• 130 results
#51 Posted by jillsandwich (762 posts) -

This site is the best because all you guys and gals are the best people. Ever.

#52 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

I am a fan of stuff and those who made said stuff.

#53 Edited by Colourful_Hippie (4337 posts) -

I'll refrain from saying something not nice

#54 Posted by atrox (61 posts) -

This thread is the best.

#55 Edited by MarkWahlberg (4599 posts) -

@thehumandove said:

This thread is the worst

NO BAD THOUGHTS IN THE CIRCLEJERK

#56 Edited by blueinferno (447 posts) -

I love you guys.

#57 Posted by joshwent (2156 posts) -

I consider myself a nice person, and never try to really insult anyone or be too abrasive online, but I too rolled my eyes at this thread. I dunno...

In my real world experience one shitty thing can wash away all the nice. Getting yelled "Fag!" at me when I'm just biking after a nice day can really piss a guy off. Or not even... just really bum me out that random hate exists. And that's just one person, tens of thousands online must be pretty troubling. But there's a deep and real difference.

Real life doesn't have a block button, the internet does. People who would never yell at an innocent bike rider do yell even worse shit online, but they aren't doing it to offend or impress their friends like on the street. It's to get attention. And when mr. nobody can get a rise out of a much praised public figure, they've won.

Basically, you can't ignore hate by someone in your face, but we have the tools to ignore trolling online. It's a fucked up situation, but it's our own responsibility to be able to differentiate between the two if we're faced with it. And we'll be better off if we all do.

So maybe I look at things like this thread a little wearily because the bad can outweigh the good so easily. But that doesn't mean don't be nice. It just also means to make even more damn certain you're also not sometimes a dick. Online or off.

And just don't feed the fucking trolls and they'll go away.

#58 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1202 posts) -

Your butt looks great in those pants.

#59 Posted by Brundage (371 posts) -
#60 Posted by hedfone (1751 posts) -
#61 Posted by MideonNViscera (2257 posts) -

I find Kanye West to be somewhat justified.

#63 Edited by TheManWithNoPlan (5366 posts) -

The Giant Bomb community is wonderful, as is the site itself.

#64 Edited by millionthlayla (29 posts) -
@ramone said:

I love you all.

Except you.

You know who you are.

I'll...I'll just see myself out. :(

#65 Posted by mrfluke (5127 posts) -

#66 Posted by jimmyfenix (3851 posts) -
#67 Edited by alwaysbebombing (1554 posts) -

Drew is my secret husbano crush. Or whatever the word is.

#68 Posted by Corvak (968 posts) -

This thread has hit the nail on the head. Find some random industry person - indie or big budget, and tell them their stuff is awesome.

Theres probably some guy working marketing or community management for EA or Activision, who does nothing but read all the shit we shove at them all day every day. Even if the company deserves it, that guy doesn't. That guy has a completely thankless job and has to read about how shitty we think his bosses are all day long. And after filtering through shit mountain, he has to turn around and be nice to us about it, Tell that guy he's awesome.

The gaming community has a problem, and lets stop scratching our asses and moaning about it. A lot of us choose to remove ourselves from it, but instead, lets change it, one tweet at a time. Because you know what? You'll make someones day. And you'll make your own as well.

#69 Posted by Milkman (16615 posts) -

Yeah, you guys are right...I am pretty great.

#70 Posted by StarvingGamer (8128 posts) -

If your looking for negativity all you are going to see is negativity. There is positive things all around you if only you seek them out. The world is full of as many good people as it is assholes.

Since 99.975% of good people also have assholes, wouldn't they cancel themselves out? o_O

Oh, also I think you're a super awesome duder!

#71 Edited by Dagbiker (6957 posts) -

#saysomethingnice

#72 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6078 posts) -

You can't change the internet dude.

#74 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@corvak said:

This thread has hit the nail on the head. Find some random industry person - indie or big budget, and tell them their stuff is awesome.

Theres probably some guy working marketing or community management for EA or Activision, who does nothing but read all the shit we shove at them all day every day. Even if the company deserves it, that guy doesn't. That guy has a completely thankless job and has to read about how shitty we think his bosses are all day long. And after filtering through shit mountain, he has to turn around and be nice to us about it, Tell that guy he's awesome.

The gaming community has a problem, and lets stop scratching our asses and moaning about it. A lot of us choose to remove ourselves from it, but instead, lets change it, one tweet at a time. Because you know what? You'll make someones day. And you'll make your own as well.

A problem? Not at all. Work a day in customer service, and you'll find that people of all walks of life will eventually shit on you. This isn't an internet or gaming issue like so many here seem to believe.

