#1 Posted by skewedsyntax (18 posts) -

What is the internets opinion of Ryan Lochte I like Him?

#2 Posted by Irvandus (2880 posts) -

Good athlete is good athlete.

#3 Edited by TheVeteran13 (1210 posts) -

* I don't know who that is

#4 Posted by TheHT (11376 posts) -

I just google him and saw that he's a swimmer who won a medal and wears a US flag grill, so that dumb. But he won a medal, so good for him.

#5 Posted by Veektarius (4869 posts) -

He is from my hometown and within a year of my age, but I never knew him.

#6 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1250 posts) -

He is a good swimmer. He seems like a good guy.

#7 Posted by skewedsyntax (18 posts) -

He is from University of Florida also, that makes him awesome.

#8 Posted by kashif1 (1428 posts) -

Several girls I know have declared lust for him.

#9 Posted by pweidman (2340 posts) -

He made mention that this Olympics he was smart enough to NOT come with a girlfriend. Also, his mother said he doesn't have time in his life for anything more than one night stands. Seriously.

#10 Posted by Zenogiasu (193 posts) -

@kashif1 said:

Several girls I know have declared lust for him.

I imagine these were conducted around conference tables in underground bunkers, like in wartime. Formal Declarations of Lust.

#11 Posted by jakob187 (21676 posts) -

@pweidman said:

He made mention that this Olympics he was smart enough to NOT come with a girlfriend. Also, his mother said he doesn't have time in his life for anything more than one night stands. Seriously.

So what you're saying is that he's American?

#12 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

@Irvandus said:

Good athlete is good athlete.

This...

#13 Posted by ManotheBard (43 posts) -
#14 Posted by pweidman (2340 posts) -

@jakob187: Not saying anything, just passing on what I heard from reliable sources. From that though I spose someone could deduce he's a shallow, egocentric, slutty pig? LOL. And that could be completely unfair as well.

Wanna be in the public eye? This all goes with.

#15 Posted by Dixavd (1358 posts) -

@ManotheBard: I don't see what the big fuss is about. I don't see what is so different there compared to when people come on wearing socks that look like their countries flag or when they have a tattoo or something (like one swimmer I saw with the Olympic rings tattooed on his chest). Sure, it is a little cocky but honestly - anyone who goes into sport and thinks they have any chance of actually getting a medal at the Olympics has to already be a little over-confident.

#16 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

This is an exceptionally well written post.

#17 Posted by DonChipotle (2768 posts) -

What defines me....?

...Ryan Lochte

#18 Posted by ThePickle (4184 posts) -

@NoobSauceG7 said:

He is a good swimmer. He seems like a good guy.

This.

#19 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

He's cool, but I can't believe he lost the 200 back.

#20 Posted by Tidel (360 posts) -
#21 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

@Veektarius said:

But he knew you.

#22 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

Why the fuck is this a thread and why did you think it was a good idea to make it? Questing or something?

#23 Posted by dannyodwyer (365 posts) -

@DonChipotle said:

What defines me....?

...Ryan Lochte

this made my day

#24 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

A great athlete who seems a tad arrogant. I'm not a fan of anyone wearing a grill, this isn't 2002 anymore. Especially if you're a rich white kid from upstate New York.

#25 Posted by stryker1121 (1462 posts) -

@Tidel said:

Jezebel has a funny opinion of him.

Ha ha just read that this morning..does not paint a kid picture of the guy. Giant shoe collection and says 'jeah!!" a lot. Douchebag city.

#26 Posted by believer258 (11949 posts) -

He's a good athlete, but quite an arrogant one. That's all I've managed to gather from what I've heard of him.

Just throwing this out there, he sounds like he's barely got two brain cells to rub together when talking. Maybe it's nervousness or something.

#27 Posted by Veektarius (4869 posts) -

@ImmortalSaiyan said:

@Veektarius said:

But he knew you.

You had me thinking for a minute, then I realized... you don't know me. This is the internet.

#28 Posted by demell (10 posts) -

I find it funny that people on a video game site are debating the personality traits and likeability of one of the greatest athletes in the world today. Not saying all of you have never competed before (that would probably be a very unlikely statistic given little league and such), just saying its ironic that a group of people who make a habit of engaging in a seditary activity are going to call out someone of such a high physical caliber.

