Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#51  Edited By Megalon
@Suicrat said:
" @Megalon: No, I can't name a government that doesn't intervene in economics. That's why I'm not satisfied with any of the governments I have yet encountered! A government's job is to govern, that is, to ban the initiation of force to insure all interactions that occur within a society are peaceful. Governance has nothing to do with dictating what components a television, a car, or a house has. Those are goods produced by people, to be traded with people, these are things the marketplace can decide. Obviously to see this change in government attitudes and responsibilities is a much bigger problem than this one law, but this one law does nothing to ameliorate the problem of excessive government intervention. Now, obviously you didn't read the article because the industry spokesman they quoted said that voluntary action was already moving this issue forward, and that a law is not needed. "
Don't you think maybe just for a second that if you can't name one government that fits your ideal, that maybe your ideal is maybe a little off base? Forget an actual working government, just name a type. Dude, there are a lot of them! Look:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_forms_of_government 

Governance has everything to do with setting policy. Policy will have an impact on the economy. There isn't any way around it. The marketplace is very important, but frankly, the marketplace doesn't give a shit about people or the environment. Neither do consumers, on the whole. That's why there needs to be policy regarding energy consumption.  

And, of course an "industry spokesman" said that. Why would they say otherwise? If they're already moving forward with this, then the law should not effect them in the least. If they are not, then the law will affect them and help them along in "moving forward". 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Suicrat

No, that is not true at all. When a person commits a crime I want the government to step in.

I don't give carte blanche to anyone. But I have no reason not to take any contributor to the article this thread is about at their word for the moment.

I don't like it when governments spend resources writing laws to solve miniscule problems, when the crime rate in California is still higher than zero, and the massive amounts of fraud that was committed during the Bush Administration in California (and every other state with a significant financial sector) is not being punished, but instead being rewarded with bailouts! I am not opposed to government action, I just want that action to be focused on governing the initiation of force! Something the California State Legislature is doing a shitty-ass job of!

When governments become micromanagers, they lose sight of their core responsibilities. This is the problem I'm trying to address.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Suicrat
@Megalon: By that same logic, why not doubt every single thing a member of government has to say every time the government seizes more power? If you're going to be skeptical of all people, then why stop short at government employees? Are you afraid of the power they wield? I doubt that, since you seem ready to hand over ever greater responsibility to them.

My ideal is not off base, my ideal has driven humanity forward, and it is coercive entities (governments, individuals, and others) that have held us back.

Energy consumption has nothing to do with the environment. California derives very little of its power from any source that produces pollution.

And no, for fuck's sakes, carbon is not a pollutant.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By Megalon
@Suicrat said:
" @Megalon: By that same logic, why not doubt every single thing a member of government has to say every time the government seizes more power? If you're going to be skeptical of all people, then why stop short at government employees? Are you afraid of the power they wield? I doubt that, since you seem ready to hand over ever greater responsibility to them. My ideal is not off base, my ideal has driven humanity forward, and it is coercive entities (governments, individuals, and others) that have held us back.  Energy consumption has nothing to do with the environment. California derives very little of its power from any source that produces pollution.  And no, for fuck's sakes, carbon is not a pollutant. "
I'm not sure I need to say much in response to your apparent craziness, so I'll keep it short. 

Your ideal really sounds like you want to "bring it to the man", regardless of who the "man" is and what the intentions are of said "man".  

Energy consumption has everything to do with the environment, dude. I'm not sure what planet you're from, but here on Earth we derive many of our energy sources from the environment, and sometimes the waste from these energy sources harms the environment. Sometimes this harm is short-term, sometimes it is long-term. We use stuff that does both.  

I am aware that the element carbon is not a pollutant. However, the combustion of carbon compounds produces various things that are considered pollutants. So, things like coal and oil give rise to pollutants. Look, I even have a reference, which has links to even more references!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollutant 

I can assure you, the "man" had nothing to do with making this source. 
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Suicrat
@Megalon: Coal emits carbon. It doesn't emit sulfur, it doesn't emit CFC's, it emits carbon. Therefore burning washed coal (not the stuff they use in China, but the stuff you use in the U.S.) does not pollute.

