

Ass.

jayjonesjunior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By jayjonesjunior

rat poison.

(i know you want to, but seriously, don't do that)

the fact that he is doing it in the bathroom shows some degree of consideration, maybe?

Dallas_Raines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Dallas_Raines

Tell him to smoke in his car or something, smoking in your home is just disgusting.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Milkman

@RsistncE: In all seriousness, tell that fucker to go smoke his pot outside or something.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By blackbird415

Maybe ask him to smoke outside. Ideally I would advise him to buy a vaporizer. The smell becomes mild to nonexistent. The smoke I could imagine would get bothersome especially the way he deals with it. Also a good vaporizer would save him so much money on weed. Does he smoke cigarettes in the bathroom too? I would advise the same thing for the cigarettes, outside or get a vaporizer, though I don't use tobacco and don't know what smells come out when its vaporized

@DystopiaX said:

smoke with him!

If you're not down it sounds like you haven't talked to him about it yet? Just politely ask him to stop and go from there IMO

This as well is good advice.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#10  Edited By Video_Game_King

Take a huge dump and clog the hell out of the toilet. Teach him that weed leads to shit smells.

McShank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By McShank

Tell him to not smoke inside. Easy as that. I had a roommate that smoked inside and i told him what i thought about it. I could care less that it was weed or cigarettes but to do it on the balcony. He said it was cool, and never smoked inside again. Hell, i even went outside sometimes with him just to talk while he smoked. I was more bothered by what the smoke does to crap inside since i have a ton of electronics and also the walls get yellow after a while if you smoke inside. And weed, well trying to get into the shipyard which needs cia clearance means I cant have any THC in my system :(

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

#12  Edited By DarthOrange

Tell Ryan Davis.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RsistncE

@jayjonesjunior: If it was his own bathroom and it was on the other side of the apartment I wouldn't care. Unfortunately I'm sharing the bathroom with him so it means I get to wander into a bathroom with reeks of pot and air fresheners along with having to deal with the stink getting into my towels and into my room. This isn't mentioning the fact that the University will evict him if they find out he's smoking and in possession of illegal drugs inside of a University residence. Ratting him out would be absolutely my last resort since that kind of atmosphere sucks, so I'm hoping talking to him will put an end to him smoking inside of the unit.

234r2we232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#14  Edited By 234r2we232

invite him to play some black ops bro

KingPossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By KingPossum

Tell him to smoke his pot outside.

In all seriousness he feels like he has to hide it from you for a reason so you should be the bigger man and talk to him about it in a rational way and see if you can find a compromise that doesn't end in a blow up.

Edit: BTW the previous suggestion about a Vaporizer is actually a valid one and worth asking about.

ArbitraryWater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 66

#16  Edited By ArbitraryWater

You could "Ryan Davis" your way to victory and NARC him out. That way you don't have to deal with him for a long time, and you get more of the domicile to yourself!

Or, if you don't want to be a douche, you could just politely ask him to keep it to himself and out of the house.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Branthog

I think I know your roommate. Is this tag xXxKushSmokerPotDawgMcWeedy420xXx?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By RsistncE

@sofacitysweetheart said:

invite him to play some black ops bro

I liked the art and threw this on as my avatar. The thing that's stopped me from changing it is the sheer number of people that assume I'm a huge CoD bro whenever they see it even though I think the multiplayer is generic as hell :S

@ArbitraryWater said:

You could "Ryan Davis" your way to victory and NARC him out. That way you don't have to deal with him for a long time, and you get more of the domicile to yourself!

Or, if you don't want to be a douche, you could just politely ask him to keep it to himself and out of the house.

I am unfamiliar with Ryan Davis acting as a NARC. Must be from one of the bombcasts I missed...Although I will say I never considered the fact that I'd get the bathroom to myself if he got "caught"...

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By bybeach

Tell him to smoke it next to Ryan.

