#1 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

So I did a search but could not find what I wanted, an "Official Giant Bomb Sandwich Thread"

What are the "go-to" sandwiches you guys have and what is the most recent "crazy" sandwich you have consumed (put whatever comes to mind in there)

For me it is ham + cheese with ketchup for my "go-to" sandwich and my crazy one is what I am eating now. It has turkey, ham, cucumber, tomato, lettuce, mayonnaise and chilli beef.

#2 Edited by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

@AlianthaBerries: Your sandwich sounds disgusting to me. I usually go with a turkey,cheese and lettuce or a balogna,chesse and lettuce on white with miracle whip and a bit of mustard.

#3 Posted by superpow (226 posts) -

My go-to sandwich is a bologna sandwich with mayonnaise. An awesome sandwich would be An onion sandwich with swiss cheese. The smell will stick in your mouth for days though.

#4 Posted by therealnelsk (267 posts) -

This is a brilliant idea, mainly because I'm REALLY into sandwiches.

Turkey, lettuce, tomato, onion, cucumber, balsamic vinegar, oil. Every day, never gets old.

Also, you guys are into some crazy fucking sandwiches.

#5 Posted by 49th (2551 posts) -

I like to mix some mustard, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl, and spread that on the bottom slice of white bread. Add sliced cucumber on top of that, then the meat like ham or pastrami, and maybe also add some saucisson (French salami). Next some salad, usually rocket or lettuce, finally finished with sliced gherkin and salt and pepper.

Cut it into triangles bro

#6 Posted by SockemJetpack (405 posts) -

Go to: Prosciutto, calabrese salami, mortadella, provolone and pickled roasted red peppers on a crusty bun

Crazy: Peanut butter, margarine and grape jelly. This abomination was at a friends house when I was young.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (34654 posts) -
I'M ROCKING YOUR WORLD VIEW!
#8 Posted by Spoonman671 (4381 posts) -

I love that we have to put years on our sandwich threads at Giant Bomb.

#9 Posted by Sbaitso (365 posts) -

Are hot sandwiches acceptable? This little corner store a block from my house makes a bitchin chicken&pesto; sandwich.

#10 Posted by Ghost_of_Perdition (733 posts) -

Club sandwich: grilled chicken, bacon, lettuce, tomato, onions, and honey mustard in an Italian roll. It's pretty much a staple in my diet.

For craziness, I switch the roll for a pita. Yup, rebel over here.

#11 Posted by teh_destroyer (3557 posts) -

Are you pregnant?

Anyways, I am eating a grilled cheese sandwich right now.

#12 Posted by Patman99 (1545 posts) -

Roasted chicken breast, lettuce, cucumber, and provolone cheese. Spread pesto and then toast like you would for a grilled cheese. I really like it and the only real caveat is to make sure you have some chicken already cooked.

#13 Posted by Flawed_System (388 posts) -

Italian dressing, lettuce, tomato, ham, American cheese, turkey, and grilled chicken on some Italian bread (or a roll).

#14 Edited by addictedtopinescent (3645 posts) -

My go-to sandwhich (What I order at Subway): Cold cuts, italian bread, honey mustard, olives, pickles, lettuce and sometimes onions

Crazy would be pretty much any leftover I can stick into bread. Pasta sauce, some bbq chicken with goat cheese is a tasty example.

#15 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4039 posts) -

You want a good sandwich, go to a Vietnamese Banh Mi shop. The greatest thing that ever came out of French colonization.

#16 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

At work I microwave cheese buns, spread on some mayo, basil, alfalfa, and then whatever meat and cheese is striking my fancy that day. I work in a deli, so I can pick those right at lunch time. Usually it's swiss and Cherrywood smoked ham.

#17 Posted by Ravenlight (8033 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

I'M ROCKING YOUR WORLD VIEW!

I took an online course in Sandwich Identification, and I can tell you with some certainty that what is pictured here is not a sandwich.

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (34654 posts) -
#19 Posted by Vextroid (1317 posts) -

Margarine + A thick slice of cheese + whatever deli meat is in the fridge + Sandwich maker = my goto sandwich.

#20 Posted by EVO (3784 posts) -

Turkey, bacon, cheese, lettuce, tomato and a little bit of mayo.

Fuck, now I feel like Subway.

#21 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

@teh_destroyer: If I am you are the first to suspect anything

#22 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -

My go to sandwich is turkey with red pepper mayo on rye. Can't think of anything particularly crazy off the top of my head.

#23 Edited by 71Ranchero (2582 posts) -

My standard sandwich would be pastrami and mustard. I dont eat "crazy" food but I guess peanut butter and cereal is a bit odd.

Also I just want to say.....ketchup and Ham? That is disgusting. I am angered at the idea of a sandwich with ketchup on it.

#24 Posted by MikkaQ (10227 posts) -

My go-to sandwich is a hot sandwich with pulled chicken, mustard and some pesto. I guess if I'm going crazy I put some cheese and prosciutto on it.

#25 Posted by StealthRaptor (525 posts) -

Roast beef with mayo and BBQ sauce on honey wheat.