And besides, if emissions are the problem you want to address, then the energy efficiency of a television is a drop in that bucket.

And no, I'm not crazy. Production has made continued human life on earth possible, coercion has served to hamper human life on earth. This is the essence of what I'm driving at not "We should all have TVs that cost an arm and a leg to turn on!" Don't believe me? Ask Californian farmers how they feel about government control of the water supply.

Where do you go off using phrases like "the man"? I'm not a conspiracy theorist nut-job, just someone opposed to excessive government intervention into human life! There is a sizable gap between these two viewpoints!
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#56  Edited By Kr3lian

I love how the anarcho-capitalists love to dance around the fact that government (at least in much of the developed world) is by the people.

We voted for them because we want those laws, numbnuts.  Sorry that your crazy untenable views aren't held by most grown-ups.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By Suicrat
@Kr3lian said:
" I love how the anarcho-capitalists love to dance around the fact that government (at least in much of the developed world) is by the people.  We voted for them because we want those laws, numbnuts.  Sorry that your crazy untenable views aren't held by most grown-ups. "
Unlimited majority rule is not a blank cheque on the minority's lives.

If that's really the attitude you take toward electoral politics, just be glad none of the choices you make are yet subject to majority approval.
Megalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Megalon
@Suicrat said:
" @Megalon: Coal emits carbon. It doesn't emit sulfur, it doesn't emit CFC's, it emits carbon. Therefore burning washed coal (not the stuff they use in China, but the stuff you use in the U.S.) does not pollute.  And besides, if emissions are the problem you want to address, then the energy efficiency of a television is a drop in that bucket.  And no, I'm not crazy. Production has made continued human life on earth possible, coercion has served to hamper human life on earth. This is the essence of what I'm driving at not "We should all have TVs that cost an arm and a leg to turn on!" Don't believe me? Ask Californian farmers how they feel about government control of the water supply. Where do you go off using phrases like "the man"? I'm not a conspiracy theorist nut-job, just someone opposed to excessive government intervention into human life! There is a sizable gap between these two viewpoints! "
Coal emits various carbon compounds that are absolutely considered pollutants, as well as sulfur and a bunch of other stuff that are also considered pollutants. Most of the coal from the U.S. has at least 1% sulfur (the "best" of which is the sub-bituminous coal mined from Wyoming, Montana, and Pennsylvania). Coal liquefaction is better than some other ways to use coal, but it does not result in zero emissions in use, regardless of what methods are used to capture the byproducts. The liquefaction process itself causes the release of greenhouse gasses as well. Coal (and all carbon-based energy sources that are used in combustion) pollutes. It's not disputed anywhere but in your head, dude.  

This whole discussion is getting off topic, and I'm a bit tired of disputing your claims with facts.
Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#59  Edited By Feser
@Megalon said:
" @Suicrat said:
" @Megalon: By that same logic, why not doubt every single thing a member of government has to say every time the government seizes more power? If you're going to be skeptical of all people, then why stop short at government employees? Are you afraid of the power they wield? I doubt that, since you seem ready to hand over ever greater responsibility to them. My ideal is not off base, my ideal has driven humanity forward, and it is coercive entities (governments, individuals, and others) that have held us back.  Energy consumption has nothing to do with the environment. California derives very little of its power from any source that produces pollution.  And no, for fuck's sakes, carbon is not a pollutant. "
I'm not sure I need to say much in response to your apparent craziness, so I'll keep it short. 

Your ideal really sounds like you want to "bring it to the man", regardless of who the "man" is and what the intentions are of said "man".  

Energy consumption has everything to do with the environment, dude. I'm not sure what planet you're from, but here on Earth we derive many of our energy sources from the environment, and sometimes the waste from these energy sources harms the environment. Sometimes this harm is short-term, sometimes it is long-term. We use stuff that does both.  

