Saturday Morning: Cartoons' Greatest Hits (CD)

Spectreman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Spectreman
Tireyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 17

#2  Edited By Tireyo

No Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, Pinky and the Brain or Animaniacs? I'm so not sold, even f there are some great themes on there.

Hailinel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 28

@tireyo said:

No Looney Tunes, Flintstones, Jetsons, Tom and Jerry, Pinky and the Brain or Animaniacs? I'm so not sold, even f there are some great themes on there.

As the OP said, they're themes from shows that aired in the 60s and 70s. Pinky & The Brain and Animaniacs hadn't been created at that point and Looney Tunes were mostly animated shorts that debuted in theaters (and thus wouldn't have a TV theme).

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Also Looney Toons for the most part just used free-domain classical music.

I own this CD, bought it back in the late nineties. My favorite track by far is:

Loading Video...

Though I suppose The Ramones Spiderman is also classic. It helps that I watched Underdog as a kid.

atomicfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Man I had this growing up. There was a very mid-90's late night special advertising it on Cartoon Network I think. Listened to this album all the time.

Darth Paul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By Darth Paul

I still have this CD & I still listen to it every so often, it's really cool!

I_Stay_Puft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By I_Stay_Puft

It's kind of sad that this generation can watch cartoons any time they want with their "Cartoon Network, Disney Channel, and NIckelodeon." Back in my day my broke ass family couldn't afford no cable nor did we have the luxury of the internet or streaming services. When we wanted to watch cartoons it was either wake up early in the morning before school, run home after school, or watch saturday morning cartoons. Nothing better then Saturday mornings. All you needed was a big bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch and your VHS to record your favorite shows that aired at the same time. That's right we had no DVR devices and had to record one show on one tv as you watched tv on another. Goddamn I feel old and this was the 90's.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

Wanted to pick up this CD a few years back for the face to face track but never did. Hope I can find it for a decent price.