• 52 results
  • 1
  • 2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -

hire him and maybe the podcast would be funny once again, that is all

#2 Posted by DonChipotle (2781 posts) -
#3 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

@Retro_Clone: yeah..... no

@VelvetLore04: Your avatar is brilliant, I love that film!

#4 Posted by S0ndor (2716 posts) -

Scott Bromley tries way too hard, and almost always fails to be funny.

#5 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
 
funny jokes!
#6 Posted by left4doof (286 posts) -

I like him enough to be sorry for him loosing his job and I think he can be funny

#7 Posted by DonChipotle (2781 posts) -
@ErrorOperator said: 

@VelvetLore04: Your avatar is brilliant, I love that film!

High five!
#8 Posted by mnzy (2915 posts) -

Who is that?

#9 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4627 posts) -
@S0ndor said:
Scott Bromley tries way too hard, and almost always fails to be funny.
This. I wouldn't go so far as to say I hate his whole existence or anything, but he does get on my nerves sometimes.
#10 Posted by GunslingerPanda (4826 posts) -

Who?

Online
#11 Posted by Hot_Sawce (66 posts) -

Bromley is a turd and is not a fit for Giant Bomb.

#12 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -

ahh i see, ya  got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB

#13 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:
ahh i see, ya  got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB
Bromley looks about 17 so fuck him. We need that shit to look illegal, not barely legal.
#14 Posted by Da_Madness (69 posts) -

Bring back Putnam Whiple!
 
Giant Bomb would be all the more awesome (which is very hard to be any more awesome than it currently is) having Bromley.

#15 Edited by Wacomole (830 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:

ahh i see, ya  got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB

Vinny, Dave and Alex will, no doubt, thank you for the "you look 16" compliment.
 
BTW who is Scott Bromley?
#16 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -

"If Samus is pregnant and go into morph ball mode, what happen to baby?  
Thank you"  
 
also wasnt talking about those 3 just Patrick...Vinny is the only cool person on GB. Alex would be better without him

#17 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

@Retro_Clone said:

ahh i see, ya got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8&feature=related

Really? Guess you gotta look queer (nice hair / shades / shirt "bro") and walk like a chick (not including bitching/whining like one) to be on IGN? Clearly I prefer the "mature" adults talking about video games on GB then what I linked..

I'm guessing he lost his job at IGN..hhmm..if yes, then they made a smart decision ;P

#18 Posted by Bigrhyno (505 posts) -

@mnzy said:

Who is that?
#19 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4627 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:

"also wasnt talking about those 3 just Patrick...Vinny is the only cool person on GB. Alex would be better without him

...he was making a point. He knows you weren't talking about them. He was trying to get across that they work at Giant Bomb (and Whiskey Media as a whole I guess...) and they don't fit into the 'fat' category obviously so therefore they must fit into the 'looks 16' category and people sometimes like it when they look younger than they are since no one likes to look 'old' more or less
 
And what do you mean Alex would be better without him? What does that even mean? they were never a 'team' to begin with. Their jobs/departments were completely different.
#20 Posted by Wacomole (830 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:
also wasnt talking about those 3 just Patrick...Vinny is the only cool person on GB. Alex would be better without him
But you JUST stated that the criteria for being on the Giant Bomb Bombcast was to be "overweight or look 16", yet you're now saying you were not talking about three of the participants that completely nullify your criteria?  Which is it?
#21 Posted by ErrorOperator (458 posts) -

When did Scott Bromley get fired!?

#22 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -
@Khadyn said:

@Retro_Clone said:

ahh i see, ya got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8&feature=related

Really? Guess you gotta look queer (nice hair / shades / shirt "bro") and walk like a chick (not including bitching/whining like one) to be on IGN? Clearly I prefer the "mature" adults talking about video games on GB then what I linked..

I'm guessing he lost his job at IGN..hhmm..if yes, then they made a smart decision ;P

lol someone is jealous, hey dont fault him for showering everyday and looking like he actually takes care of himself.... 
 
hey look i can make funny icons also 8==>
#23 Posted by ryanwho (12082 posts) -

I hope he can make that moisturizer last until his unemployment check arrives.

#24 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -
@MoleyUK said:
@Retro_Clone said:
also wasnt talking about those 3 just Patrick...Vinny is the only cool person on GB. Alex would be better without him
But you JUST stated that the criteria for being on the Giant Bomb Bombcast was to be "overweight or look 16", yet you're now saying you were not talking about three of the participants that completely nullify your criteria?  Which is it?
idk im hungry
#25 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4627 posts) -
@ErrorOperator said:

When did Scott Bromley get fired!?

Last week I think.
 
Also, this thread is turning into one giant childish argument and fast so it's flag time I guess.
#26 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy said:
@ErrorOperator said:

When did Scott Bromley get fired!?

Last week I think.  Also, this thread is turning into one giant childish argument and fast so it's flag time I guess.
was wondering when that was going to happen, god forbid people actually bitch abouit something on GB. 
#27 Posted by Crono11 (1650 posts) -
@ErrorOperator said:

When did Scott Bromley get fired!?

Last Thursday. Him and Will Tuttle got fired. I don't know who else did.  
 
I really like the Gamespy Debriefings but I don't think Bromley would really fit in on Giant Bomb.  
#28 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -

Ha, Scott Bromley's annoying as hell. He'd only bring the Bombcast down, not to mention he insulted the Bombcast guys on the Debriefings 2-3 months ago.

#29 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
Ha, Scott Bromley's annoying as hell. He'd only bring the Bombcast down, not to mention he insulted the Bombcast guys on the Debriefings 2-3 months ago.
nice can i get a episode number please
#30 Posted by Wacomole (830 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:
@PrimeSynergy said:
@ErrorOperator said:

When did Scott Bromley get fired!?

Last week I think.  Also, this thread is turning into one giant childish argument and fast so it's flag time I guess.
was wondering when that was going to happen, god forbid people actually bitch abouit something on GB. 
People bitch about stuff all the time here.  Just don't be surprised when people want you to actually justify what you're bitching about..
#31 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
Ha, Scott Bromley's annoying as hell. He'd only bring the Bombcast down, not to mention he insulted the Bombcast guys on the Debriefings 2-3 months ago.
nice can i get a episode number please
It was actually 6 months ago. 
 
And are you a troll or something? You obviously don't like the Bombcast or the staff, yet you feel the need to childishly insult them and make a thread about how much the Bombcast sucks. 
#32 Posted by FreakAche (2954 posts) -

Was he ever on IGN's Nintendo podcast? I'm not entirely sure who this guy is.

#33 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -

i never said the bombcast sucks

#34 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4627 posts) -
@FluxWaveZ said:
@Retro_Clone said:
@FluxWaveZ said:
Ha, Scott Bromley's annoying as hell. He'd only bring the Bombcast down, not to mention he insulted the Bombcast guys on the Debriefings 2-3 months ago.
nice can i get a episode number please
It was actually 6 months ago.
To be fair, like the week after that podcast, Bromley came out and said he was talking about the 4playerpodcast or w/e it's called. he said he actually like the Giant Bomb guys and wasn't even thinking of them when he made the joke.
#35 Posted by FluxWaveZ (19367 posts) -
@PrimeSynergy said: 
To be fair, like the week after that podcast, Bromley came out and said he was talking about the 4playerpodcast or w/e it's called. he said he actually like the Giant Bomb guys and wasn't even thinking of them when he made the joke.
My bad, then. 
 
@Retro_Clone said:
i never said the bombcast sucks

hire him and maybe the podcast would be funny once again, that is all

Maybe it's just me, but that seems like a pretty explicit implication.
#36 Posted by Khadyn (228 posts) -

@Retro_Clone said:

@Khadyn said:

@Retro_Clone said:

ahh i see, ya got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8&feature=related

Really? Guess you gotta look queer (nice hair / shades / shirt "bro") and walk like a chick (not including bitching/whining like one) to be on IGN? Clearly I prefer the "mature" adults talking about video games on GB then what I linked..

I'm guessing he lost his job at IGN..hhmm..if yes, then they made a smart decision ;P

lol someone is jealous, hey dont fault him for showering everyday and looking like he actually takes care of himself.... hey look i can make funny icons also 8==>

Me jealous? Not even close. Just find it funny you bash GB with comments like overweight and look 16 (hhmm..any guesses who he is referring to?) but at the same time you want some guy who enjoys making himself look like an ass (and no he is NOT funny) to be on the GB crew. Guess we can say I'm confused where your going with this whole thread "hire him and maybe the podcast would be funny once again, that is all" by explaining WHY your even making a thread or that I didn't know the podcast had to be funny 100% of the time.

#37 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -

i said it would be  funny again, not that it sucks... it's just not funny anymore

#38 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -
@Bigrhyno said:

@mnzy said:

Who is that?
#39 Posted by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

@Retro_Clone:

#40 Posted by Retro_Clone (49 posts) -
@RE_Player92 said:

@Retro_Clone:

Supermensa forum member?
#41 Posted by DonutFever (3553 posts) -

I love that guy, not a great fit for GB. He should do his own podcast, Rebel FM style.

#42 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

Not seeing it. Scott can be funny at times, but I don't even know that the GB guys know him well enough to make that a possibility. With Patrick, every last one of them knew Patrick from years of work.

#43 Edited by RE_Player1 (7563 posts) -

Yo I think Robin Williams would be good on the bombcast. Dude can bring the funnyz and he likes Zelda. EPIC WIN!!

#44 Posted by eldiax (632 posts) -
@Khadyn said:

@Retro_Clone said:

ahh i see, ya got to be overweight or look 16 to be on GB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cJNpPN6AO8&feature=related

Really? Guess you gotta look queer (nice hair / shades / shirt "bro") and walk like a chick (not including bitching/whining like one) to be on IGN? Clearly I prefer the "mature" adults talking about video games on GB then what I linked..

I'm guessing he lost his job at IGN..hhmm..if yes, then they made a smart decision ;P

Did he just diss Chocobos? What a heartless man. Don't want those anywhere near my GB.
#45 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@Retro_Clone: guess what- it's still funny and good.  So go find your own playground asshat.
#46 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -
@Retro_Clone said:
"If Samus is pregnant and go into morph ball mode, what happen to baby?  Thank you"
- Brian Altano 
#47 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -

@RE_Player92 said:

@Retro_Clone:

Why did it take this long for someone to figure this out?

#48 Posted by AlisterCat (5629 posts) -

Arguing subjective opinion on comedy on a forum. Nothing good can come from this. One of the many reasons I hate the internet.

#49 Posted by mfpantst (2574 posts) -
@RE_Player92: the knee rub at the end of that still creeps me.
#50 Posted by BabyChooChoo (4627 posts) -
@RE_Player92: Wow...that video made me cringe