I am aware that the element carbon is not a pollutant. However, the combustion of carbon compounds produces various things that are considered pollutants. So, things like coal and oil give rise to pollutants. Look, I even have a reference, which has links to even more references!  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pollutant  I can assure you, the "man" had nothing to do with making this source.  "

Call me crazy as well, for I also believe in the maximization of free choice. You see I think people are smart enough to make their products more efficient especially when they know their competitors have that same idea in mind. Since companies are travelling in that direction (green technology), and because I don't want to hinder that with governmant mandates, I and everyone else who aggrees is a lunatic? Maybe this mandate will not hinder the advancement of eco technology, let's say it will even help it, but it and a countless pattern of government intervention will damage business; business that is needed for research of said eco technology.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Suicrat
@Megalon said:
" @Suicrat said:
" @Megalon: Coal emits carbon. It doesn't emit sulfur, it doesn't emit CFC's, it emits carbon. Therefore burning washed coal (not the stuff they use in China, but the stuff you use in the U.S.) does not pollute.  And besides, if emissions are the problem you want to address, then the energy efficiency of a television is a drop in that bucket.  And no, I'm not crazy. Production has made continued human life on earth possible, coercion has served to hamper human life on earth. This is the essence of what I'm driving at not "We should all have TVs that cost an arm and a leg to turn on!" Don't believe me? Ask Californian farmers how they feel about government control of the water supply. Where do you go off using phrases like "the man"? I'm not a conspiracy theorist nut-job, just someone opposed to excessive government intervention into human life! There is a sizable gap between these two viewpoints! "
Coal emits various carbon compounds that are absolutely considered pollutants, as well as sulfur and a bunch of other stuff that are also considered pollutants. Most of the coal from the U.S. has at least 1% sulfur (the "best" of which is the sub-bituminous coal mined from Wyoming, Montana, and Pennsylvania). Coal liquefaction is better than some other ways to use coal, but it does not result in zero emissions in use, regardless of what methods are used to capture the byproducts. The liquefaction process itself causes the release of greenhouse gasses as well. Coal (and all carbon-based energy sources that are used in combustion) pollutes. It's not disputed anywhere but in your head, dude.   This whole discussion is getting off topic, and I'm a bit tired of disputing your claims with facts. "
Conspicuously avoiding the argument I made about government control of the California water supply, which is actually on the topic at hand. Since the topic at hand is excessive control over government intervention in economics

While the emissions of fossil fuels are more tangibly deleterious to human health than the (total lack of) emissions of "green" sources of energy, making sure televisions are more energy efficient isn't going to cause a fall in cancer rates, it isn't going to achieve anything worthwhile. There are more important things for a government to focus on. Why not address the points that relate to the topic at hand, instead of picking apart my (admittedly weak) grasp of chemistry?
dagas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#61  Edited By dagas

The TV makers have managed to lower the wattage usage on plasmas by 50 % since 2007 and they will continue to make them more effecient. I see no need for this. The law should be based on power usage not screen size.

Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Feser
@Kr3lian said:
"I love how the anarcho-capitalists love to dance around the fact that government (at least in much of the developed world) is by the people.  We voted for them because we want those laws, numbnuts.  Sorry that your crazy untenable views aren't held by most grown-ups. "

And how would you feel if crazy anarcho-capitalists won 50.1% of the vote?
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Kr3lian
@Feser: Well, supposing that the resultant laws (or lack thereof) did not directly contradict the constitution, I guess I would have to either live with it or leave the country.  One thing is for sure, I would be whining on video game message boards about it like a spoiled baby.

Edit: I wasn't exactly thrilled with the W Bush era, by the way.  Still here.  Still voting.
Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I wonder if HD projectors count? I play on a 100 inch screen in 1080p, and there is no way I would ever want to downgrade.

rateoforange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#65  Edited By rateoforange

Personally I'm just glad this is happening at the state level. As far as I'm concerned states can do whatever they want.

Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By Suicrat
@Kr3lian said:
" @Feser: Well, supposing that the resultant laws (or lack thereof) did not directly contradict the constitution, I guess I would have to either live with it or leave the country.  One thing is for sure, I would be whining on video game message boards about it like a spoiled baby. "
If you were actually concerned with the Constitution of your country, you would be opposed to the existence of the Department of Education, the Federal Communications Commission, The Federal Reserve System, and the IRS, not blindly supporting any law passed by a government that had a mandate based on pluality (50%+1 of the population of the U.S. hasn't elected any government or legislature in the U.S. in the last century-plus).
Feser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Feser
@Kr3lian said:
"@Feser: Well, supposing that the resultant laws (or lack thereof) did not directly contradict the constitution, I guess I would have to either live with it or leave the country.  One thing is for sure, I would be whining on video game message boards about it like a spoiled baby.  Edit: I wasn't exactly thrilled with the W Bush era, by the way.  Still here.  Still voting. "

Many people weren't too happy with G.W. era, even conservatives like me, but I am glad you stayed around. Now please leave me alone as I cry.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Suicrat
@Megalon: 
 Okay, dude. I need to clarify my points here, because I come off looking like an idiot with respect to carbon emissions. I am glad you acknowledged that carbon alone is not a pollutant, that some of its compounds are (Such as Carbon Sulfide). I freely admit in discussions on chemistry, I am at a loss, we can't really have a "debate" about the facts of chemistry on the internet, chemical outcomes are a matter of observational data, not debate. I do wonder, though whether you conform to the belief that carbon-dioxide (CO2, not CO1) should be considered a "pollutant" by legislators.

I ask this for the same reason I brought up what seems like a side issue, the California drought. That is an example of government interventions in economics to serve ecological ends that have disastrous ecological results. My points before (though they were neither clearly organized nor stated effectively, and I apologize for that) are related to the premise (as yet, unproven) that government interventions in economics for the sake of ecology do not seem to have beneficial outcomes.

Let's apply it in specific terms, what happens to those televisions, or those components of the televisions that serve to contravene the energy-efficiency standards? Sure, this law would "phase out" the manufactured goods that contravene the law over time, but what happens if retailers have unsold stock by the time the televisions come into place? What is seen is they don't get sold. What is not seen is the greenhouse emissions caused by the transport to either a: a landfill, where they cause further ecological harm by eating up finite landfill space, or b: transported to other jurisdictions (for example Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Mexico, or heaven forbid the transport emits further greenhouse gases by being shipped across the Pacific, or flown across the Continental United States!) My point is, the argument for government power from the environment is a tangled mess, unless the laws passed serve to strengthen property laws and deter tragedies-of-the-commons, such as passing laws that stipulate that pollution of certain chemical compounds over a person's house, business, or park; or water pollution that kills the fish on a fisherman's water-borne property (unfortunately, such a concept has limited purchase in modern political systems, but hey, democracy might one day change that) is subject to specific criminal or civil penalties. But enacting laws that declare something to the effect of "No [insert item harmful to the environment here] after [insert date here]" only serve to shift environmental problems geographically and socially, instead of actually doing anything about them. 
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#69  Edited By jakob187
@TwoOneFive said:
" @L1D3N said:
" This coming from a guy that drives around gas guzzling Hummers? Lol what a Hypocrite. Go back to  Austria. "
dude youre a little dated with you facts there pal "
Doesn't matter.  Muthafucker STILL drove a gas guzzling Hummer.  I believe people can change, but if it weren't for the fact that he's in politics, he would still be driving that tank!
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By ryanwho

I like this. Now the people constantly mouthing off about what other people should be doing to help the world can put some money where their mouth is. I fully support anything that negatively impacts the upper crust because I'm a bitter cunt here at the lower tier. 
And dismissing a policy because its a "drop in the bucket" is just ignorant. The general public would be outraged at a large sweeping policy, the way you solve this climate problems at the civilian level is one "drop" at a time. It all adds up.

