Rotterdam

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Edited By macandcheese

So I made my train after some help from the ticket agent and now I am in Rotterdam and staying at a wonderful little Hostel called the Room Hostel, its has themed rooms and has a great atmosphere, compared with the StayOkay hostel OI was just in this is wonderful. When I had first arrived there was a possibility that they were full up but I was told to come back in an hour so I walked around and found a little cafe and had a nice pizza and coke for lunch and then went back and the Hostel had an opening. Unfortunately all the places I planned on visiting close at 5 pm and it was already 3 so I just plan on kicking it at the Hostel and they are having a concert so I may go to that and they also have a happy hour around the same time. I also met a really cool guy at the last Hostel called Ben, he was a really cool dude and he originally came from SF (San Francisco) and he really travels a lot, he has been traveling for 2 months or so now and he had been all around the world. I was pretty surprised that he had even been to Mali, he had apparently came up from Africa to England before I met him in the Netherlands. He was really cool and apparently couch surfs a lot and really suggested it to me heartily.

Anyway tomorrow I'm gonna hit some of the museums around the area, mostly art and theres also a maritime museum.

Now a quick gripe at AAA

I brought along two travel books, well three but I had to send one home already not it seems I will be sending another back. The first book is really great, A Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget, it has been great for finding activities and for the most part useful at getting me to hostels. The second book is the AAA Travel book for Europe which I only brought along because my mom suggested it, turns out I was right. I have been recently trying to use it for cross reference to try and find any more activities I think I would enjoy. My first gripe is that it only lists several cities for each country (most likely done to keep the book smaller) and these are usually the I cities (for example London for Britain) and so far these have been somewhat incomplete as far as I am concerned. The book does not have Versailles for France nor does it have The Globe Theater for London. Anyway that book is probably going back to home soon.

macandcheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By macandcheese

So I made my train after some help from the ticket agent and now I am in Rotterdam and staying at a wonderful little Hostel called the Room Hostel, its has themed rooms and has a great atmosphere, compared with the StayOkay hostel OI was just in this is wonderful. When I had first arrived there was a possibility that they were full up but I was told to come back in an hour so I walked around and found a little cafe and had a nice pizza and coke for lunch and then went back and the Hostel had an opening. Unfortunately all the places I planned on visiting close at 5 pm and it was already 3 so I just plan on kicking it at the Hostel and they are having a concert so I may go to that and they also have a happy hour around the same time. I also met a really cool guy at the last Hostel called Ben, he was a really cool dude and he originally came from SF (San Francisco) and he really travels a lot, he has been traveling for 2 months or so now and he had been all around the world. I was pretty surprised that he had even been to Mali, he had apparently came up from Africa to England before I met him in the Netherlands. He was really cool and apparently couch surfs a lot and really suggested it to me heartily.

Anyway tomorrow I'm gonna hit some of the museums around the area, mostly art and theres also a maritime museum.

Now a quick gripe at AAA

I brought along two travel books, well three but I had to send one home already not it seems I will be sending another back. The first book is really great, A Rough Guide to Europe on a Budget, it has been great for finding activities and for the most part useful at getting me to hostels. The second book is the AAA Travel book for Europe which I only brought along because my mom suggested it, turns out I was right. I have been recently trying to use it for cross reference to try and find any more activities I think I would enjoy. My first gripe is that it only lists several cities for each country (most likely done to keep the book smaller) and these are usually the I cities (for example London for Britain) and so far these have been somewhat incomplete as far as I am concerned. The book does not have Versailles for France nor does it have The Globe Theater for London. Anyway that book is probably going back to home soon.