Saturday Morning Cartoons Lineup List

wattsiey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hello All,

Recently I've began to think about Saturday morning cartoons, I think it was brought about by all of the Viva Pinata talk recently on the site. I'm 25 and grew up with a ritual; every morning at 7 or 8, I would grab my blanket and pillow and head to the living room to plop in front of our tv for the next 4 hours. I unashamedly watched cartoons on Saturday morning well into my teens, although the ritual had changed some, it was still a great part of my week. We didn't get satellite till I almost graduated high school, so I was stuck with the big networks. Some of my favorite TV moments were spent on that floor watching turtles punch ninjas and Ash save his Charmander.

So it saddens me when I see that paid programming has taken over the timeslots for which I would sacrifice sleeping in. While thinking of these, I thought, " I'm a grown-ass man with access to the internet. What's stopping me from having my Saturday morning cartoons back?" I want to make a new Saturday morning cartoon lineup to watch on my weekend mornings (with my new job my weekend will be Sundays and Mondays so they won't really be my Saturday morning cartoons). I immediately thought that you duders would be the perfect group to help me come up with a decent lineup. I know you will remember stuff that I definitely won't, will know some great gems, both old and new, and you'll know what has held up the best. You might even wanna follow along. We could start our own little cartoon nostalgia club. Ask your parents for $15 and mail it in for a shitty T-shirt!!!

A few thoughts for some inspiration:

Some of the my favorites (in no particular order):

Pokemon, Batman: The Animated Series & Batman Beyond, Animaniacs, A few different iterations of X-Men and TMNT, The Tick, Jackie Chan Adventures, Medabots, Recess

I'd like to stick to the 30ish min eps. I want to have like a 3ish hour lineup, but we'll see.

Any and all suggestions are welcome, old and new.

This helped refresh my memory some:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lists_of_United_States_network_television_schedules

LET THE SUGGESTIONS ROLL IN!!!

TehBuLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mine was TMNT then Looney Tunes / Merry Melodies. Recess towards the end now that you reminded me. O yeah Pee-Wee was good stuff. Also fuck Muppet Babies.

wattsiey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By wattsiey

@tehbull: Amen to that. Those hellspawn haunt my dreams.

Evil_Alaska

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This thread will make me feel old no doubt, but for me it was something along the lines of:

Classics: Tom and Jerry, Loony Tunes

Modern at the time favorites: Scooby Doo, Thundercats, He-Man, Smurfs, GI-Joe

Wraithtek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

Do you want to limit to Saturday Morning-esque, mostly kid-friendly cartoons? Or would something more grown up like Futurama or Archer work as well?

wattsiey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wraithtek: I would prolly say I'd be sticking to more kid-friendly stuff. But I would listen to an argument for adding other stuff. I only say that because I've watched most of that stuff (Futurama, Archer, Rick & Morty) pretty recently. Whereas I'd be revisiting these other shows.

billmcneal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 6

Pink Panther, Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry

entangledvyne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

King Arthur and the Knights of Justice, and Mighty Max were pretty great. I'm 29 so they might have been on right before you got into the Saturday morning routine. King Arthur holds up pretty well, I revisit it every now and again. I haven't watched Mighty Max in a long time though.