I'm sorry, in all seriousness, is he masturbating when he does it? And why is he a smelly person, personal hygiene? that would get on my nerves, also.

Bribo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Bribo

Open more windows or call the cops.

Ravenlight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Ravenlight

Smoking ANYTHING indoors is bad news; whole room will stink for a week. Maybe find a new roommate, you said he was disgusting and smelly anyway.

PiltdownMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PiltdownMan

@RsistncE: Have you talked to him about the matter at all, if not maybe talk to him about it?

At the first post I thought you were living in an apartment and would have asked you who held the lease, but with the revelation that you're on campus I'm probably going to withdraw my suggestion that you join him occasionally. When the campus cops come knocking on the door you want some sort of deniability. Especially when your neighbors start to smell it coming through their vents (whether or not they care is another thing, your generation seems to play very fast and loose with mores). Vaporizer suggestions seem the most practical, but I doubt you'll get through with him. Let us know what happens.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By blackbird415

@RsistncE: yes it was from a bombcast where he accidentally narced on someone at a hotel by tweeting that someone was smoking pot on his floor.

I would seriously advise him investing in a vaporizer. It would help both of you out alot at least as smell and convenience is concerned. Do you talk to him alot?

Do you guys get along or barely know each other (other than the smell)?

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By RsistncE

@bybeach said:

I'm sorry, in all seriousness, is he masturbating when he does it? And why is he a smelly person, personal hygiene? that would get on my nerves, also.

I don't really pay attention to his showering habits etc. Like I know when he's in the shower of course, but I don't keep count nor am I even in my room most of the day since I'm usually pretty busy. All I know is that the guy smells really bad, like it's unlike anything I've ever encountered before. I'm on the waiting list for a bachelor suite since I don't even like having my girlfriend over because of the pot/smell situation.

@Ravenlight said:

Smoking ANYTHING indoors is bad news; whole room will stink for a week. Maybe find a new roommate, you said he was disgusting and smelly anyway.

Housing is in extremely high demand here at my university, but I am on the waiting list so as soon as I get the opportunity, I'm out.

@PiltdownMan: I'm just going to talk to him tomorrow and see what happens. I'll give him the option of the vaporizer and tell him to keep it to his room. If he get's confrontational about it or doesn't stop...well, we'll go from there. And yes, I'll post back tomorrow after I talk to him.

Afroman269

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By Afroman269

Inconsiderate stoners are the fucking worst. I have self-control. Confront the guy about it. Not many other choices other than continuing to tolerate it, which I wouldn't if I didn't like weed.

SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By SmilingPig

While he smokes, go in his room and take a dump under his pillow.

Avatar image for andrewbeardsley
AndrewBeardsley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AndrewBeardsley

Don't be a fucking Narc.

don't be ryan

Narc

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By RsistncE

@SmilingPig said:

While he smokes, go in his room and take a dump under his pillow.

I find it a little disconcerting that many of the suggestions I've received both from my friends and posters here involved shit. I was unaware of the fact that human feces were the natural counter to pot?

bybeach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By bybeach

@RsistncE said:

@bybeach said:

I don't really pay attention to his showering habits etc. Like I know when he's in the shower of course, but I don't keep count nor am I even in my room most of the day since I'm usually pretty busy. All I know is that the guy smells really bad, like it's unlike anything I've ever encountered before. I'm on the waiting list for a bachelor suite since I don't even like having my girlfriend over because of the pot/smell situation.

I was just kidding, and yeah, that last part..well it sounds like he does shower at least. As far as you know it seems. I don't know what to say about the smelly part and why, thats a true downer. Maybe not his fault, but best thing for you is get your own space regardless of this and that. I Hope it happens for you.