#75 Posted by Demoskinos (14722 posts) -

@starvinggamer: DAYUM SON YOU ON SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT. Also, thanks and your pretty swell as well.

#76 Posted by DocHaus (1324 posts) -

Your taste in anime is [not] shit!

#77 Posted by ThePickle (4160 posts) -

#78 Posted by Sploder (917 posts) -

That Sploder guy is hot

#79 Posted by McGhee (6094 posts) -

#80 Edited by spraynardtatum (2788 posts) -

The Giantbomb community is my favorite.

#81 Posted by Kjebka (46 posts) -

You can't change the internet dude.

Says who? You just changed it when you said that. I'm here changing it right now. The internet is what all us together make it into. If you want a better, nicer internet it's as simple as getting out there and being better and nicer. Note that I say simple, not easy.

#82 Edited by Cheesebob (1235 posts) -

SUCK MY DICK...In the nicest way possible

#83 Posted by Gristle_McThornbody (4 posts) -

Thats some good breakfast spider man.

#84 Posted by TheKramer89 (423 posts) -

@falserelic said:

Nice guys finish last, LOL! JK.

Whereas jerks never even get the chance to have sex.

Yeah, that's not true at all.

#85 Posted by SuperTess (142 posts) -

Drew is my secret husbano crush. Or whatever the word is.

Drew is everyone's secret crush. At least that is what I tell my husband.

I dedicate all of the Summerjams to all of you. Y'all deserve it.

#86 Posted by EternalVigil (239 posts) -

People can commit great acts of kindness or cruelty. It's up to you to decide what you want to do.

You guys are awesome.

#87 Posted by mandude (2669 posts) -

I will murder you. I will cut you into meaty little chunks. I will feed those chunks to the dogs, and then I will cut the dogs up. When the various woodland animals are finished digesting the remains of your remains, I will fertilise crops with what's left, and then I will cut those crops down. I will .....

Actually, I think I might need some more practice with this.

#88 Edited by Brackynews (4056 posts) -

@capum15 said:

Like a shotgun of niceness.

BOOM. Headshot.

#89 Posted by AlexanderSheen (4961 posts) -

@jasonr86 said:

As soon as I saw this thread I rolled my eyes. So I guess I'm just an asshole.

Yep, same here. The amount of positivity here just feels... unnatural and disgusting.

#90 Posted by laserguy (443 posts) -

I like your shoes. are those New balance?

#91 Posted by bybeach (4771 posts) -

Most of you are sincere, though some have agendas. Very few committed trolls..that is the subject matter is secondary.

#92 Posted by Captain_Felafel (1561 posts) -

I'd love nothing more than to contribute to this thread, but I feel that it's my duty as a responsible Giant Bomb member to post this.

#93 Edited by jasondesante (603 posts) -

Giantbomb is the best! Just wanted to say that I don't know any other gaming community this awesome, smart, funny....I'd totally fuck you all in the ass in a 7-eleven bathroom. Hell is breaking loose on polytrons site, and over here its "I feel myself more and more upset about the Phil Fish story". Today is DONT BE A DICK DAY, and I just see all the negativity as a group of immature sheep putting themselves into their own pen asking to be ignored. I believe the internet is on the side of positivity, and in the gaming community, Giantbomb is at the top.

I honestly am a more honest and thoughtful person on the internet because of the positivity on Giantbomb. You (everyone, even YOU!), have collectively, changed me for the better. :D

OH! Also, POW

POW

KAPOW

#94 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

@mandude said:

I will murder you. I will cut you into meaty little chunks. I will feed those chunks to the dogs, and then I will cut the dogs up. When the various woodland animals are finished digesting the remains of your remains, I will fertilise crops with what's left, and then I will cut those crops down. I will .....

Actually, I think I might need some more practice with this.

You're pretty good with the knife.

#95 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

I find that most of the online relationships I have to be bittersweet. However, I give my respects and kindness to the individuals who has made my time here to be well worthwhile. I don't feel as lonely, though I very much am, and it feels great to be here in this great community of gamers. =-)

#96 Posted by Lucri (59 posts) -

You're all super keen! :D

#97 Posted by Zecks23 (150 posts) -

Thanks to everyone on the Giant Bomb Community! I don't actually interact with you all most but everytime I have it's been a great experience! Thanks Duders (And I realize this is kind of a post that others have posted before so thanks for the love from the duders before/after me posting similiar statements)

#98 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -
#99 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11587 posts) -

I find most of you tolerable!

#100 Posted by Nev (544 posts) -

I like some people here. They are quite okay.