#1 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

You know those ads which you watched either as a child or an adult for a product while the commercial/ad itself scares the living hell out of you? This is the topic where nightmares lay...

Welcome to the nightmare zone. First up, a very popular scary ad...

Yep... the PS3 Baby commercial, the entire thing feels as though the creators of it were on drugs and somehow the sony board of dudes didn't even notice this... somehow... First off, it has a doll... +10K creepy right there. It starts moving and having what looks like a siezure... times that 10K creepy with 100K WTF scaredness. Then we find out it has telepathic powers... why the hell does such a nightmarish being have such powers? WHY???

2nd, a Commercial I reviewed before. JOUST!!!

I know that this commercial may seem awesome at first... but watch the entire thing for the nightmare fuel to begn... seriously. I will wait...

SEE!!! WTF was that? Basically, this commercial is saying to us. if you put this game in your game system, knightst riding ostriches will come into your home and explode everything, leaving an egg behind which WILL make you one of the birds they are riding... that is insanely scary actually if you really think about it.

3, and finally, one which is not the scariest, but downright unsettling.

At first, my reaction was the same as the womans... scared shitless by whatever the hell THAT THING is that touched her face. The way it talks with how it move is so damn creepy that it HAS to be an alien under that thing... waiting to murder your ass once you buy the candy and go out into the parking lot.

Then we find out it is some kids on top of each others shoulders... however... anyone with a pulse has to admit, that this commercial would have been MUCH creepier if they ended it before the kids showed up.

Oh, and how the hell does ANYONE, espicially a little kid develop a voice so damn creepy as... that things is beyond even my comprehension.

What ads do you think are some of the most scary in existence?

#2 Posted by MikkaQ (10227 posts) -

This one gives me the fucking willies everytime, I don't know how this got past a single board meeting, but hey what do I know?

#3 Posted by DarthOrange (3498 posts) -

Cigarette commercials used to be pretty damn scary when you think about it in hindsight.

#4 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@MikkaQ: THE FUCK?????

Okay, I have to comment on the clip for how fucking insane it is.

Basically, some guy got a knife, looks like he could shank anyone any second, but instead does something creepier by creating a human/...something with human thumbs just to use A PHONE...

Question... where the hell did the thumbs come from??? dun DUN DUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!

#5 Posted by Enigma777 (6047 posts) -
#6 Edited by medacris (612 posts) -

One of the Call of Duty commercials unnerved me when I was younger. This flygirl talks about how she's supporting the troops, and you can only see her lips- you assume she's supporting the Allies, but as the camera pans out, you see there's a Nazi flag behind her. Nazis always made me more creeped out than any imaginary monster in a movie.

#7 Posted by BRich (428 posts) -

Back when Playstation ads were both creepy and awesome (from 2000).

#8 Posted by Bruce (5264 posts) -

@Jay444111:

#9 Posted by Red12b (9044 posts) -

playstation ads used to be FUCKED UP!

#10 Posted by NoCookiesForYou (737 posts) -

Never mess with pandas or they'll fuck you up!

#11 Posted by Vexxan (4600 posts) -

Woah, the one with the baby is seriously fucked up :o

#12 Posted by billyhoush (1187 posts) -

Did that Joust commercial actually air on TV? It's over 2 minutes long!

#13 Edited by phampire (265 posts) -

i love eccentric and slightly unsettling ads, the ps3 ones were too random to work. The panda cheese ads strike the right balance in the realm of creepy humor.

#14 Posted by GirlsGeneration (153 posts) -

@Bruce said:

@Jay444111:

omg lmfao That ad is awesome that guy sounds completely normal.... that would be cool to meet that guy one day -_- lol

#15 Posted by TheDudeOfGaming (6077 posts) -
@DarthOrange said:

Cigarette commercials used to be pretty damn scary when you think about it in hindsight.

Nah, they were, are and always will be awesome. heavy cough
#16 Posted by MikkaQ (10227 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@MikkaQ: THE FUCK?????

Okay, I have to comment on the clip for how fucking insane it is.

Basically, some guy got a knife, looks like he could shank anyone any second, but instead does something creepier by creating a human/...something with human thumbs just to use A PHONE...

Question... where the hell did the thumbs come from??? dun DUN DUUUUUUUNNNNN!!!!!

Do you really wanna know?

#17 Posted by Video_Game_King (34651 posts) -

Yea, those early PS3 commercials were creepy as hell. Although I'm glad that Kevin Butler's a thing, now, I still long for a day when he summons a PC using telepathic crows.

#18 Posted by NyxFe (248 posts) -

I miss the creepy burger king commercials featuring such antics as a dude waking up next to The King in his bed, finding him holding a burger at the ready. Amazing stuff.