But the internet makes everyone equal right?

#29 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

@demell: Yes, because physical prowess makes a human what they are. No one's disputing he's a fucking excellent swimmer, but people don't need to say he's perfect in every way simply because he happens to swim really well.

#30 Posted by BobThePlumber (3 posts) -

Now that Phelps is hanging up his goggles, Lochte will be the new titled swimmer around. I think it'll be nice for Lochte to finally escape Phelps's shadow. Him and Phelps have been great friends and intense rivals. I look forward to Lochte winning many gold medals for USA.

#31 Posted by Skytylz (4033 posts) -

@BobThePlumber said:

Now that Phelps is hanging up his goggles, Lochte will be the new titled swimmer around. I think it'll be nice for Lochte to finally escape Phelps's shadow. Him and Phelps have been great friends and intense rivals. I look forward to Lochte winning many gold medals for USA.

You know Lochte is older than Phelps right?

#32 Posted by BobThePlumber (3 posts) -

@Skytylz said:

@BobThePlumber said:

You know Lochte is older than Phelps right?

Yeah. But now that Phelps is out, Lochte can claim his spotlight that he deserves.

#33 Posted by Blackout62 (1347 posts) -

Right so we can all agree this Lochte fellow is a bit of a jerkbag. Now onto interesting Olympic things, can you believe the Men's Singles in tennis? How does Andy Murray beat Roger Federer? And obviously the Williams sisters swoop the women's events because the status must be quo.

#34 Posted by TruthTellah (9153 posts) -

@Blackout62: Murray's victory was a wild turn of events. Great stuff.

Though uh... on the original subject... Lochte's actually a pretty nice guy, and I think people are giving him a bad rap. He used to be much more of a flake and kind of a jerk, but after Beijing, he really turned things around. If you see his interviews from this week and his interactions with Phelps and the other swimmers in the relays, he is actually quite considerate and friendly, and he was quite the team player. I'm very glad he won what he did, and I look forward to what he'll accomplish in the future. :)

#35 Posted by GnomeonFire (752 posts) -

In a 3 set match you don't need quite the stamina that's required in Wimbledon.

#36 Posted by Little_Socrates (5677 posts) -

@dannyodwyer said:

@DonChipotle said:

What defines me....?

...Ryan Lochte

this made my day

I can literally only imagine him being played by a particularly stoned Owen Wilson.

#37 Posted by face15 (1302 posts) -

@TheHT said:

He wears a US flag grill, so that dumb.

#38 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3052 posts) -

He's a good athlete, but he seems like a douche. That stupid grill thing doesn't help.

#39 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (642 posts) -

He's a typical American.

#40 Posted by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

From what I read is a cool dude, great athlete, charismatic and likes to get laid...

#41 Posted by Ghostiet (5284 posts) -

I don't know about his swimming ability, but I read an article about him. The guy sounded like the most shallow person I have ever heard. And that's saying something, because I regularly hear football players talk in interviews.

#42 Edited by clumsyninja1 (817 posts) -

@Blackout62: Remember that Federer played a 4 hour match with Delpotro and he should have lost it, the Argentine play better. Also, Federer is 30 while Murray is 25, still in on his prime :-)

#43 Posted by megalowho (969 posts) -

Great athlete, eye rolling in interviews. Phelps comes across as a much more humble and sincere ambassador of his sport.

#44 Posted by ZoomyRamen (237 posts) -

@GnomeonFire: It's a 5 set final.

#45 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -
@Blackout62 said:

Right so we can all agree this Lochte fellow is a bit of a jerkbag. Now onto interesting Olympic things, can you believe the Men's Singles in tennis? How does Andy Murray beat Roger Federer? And obviously the Williams sisters swoop the women's events because the status must be quo.

Yeah, Andy Murray was pretty amazing but I've got to call bullshit on the Williams sisters. They won in tennis because they're the best in the world.
#46 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

sports

#47 Posted by Demoskinos (14878 posts) -

More like LOLchte RIGHT? RIGHT?

#48 Posted by Harkat (1102 posts) -

Bit of a dickhead isn't he?