yakov456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#71  Edited By yakov456
@TwoOneFive said:
" Dude, theres this guy on PSN called Big Duke 6, and he does the most amazing and hilarious Schwarzenegger impression ever. I swear to you guys. he always plays cod4. He ALWAYS talks like Arnold, and he nevers misses a beat. He is relentless, he never slips up. From the second he joins your party, till he signs off he is ARNOLD!  And its not just the funny accent, the TONE of his voice is dead on dude. I always invite him to my party, and then while we play, everyone starts dying laughing and they're all like OMFG is it really fucking Arnold playing COD4 on PS3 in the california governors mansion?!?!?? Dude he'll have you in tears within  minutes.  One of the funniest things he does is, he says very calmly and assertive, everytime he kills somebody he says "TERMINATED".  add him dude, he really is the big duke.  and he will have you laughing all night long.  "
I'm curious. Sounds like a good time.
Suicrat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Suicrat
@ryanwho said:
" I like this. Now the people constantly mouthing off about what other people should be doing to help the world can put some money where their mouth is. I fully support anything that negatively impacts the upper crust because I'm a bitter cunt here at the lower tier. And dismissing a policy because its a "drop in the bucket" is just ignorant. The general public would be outraged at a large sweeping policy, the way you solve this climate problems at the civilian level is one "drop" at a time. It all adds up. "
Read my post on this page if you really want to pursue that line of discussion.
j_meyer_13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By j_meyer_13
@Snipzor said:
" @Blair said:

" @Snipzor said:

" Plus television screens larger than 40" are quite excessive. "
Excessive is defined by the consumer, not you, or government. "
Fair enough, my family bought one, we regret it. It's fucking excessive.  

I'll trade you for my 20" CRT.   ;)

Not living in California, I don't care too much... but wouldn't it be a better idea to add an extra tax to anything over 40", which they could use to stop the blackouts plaguing the Giant Bomb offices?
Avatar image for pirate_republic
pirate_republic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#74  Edited By pirate_republic

I agree, 40+ is just ridiculous. If the government doesn't do something, no one will.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By iam3green

dang that is crazy. i think they should have said 42" or more as there are barely any 40" LCD .  maybe they should look for something more energy use like hummers.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#76  Edited By sjschmidt93

Hmmm.... they may stop selling them in CA but anyone who already has one I think you'll be just fine.

Avatar image for lilburtonboy7489
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@wordsgohere said:
" I don't see anything wrong with this.  Maybe because I read the article. "
@Kr3lian said:
" @wordsgohere said:
" I don't see anything wrong with this.  Maybe because I read the article. "
Exactly.  OP didn't even read the f-ing article.  They aren't banning sets, they are setting minimum efficiency standards that most sets already meet.  But hey, it's way easier to knock down straw men and get with the histrionics. "
@onimonkii said:
" that's not what he's claiming at all though, to me it seems like he's just upset at the headline "
@Megalon said:
" @Suicrat  People were giving the TC a hard time because of the misleading headline, and the fact that he and many other probably didn't even read the article. "
I didn't even make up the headline. I copied and pasted the headline from the article. 
lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@Kr3lian said:
" I love how the anarcho-capitalists love to dance around the fact that government (at least in much of the developed world) is by the people.  We voted for them because we want those laws, numbnuts.  Sorry that your crazy untenable views aren't held by most grown-ups. "
I didn't vote for any of these people. The power lies in the majority, so don't give me that shit that the government is "by the people". And name one time when I have EVER danced around that subject.  

I don't even know what views of mine you are talking about. But the statement you just made commits the ad populum fallacy. The fact that most grown ups don't hold my views has nothing to do with the validity of my views. You have a P.H.D correct? Every get around to taking a logic class? 

And if you keep spamming on threads, I'll paste the emails on economics you sent me a while back, which are embarrassing to say the least. 
jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By jeffgoldblum

Wasn't he the one who popularized Hummers as commercial vehicles?