#19 Posted by bybeach (4614 posts) -

@TheDudeOfGaming said:

@DarthOrange said:

Nah, they were, are and always will be awesome. heavy cough

Those were the days when ignorance was bliss. And I always liked Wilmas backside. Betty was pretty hot period.

#20 Posted by Dain22 (309 posts) -

@Bruce said:

@Jay444111:I stil

I still find this to be one of the most creepy, unsettling and disturbing ad campaigns I've ever seen. Everything reeks of discomfort and exploitation.

#21 Edited by TentPole (1858 posts) -

The scariest thing to come from the Resident Evil series. Nemesis and window popping zombie dog be damned.

NSFW

#22 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@MikkaQ: ...How in the hell does someone NOT notice that their thumbs are missing instantly? That dude deserves not to have thumbs if he is to much of a dumbass not to notice that his damn thumbs are GONE.

If I woke up without thumbs, I would fucking know it instantly. That man must have some sort of massive ADD problems.

#23 Posted by MikkaQ (10227 posts) -

@Jay444111 said:

@MikkaQ: ...How in the hell does someone NOT notice that their thumbs are missing instantly? That dude deserves not to have thumbs if he is to much of a dumbass not to notice that his damn thumbs are GONE.

If I woke up without thumbs, I would fucking know it instantly. That man must have some sort of massive ADD problems.

Maybe it's subtle commentary on how the video game and smartphone generations are blind to the world around them. So.. buy our phone. Or something,

#24 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

@TentPole: Wat... okay... I have no clue on what to think of this right now... I... don't...

Now then, I do have another video. This is a stretch, but I found it messed up. IMO.

Now, I know people are thinking why this ad is scary, now. I want you guys to think about this for a second, every, single, time, you eat into a Hershey product, you are destroying a civilization of chocolate people who are just trying to celebrate Christmas. Imagine melting for a second, now think about what these poor being have to deal with every single time you buy a piece of chocolate, they most likely are singing because they KNOW they are going to die sooner or later so they can somehow have some sembelance of life by just trying to ignore it until the very end...

Okay... I am looking WAY into this... but you know what... I like doing that. Makes things more interesting.

#25 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3032 posts) -

That Resident Evil 4 one was pretty well fucked up.

#26 Posted by Penzilneck (423 posts) -

Nothing to do with games, and not really unsettling, but simply startling. I wonder if there were any problems around these ads because of people with heart conditions.

#27 Posted by Jay444111 (2441 posts) -

Well people, I found another commercial that disturbed the shit out of me while watching the new hulu commercial with Will Arnett. Warning... it is kinda fucked up.

#28 Posted by hinderk (683 posts) -

This one always used to creep me out for some reason.

#29 Posted by jerseyscum (852 posts) -

This aired on Canadian TV...so it's probably safe for work. I think.

#30 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1400 posts) -

@jerseyscum: holy shitt that was fucked upp

#31 Posted by crusader8463 (14326 posts) -

@jerseyscum: Ya those work place safety ad's always give me the chills. It's the screams that do it.

#32 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

@jerseyscum said:

This aired on Canadian TV...so it's probably safe for work. I think.

Really, Canada? Who in the hell thought that was a good idea? That's terrifying.

#33 Posted by jerseyscum (852 posts) -

Oh I got some more good ones :)

The second ad was actually directed by Darren Aronofsky! (Pi, Requeiem for a Dream and that shitty Fountain movie)

#34 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3032 posts) -

It's the Resident Evil 4 one for me.

#35 Posted by Dagbiker (6899 posts) -
#36 Posted by mandude (2667 posts) -

Not exactly scary, but it was unsettling to see whilst trying to enjoy a nice comedy movie.

#37 Posted by TheFreeMan (2712 posts) -

Seriously, though, the workplace safety one with the kitchen is real horrifying, jeez.

#38 Posted by LordJezo (80 posts) -

The classic Canadian domestic abuse PSA.

#39 Posted by ShaggE (5997 posts) -

Not truly scary, but definitely bizarre and creepy.

#40 Posted by InternetCrab (1504 posts) -
#41 Posted by Lucifer (263 posts) -

What. The. Fuck.

#42 Posted by Castiel (2421 posts) -

@Lucifer said:

What. The. Fuck.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#43 Posted by stryker1121 (1241 posts) -

That RE4 commercial..if an ad man in the U.S. came up w/ that, he would've been reprimanded for the very idea. We're just a tad more prudish 'round these parts. The PS3 doll commercial takes the creepiness cake out of all of em, though. I'm gonna need to check under the bed tonight.