Contro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Contro

lol. I think you should write the sequel for Reefer Madness, I have a feeling you'd be very good at it.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Vinny_Says

You pay for rent? Tell him to smoke outside it's pretty simple really

falling_fast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By falling_fast

@DystopiaX said:

smoke with him!

matpaget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#33  Edited By matpaget

@RsistncE: Suck his dick. He'll move out within the week.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RsistncE

@Vinny_Says said:

You pay for rent? Tell him to smoke outside it's pretty simple really

Rent payments are individual and they go to university housing, so well all pay our own rent depending on whatever period we've leased our rooms for.

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By korwin

Ask him to smoke outside? He's probably doing it either out of habit or because he feel a need to hide it from you. It's something of a common social convention to smoke outside if your flat mate is a non smoker (tobacco or otherwise).

Zajtalan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Zajtalan

blow that smoke out the window or use a sploof hehe

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By landon

Tell him you don't mind him smoking, but you don't like the smell and he should do it somewhere else. If he gets defensive about it and wont agree, threaten to call the cops. Simple as that. Would he rather be in jail with no pot or smoke it somewhere else?

Skald

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 7

#38  Edited By Skald

Let's ask Siri.

No Caption Provided
SmilingPig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By SmilingPig

I don't know why a lot of people that smoke pot don’t realise that those who are in the house can smell it.

My girlfriend's brother is sure that his parent’s don’t knows he smokes despite

smoking in the basement.

But seriously talking to him is the way to go, and if that does not work then you go for the chit prank, when that fail; cut his shit with some strong laxatives if you can, in time he will think that it’s the pot that makes him sick.

Slayeric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Slayeric

@DarthOrange said:

Tell Ryan Davis.

Winner!

CrazedMaverick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By CrazedMaverick

Since you're in university housing, first ask him if he could smoke outside. If he's an ass about it you could totally narc him out to housing. It'd be well within your right to, and it sounds like you don't like him anyways

ComradeKhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ComradeKhan

@blackbird415 said:

Maybe ask him to smoke outside. Ideally I would advise him to buy a vaporizer.

Vaporizers are the best! I live with non-pot smokers but I smoke weed regularly so I just use my vape. My roommates actually like the smell of vaporized marijuana so they don't mind that I smoke in the house even though they don't join in on the fun.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#43  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@Bribo said:

Open more windows or call the cops.

More like call the BLOPS amirite gais?

Also, tell him to stop and if he does it so much as one more time, just take a hit out on him. I mean inform the authorities.

RsistncE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By RsistncE

@ComradeKhan said:

@blackbird415 said:

Maybe ask him to smoke outside. Ideally I would advise him to buy a vaporizer.

Vaporizers are the best! I live with non-pot smokers but I smoke weed regularly so I just use my vape. My roommates actually like the smell of vaporized marijuana so they don't mind that I smoke in the house even though they don't join in on the fun.

I was considering the vapourizer but you mentioned there was a smell; I'd rather not suggest a vapourizer because if he goes ahead and buys it and the smell is still ultra irritating then I'm going to feel like an idiot going back to him to tell him to stop completely. I think I'd rather just ask him to not smoke inside altogether.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By GaspoweR

NARC his ass on Twitter, Ryan Davis-style....

...but seriously though, best option is to talk to him. You never know how he's gonna react until you actually open up about it with the person concerned.

meptron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

#46  Edited By meptron

duuuuuuude

Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Subjugation

If you don't mind being a dick, and I'm not even sure I'd consider this being a dick, just remind him that you could have him evicted in a heartbeat if he isn't more considerate. He is the one breaking university rules and simultaneously irritating you so you have the position of power in this exchange. Like others have said, just let him know that smoking is whatever but you don't appreciate it permeating the apartment. Give him a chance to compromise, but by no means feel obligated to be nice to the point where you just let him walk all over you.

strainedeyes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By strainedeyes

Tweet about it until security gets there.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49  Edited By Commisar123

Well I would ask him about it and be all nice about it. If that fails maybe look for another place to live?

coakroach

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By coakroach

No balcony/backyard where he can smoke?

Also, snitches get stitches.