Talk about energy-guzzling...
 Talk about energy-guzzling...
RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#80  Edited By RHCPfan24

It's funny how the Governator is labeled as a Republican but gets more liberal each passing day....

allah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By allah
@RHCPfan24 said:
"It's funny how the Governator is labeled as a Republican but gets more liberal each passing day.... "

wat is ur avatar about?
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By ryanwho
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Kr3lian said:
I didn't vote for any of these people. The power lies in the majority, so don't give me that shit that the government is "by the people". And name one time when I have EVER danced around that subject.   I don't even know what views of mine you are talking about. But the statement you just made commits the ad populum fallacy. The fact that most grown ups don't hold my views has nothing to do with the validity of my views. You have a P.H.D correct? Every get around to taking a logic class?  And if you keep spamming on threads, I'll paste the emails on economics you sent me a while back, which are embarrassing to say the least.  "
Please do explain how placating the majority isn't power to the people.
Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Famov
@ryanwho said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Kr3lian said:
I didn't vote for any of these people. The power lies in the majority, so don't give me that shit that the government is "by the people". And name one time when I have EVER danced around that subject.   I don't even know what views of mine you are talking about. But the statement you just made commits the ad populum fallacy. The fact that most grown ups don't hold my views has nothing to do with the validity of my views. You have a P.H.D correct? Every get around to taking a logic class?  And if you keep spamming on threads, I'll paste the emails on economics you sent me a while back, which are embarrassing to say the least.  "
Please do explain how placating the majority isn't power to the people. "

James Madison said it better than I: "tyranny of the majority". Protecting people's rights is far more important than 'placating the majority'. That is why we do not have referendums to change the US constitution. It is why a bunch of elitist New Englanders cannot write the second amendment out of the Bill of Rights because they were able to scare the populace into wanting it.
woodtsunami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By woodtsunami
@TwoOneFive said:
" Dude, theres this guy on PSN called Big Duke 6, and he does the most amazing and hilarious Schwarzenegger impression ever. I swear to you guys. he always plays cod4. He ALWAYS talks like Arnold, and he nevers misses a beat. He is relentless, he never slips up. From the second hmelle joins your party, till he signs off he is ARNOLD!  And its not just the funny accent, the TONE of his voice is dead on dude. I always invite him to my party, and then while we play, everyone starts dying laughing and they're all like OMFG is it really fucking Arnold playing COD4 on PS3 in the california governors mansion?!?!?? Dude he'll have you in tears within  minutes.  One of the funniest things he does is, he says very calmly and assertive, everytime he kills somebody he says "TERMINATED".  add him dude, he really is the big duke.  and he will have you laughing all night long.  "
I think I smell a troll...
stonyman65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By stonyman65

Awesome.  First guns, now TVs?  Whats next?  

Hey Arnie - Can you ban Burger King too?  It should be illegal because it made me fat.

Alex_Murphy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Alex_Murphy

WTF??!?
If I'm paying for the electricity I should be able to do whatever I want with it. But Cali has a lot of crazy laws out there, like how you can't own .50 caliber rifles.

THE_END

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By THE_END

I have a 42 inch plasma TV connected to my PS3 in the Living Room.........thankfully I do not live in California.

lilburtonboy7489

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By lilburtonboy7489
@ryanwho said:
" @lilburtonboy7489 said:
" @Kr3lian said:
Please do explain how placating the majority isn't power to the people. "
It's power to some people...those who are in the majority. Majority rule doesn't give individuals liberty, it gives a certain group liberty. I, being in the minority, had no power over what is happening.  

Is that too hard to understand?
Kr3lian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Kr3lian
@lilburtonboy7489 said:
 And if you keep spamming on threads, I'll paste the emails on economics you sent me a while back, which are embarrassing to say the least.  "

I'm sorry you were so embarrassed.  The reason I sent them to you privately was to prevent you from being embarrassed.  If posting those messages will help to relieve your embarrassment, you are more than welcome.  But please post your responses as well, so all zero people that read them will have the proper context :)
bjorno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#90  Edited By bjorno

from my cold dead hands

Snipzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers