#1 Posted by mikey87144 (1649 posts) -

Overall I liked the movie very much. I think maybe the hype might have lessened my enjoyment of it slightly but still it was one of the best super hero movies I've seen. Thing I liked about the most though is what some critics have panned it for. The movie didn't really focus on character development for any of the heroes. Reason is simple, the other movies which focused on the heroes already did that. I was afraid going in that the director would make the same mistakes the Spider man guys did by trying to do another character arc for the characters. I do wish that hawkeye and Scarlet spider had some more time to develop their characters but not if it took away from fight scenes.

#2 Posted by TheHBK (5458 posts) -

You saw it? No fucking way!!!!

#3 Posted by StrainedEyes (1319 posts) -

Is this the movie where all of Jigsaw's survivors team up to find and destroy the billy puppet?

#4 Posted by SmasheControllers (2543 posts) -

@StrainedEyes said:

Is this the movie where all of Jigsaw's survivors team up to find and destroy the billy puppet?

I'd watch that movie.

#5 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

I wish I had seen it in 3D, Scarlett Johanson was so damn fine in this movie. Other than that, brilliant flick, stupid and over the top in a good way, Downey is perfect as Tony Stark.

#6 Edited by IBurningStar (2160 posts) -
@StrainedEyes said:

You just read my motherfucking mind. 

BTW, this thread is now about Saw: Avengers.
#7 Posted by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

Avengers? Never heard of it.

#8 Posted by allworkandlowpay (874 posts) -

@mikey87144 said:

Overall I liked the movie very much. I think maybe the hype might have lessened my enjoyment of it slightly but still it was one of the best super hero movies I've seen. Thing I liked about the most though is what some critics have panned it for. The movie didn't really focus on character development for any of the heroes. Reason is simple, the other movies which focused on the heroes already did that. I was afraid going in that the director would make the same mistakes the Spider man guys did by trying to do another character arc for the characters. I do wish that hawkeye and Scarlet spider had some more time to develop their characters but not if it took away from fight scenes.

1) Never let hype influence you again. Ever. It's the most destructive force to enjoyment out there. It's like Andy Dick.

2) Who's Scarlet Spider?

#9 Posted by Gonmog (580 posts) -

The movie had some character development though...

#10 Edited by SamStrife (1282 posts) -

@allworkandlowpay said:

@mikey87144 said:

1) Never let hype influence you again. Ever. It's the most destructive force to enjoyment out there. It's like Andy Dick.

2) Who's Scarlet Spider?

Scarlet Spider is Peter Parker's clone who's off fighting crime in Brazil at the moment I believe (I'd need to double check that.)

EDIT: It's Mexico, not Brazil, sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

#11 Posted by Voxus (315 posts) -

You know, Scarlet Spider.

#12 Posted by Tylea002 (2295 posts) -

Considering the movie was all about Character Development, I have no idea what you're on about.

#13 Posted by Pacmanlh (77 posts) -

It's good to watch at 3:20 in the morning with a packed crowed in IMAX 3D, although D-Box would be the cherry on top.

#14 Posted by Toxeia (728 posts) -

"Saw Avengers" made me think of some weird mix between the Saw series and The Avengers. Loki traps the Avengers in a basement and hilarity ensues - by hilarity I mean sweet eye gouging and penis destruction in the name of retrieving keys.

#15 Posted by mikey87144 (1649 posts) -

@allworkandlowpay said:

2) Who's Scarlet Spider?

1. I avoided all the trailers and didn't read any of the reviews but my friends kept building it up so...

2. I forgot the name of the hero she's supposed to be.

#16 Posted by gamefreak9 (2336 posts) -

@0blivion said:

You know, Scarlet Spider.

omg lol!

#17 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

Seriously, get off the computer once in a while… smell the roses… volunteer… show your balls to a turtle… make a ham fort…

#18 Posted by AiurFlux (901 posts) -

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Seriously, get off the computer once in a while… smell the roses… volunteer… show your balls to a turtle… make a ham fort…

Can that ham fort have bacon in it? Because if there's no bacon then it's a TERRIBLE fort.

#19 Posted by EXTomar (4451 posts) -

@zombie2011 said:

Avengers? Never heard of it.

Its kind of a strange British spy TV show.

#20 Posted by jimmyfenix (3813 posts) -

learn to spell.

#21 Posted by NTM (7234 posts) -

I was a bit surprised by it. I didn't really like any of the films these characters came from, so when I saw this, I loved it. It wasn't the best story, but the way everything else was handled was perfect.

#22 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5137 posts) -

I thought it was sad when Loki killed Hawkeye.

#23 Posted by Yanngc33 (4496 posts) -

@PeasantAbuse said:

I thought it was sad when Loki killed Hawkeye.

Yeah but when Batman appeared, I lost my fucking mind

#24 Posted by NlGHTCRAWLER (1215 posts) -

@AiurFlux said:

@NlGHTCRAWLER said:

Can that ham fort have bacon in it? Because if there's no bacon then it's a TERRIBLE fort.

There is no such thing as a terrible fort.

#25 Posted by xaLieNxGrEyx (2605 posts) -

I think almost everyone has seen it twice

#26 Posted by moywar700 (174 posts) -

I know who were the avengers before the general audience did.

#27 Posted by Melanon (58 posts) -

The Avengers was crazy good. I hope I get to see it twice before it's out of Theaters.

#28 Posted by Shaka999 (447 posts) -

Are all of you fans of summer action movies or the comics? Cause I'm a fan of neither and I saw it last night and I thought it was ok. Not great, not horrible, but alright.

I never felt like any of the characters were in danger & the movie was extremely predictable. It was basically every other superhero movie except there's more than one super hero.

To it's credit, the action was great. Seeing the Hulk going apeshit was easily my favorite part of the movie.