Scratchy Throat

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

Edited By lordofultima

So last night something was bugging me. I bite my nails quite frequently and usually spit them out in random areas. So apparently I forgot to spit one out, and it got lodged in my throat. Now, this has happened before, with nail, pencil shaving, and those little popcorn flakes -- so I didn't think anything of it. It would just disappear, wash down, or cough up. But it's still there chilling in my throat a day later.

It's not such an amazing hindrance that I can't breathe, but I'm pretty sure my there's some inflammation going on, it probably scratched up the inside quite a bit, and now everything tastes like metal. It was such a pest that today I was supposed to do my daily cardio, and fast (not eat out of dicipline) but was forced to do neither, in an attempt to wash that sucker down. I'm pretty sure it's still there, I guess I just wait until my antibodies eventually eat it up. This sucks. At the worst I can have my mom physically look into my throat (she's a registered nurse) and take it out herself...but that seems hella lame to me. I'll chuff this one out.

In other news, I seen Valkyrie today, and it was pretty good. I was supposed to see the wrestler, but we drove all the way to Birmingham, MI (the only showing was at that theater) just to discover that we needed change for parking meters, and felt like dopes.

Also to note, this WWE Raw was one of the best I've ever seen. Now that's the difference between their writers and TNA's. Just leaps and bounds ahead of the game.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By lordofultima

So last night something was bugging me. I bite my nails quite frequently and usually spit them out in random areas. So apparently I forgot to spit one out, and it got lodged in my throat. Now, this has happened before, with nail, pencil shaving, and those little popcorn flakes -- so I didn't think anything of it. It would just disappear, wash down, or cough up. But it's still there chilling in my throat a day later.

It's not such an amazing hindrance that I can't breathe, but I'm pretty sure my there's some inflammation going on, it probably scratched up the inside quite a bit, and now everything tastes like metal. It was such a pest that today I was supposed to do my daily cardio, and fast (not eat out of dicipline) but was forced to do neither, in an attempt to wash that sucker down. I'm pretty sure it's still there, I guess I just wait until my antibodies eventually eat it up. This sucks. At the worst I can have my mom physically look into my throat (she's a registered nurse) and take it out herself...but that seems hella lame to me. I'll chuff this one out.

In other news, I seen Valkyrie today, and it was pretty good. I was supposed to see the wrestler, but we drove all the way to Birmingham, MI (the only showing was at that theater) just to discover that we needed change for parking meters, and felt like dopes.

Also to note, this WWE Raw was one of the best I've ever seen. Now that's the difference between their writers and TNA's. Just leaps and bounds ahead of the game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Wow thats pretty gross but I also chew my nails out of habit and spit them everywhere, which is also pretty damn gross.
But shit man you should get that taken out if it`s lodged in your throat and causing any sort of inflammation, thats one place you don`t want to be blocked up.

Avatar image for eightbitwarrior
EightBitWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By EightBitWarrior

I've never bit my nails, but I do have the habit of picking at my lip.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lordofultima

When my nails are at the nubs, I start biting at the skin around the nails. It's a horrible habit, but nothing like most of my other bad ones.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By LiquidPrince
lordofultima said:
"When my nails are at the nubs, I start biting at the skin around the nails. It's a horrible habit, but nothing like most of my other bad ones."

Dude, really stop. Your trying to become lean and mean again, but that won't matter if you got messed up looking hands. Plus you know how sick you can get from that stuff...

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

lordofultima said:
"When my nails are at the nubs, I start biting at the skin around the nails. It's a horrible habit, but nothing like most of my other bad ones."
Man I do the exact thing, you should see my finger nails it`s pretty nasty, I chew the shit out of them some times until it bleeds from a hang nail, we need some rehab, or atleast I do.
JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

I don't get how you guys bite your nails.  Do you actually bite them off?  I've tried to bite a nail off before and the most I could do was bend it.  Do you guys not have nail clippers?

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#8  Edited By Claude

I quit bitting my nails about 5 years ago, cold turkey. Now I chew the nicotine stains from my fingers from rolling my own cigarettes and the calluses from playing guitar.

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lordofultima

you use a set of versatile teeth, to slowly clip off parts of the nail, like a can opener would a can (I also open bottles with my teeth). It's my hyperactivity I guess, always on edge about something. It's sort of like the way I chew pens, pencils, straws, and occasionally wires. Since I jumped off the soda/caffeine train recently, I've been biting them twice as much. It hurts SO much when you bite off more nail than you're supposed to. But I do it, nonetheless.

When I make a note to stop biting them, they start catching my guitar strings by accident, then I feast on them because they're bugging me. This blog is not about my nail biting habits, it's about my annoying throat problem -- which I've concluded that the nail might have actually dissipated, and it's me hacking away over the sink thinking there's something in there, but it's just the sore throat.

Discorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By Discorsi

I'd never bite my sexy nails. :D

JonnyAvacado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By JonnyAvacado

I am one of the most feared and respected nail-biters on the east coast...so I relate to this story extremely well...I also love me some popcorn...hopefully you can hack it up soon man, because I know that feeling...it sucks..

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jayge_

I used to bite my nails all the time (although never to the nub or anything), but braces cured that. Then I moved on to cracking my knuckles, but I'm fairly certain that I'm now going to be arthritic by the time I'm 42, so I'm freaking out about that. So instead I've taken to eating the inside of my own cheeks. Word.

KingGeorge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#13  Edited By KingGeorge

I know how you feel, Junior. I once choked on a pretzel, and the entire free world still laughs about it to this day!

Nick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Nick

I've had this problem with pills getting stuck in my throat. Sometimes your throat will get irritated, maybe scratched from something you swallowed, like your nail, and it feels like there's something stuck in there but there's actually not.

If there actually is something stuck you can try eating oatmeal, or eating a piece of bread, those usually work best.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By teh_destroyer

Thats pretty awefull,hope you feel better soon.I feel pretty bad right now too,I had a gouge of blood in my nose when I woke up earlier and it went all over the place.It stopped bleeding but I now have a pounding headache. *sighs*

lordofultima

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By lordofultima

Well it seems the flu has reared its ugly head. The nail was obviously a prophet telling me to start sipping on NyQuil. Here's to a week of possibly doing nothing but playing Final Fantasy Tactics and drinking orange juice. Wish me luck.