#26 Edited by MonetaryDread (1956 posts) -
  • Pita
  • Chipotle Aioli (Mayo, Lime Juice, Lime Zest, Adobo Sauce [the paste you find packed with Chipotles], Diced Chipotles)
  • Thick Cut Smoked Bacon (I enjoy one with a peppered crust)
  • Heirloom Tomatos
  • Cucumber
  • Romaine Leaf
  • Salt
#27 Posted by ManU_Fan10ne (662 posts) -

Peanut Butter and Jelly....best thing in the world :)

#28 Posted by Soapy86 (2599 posts) -

Cajun turkey and havarti. Put in the microwave for 20 seconds. So simple, but so damn good.

#29 Edited by believer258 (11063 posts) -

Peanut butter and jelly, motherfuckers.

Also a good turkey sandwich on lightly toasted bread, but not shitty pre-packaged turkey. Good turkey, made and sliced at the store and all. Can't stand the pre-packaged shit.

EDIT: And no mayonnaise. I hate mayonnaise.

#30 Posted by Soapy86 (2599 posts) -

@Atramentous said:

My standard sandwich would be pastrami and mustard. I dont eat "crazy" food but I guess peanut butter and cereal is a bit odd.

Also I just want to say.....ketchup and Ham? That is disgusting. I am angered at the idea of a sandwich with ketchup on it.

I agree. Though I will occasionally dip my burgers in ketchup.

#31 Posted by OneManX (1664 posts) -

This deli, I used to live near made the BEST Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches... so GDLK!

#32 Posted by JaredA (806 posts) -

I recently made a pretty delicious ham, cheese, and lettuce sandwich, but get this:

I DIPPED IT IN SRIRACHA BEFORE EACH BITE

It was one of the greatest things I have ever tasted. A flavor medley beyond your wildest dreams.

#33 Posted by Hizang (8534 posts) -

When I make my own sandwich at home I like to do triple layers, on the first layer a variety of ham and on the second layer a variety of cheese. When I buy them I like to go for the breakfast type one with Bacon and Egg in it.

#34 Posted by AlianthaBerries (142 posts) -

I don't see the big deal about ketchup and ham, I think the ketchup in the UK tastes different to the one in the US ? Heinz Ketchup

#35 Posted by SmilingPig (1337 posts) -

Would you eat that?

#36 Posted by Rudeboy217 (1760 posts) -

@JaredA said:

I recently made a pretty delicious ham, cheese, and lettuce sandwich, but get this:

I DIPPED IT IN SRIRACHA BEFORE EACH BITE

It was one of the greatest things I have ever tasted. A flavor medley beyond your wildest dreams.

YES~!

#37 Posted by Dexter_Morgan_ (314 posts) -

Mayo and Tomato sandwich.

#38 Posted by Tesla (1853 posts) -

Peanut butter and jelly, buttered and thrown on a fry pan like a grilled cheese.

#39 Posted by shinboy630 (1117 posts) -

Cold: Ham, Turkey, cheese, shredded lettuce, and onions

Hot: Grilled Chicken, pepperoni, hot peppers and fresh mozzarella. Truly delicious.

My stand by though if those are not available is a hot chicken parm sub sandwhich. Even a bad one of those is still really tasty.

#40 Posted by Hamst3r (4345 posts) -

I wouldn't consider myself to really have a go-to sandwich, but I guess I do eat a lot of breakfast sandwiches. So...

A toasted bagel with a bit of butter and cream cheese. Then a fried egg, ham and/or bacon and sharp cheddar cheese on top. Sometimes ketchup or chile verde is added.

#41 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

I made a ham+cheese+cream cheese frosting sandwich on cinnamon bread once. 

it was about as delicious as you'd expect

#42 Posted by EXTomar (4130 posts) -

I'm a fan of Subway and Jimmy John's subs over anything else in the fast food category.

#43 Edited by hussatron (189 posts) -

My favorite is turkey and provolone cheese on wheat bread with dijon mustard and lettuce.

I don't eat a lot of crazy sandwiches but I do eat peanut butter and banana on white bread occasionally.

#44 Edited by MocBucket62 (1044 posts) -

Favorite Recent Sandwich: I've made myself this steak Sandwich with medium rare steak, melted Bleu Cheese, A1 Steak-sauce and toasted whole wheat bread.   

Favorite Sandwich ever: Hard to beat Cuban Sandwiches in Florida, seriously the best Sandwiches I've ever had.  

Crazy Sandwich: If it counts, today I had a Buffalo Turkey Sandwich with Swiss Cheese, Coleslaw, Toasted White Bread and Everglade Seasoning (Florida seasoning with salt and spices). Each half had a different hot sauce, one with Shiracha and the other with Red Tobasco Sauce.

#45 Posted by Marcsman (2895 posts) -

From the Philadelphia area so the go to sandwich is a Cheesesteak. My personal favorite is the Buffalo Chicken Cheesesteak

#46 Edited by WildFloyd (127 posts) -

The sandvich is the only sandwich for me

#47 Posted by OldGuy (1434 posts) -

A smear of high quality mustard on a homemade bun, a frankfurter (don't use those crappy hot dogs in my sandwich), chili sauce (also homemade - can't find any megaproduct I like) and chopped onions.

But, in a month or so we're coming up on BLT (white toast - yes, I make the bread) season. Mmmm. Wish I had a smokehouse to play with bacon making, but, whachagonnado?

#48 Edited by Harkat (1090 posts) -
#49 Posted by nickux (1378 posts) -

BLT with avocado. Forever and ever and ever.