• 129 results
#1 Posted by Kidavenger (3530 posts) -

Holy shit that site now; whoever made the call to get rid of Rorie/Alex should be fired. That place is a wasteland now.

Check this amazing article http://www.screened.com/news/rip-dick-clark/3701/

They get maybe one or two articles up a day now and they are embarrassingly short; no podcasts, no more video content.

It's been a month now; what are the new people doing?

#2 Posted by Dagbiker (6964 posts) -

We dont talk about screened anymore.

#3 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (1993 posts) -

I saw Alex leave Screened and join GB, and despite whatever I feel about the guy I literally couldn't imagine that place without him.

Then Rorie left.

R.I.P. Screened.com

#4 Posted by RE_Player1 (7558 posts) -

What is Screened? Did it used to be part of the wonderful family of CBSi websites?

#5 Posted by ShadowConqueror (3050 posts) -

It was never that great to begin with.

#6 Posted by familyphotoshoot (653 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

You were never that great to begin with.

#7 Posted by UnrealDP (1222 posts) -

Yeah, it's looking grim, but hopefully it's just a transformational period of some sort. It'd be a shame for that site to go down hill and stay down hill.

#8 Posted by wjb (1655 posts) -

I actually stopped by today for the first time in a month. Yeah, the Dick Clark eulogy was pointless and like, "Dick Clark wuz old n important back n the day. RIP or whatevs, lol." The site still has the Whiskey Media footer for links to Giant Bomb from over a month ago.

#9 Posted by Venatio (4491 posts) -

Just forget about Screened, it's dead

I removed it from my bookmarks a long time ago

#10 Posted by A_Cute_Squirtle (685 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

Screened oozed with personality when it was just Matt Rorie. Sure, it was mostly just snark, but I'll take that any day over the bland mess it's become in Rorie's absence.

#11 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Shame, I liked Screened.

#12 Posted by Ben_H (3341 posts) -
@Venatio said:

Just forget about Screened, it's dead

I removed it from my bookmarks a long time ago

Basically. I tried to read it for a bit, but there's nothing good on it anymore so I quit reading it.
#13 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10895 posts) -

I don't think Rorie was fired, I think he quit. Either way, it's a real shame what happened to what was a pretty good site.

#14 Posted by SSValis (1136 posts) -

Geez

Was that user created?

#15 Posted by Vonocourt (2126 posts) -

That's not a eulogy, that's a tweet.

R.I.P. Dick Clark.

#16 Posted by notlupus (44 posts) -

yeah I posted this over there as well but Whiskey Media is/was about staff / reader interactions, most of the articles seem sterile and corporate monotone. I don't feel any emotions from any of the new writers. I have the same problem with Tested everything is black and white, and everything is labeled as Adam and Jamies Tested, I can't even watch a video without that stupid logo at the start, and holy shit who decided that grey text on a white background was a good idea?

Also why is Whiskey portal thing at the bottom of the screen at Anime Vice and Screened still updating Comic Vines stories but Giant Bombs stuff isn't? Is this something that needs fixed on the new whiskeys end or comic vines?

#17 Posted by Animasta (14672 posts) -

there has never been a website called screened.

#18 Posted by AiurFlux (902 posts) -

Hold the fucking phone, Dick Clarke is dead? What? I thought he was immortal. What next, James Lipton?

#19 Posted by BraveToaster (12590 posts) -

Wow, that's pretty damn ridiculous. Their introduction article is pretty amusing. "Hey, please like us. Look at this picture of a puppy."

#20 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

People gave a shit about Screened?

#21 Edited by MooseyMcMan (10895 posts) -

@notlupus: But at least they are still putting up content, and doing the podcast and everything. The design may be terrible, but the heart (Will) and soul (Norm) of Tested have lived on. Gary too, but I'm not sure how he fits into it. The lungs, perhaps?

Also, you can just scroll down a bit to get that logo off the screen. That's what I do.

#22 Posted by Jrinswand (1703 posts) -

Whiskey Media is dead. Long live Giant Bomb!

It sucks when reality steps in and ruins all your internet fun. I don't know even want to think about how sad I'd be if Giant Bomb was ever shut down. It's not likely, at least not anytime soon, but you never know for sure. It's always within the realm of possibility.

#23 Posted by Daveyo520 (6679 posts) -

Screened was a famous website. RIP.

#24 Posted by Brendan (7755 posts) -

Here's the thing with stuff: When all of the creators leave, it almost always goes belly up a short time later. I put on an optimistic face before, but this truth was in the back of my head. Screened was done the moment Rorie left.

#25 Posted by ThePickle (4165 posts) -

It's really a shitshow now. The new "writers" seem to have not passed high school. A few weeks ago I replied to a point made in an article. To give them some credit, the writer at least responded, but the response was almost unreadable. The writing is sparse and filled with grammatical errors. It's truly a shame. But you're daren't breathe a word of bad news to the users over there.

Fucking BermanBraun...

#26 Posted by pyromagnestir (4291 posts) -

I've kept checking back in every once in a while since the split, and I'm sort of amazed it isn't a complete ghost town at this point.

#27 Posted by DougQuaid (1274 posts) -

Dick Clark was a famous guy who did a lot of really cool stuff a long time ago. Then he had stroke, but continued to lay on the self-tanner and make appearances on his Rockin' New Year's Eve show every year to mumble and make out with his wife. He died today.

Do you guys think I can be a writer for Screened now?

#28 Posted by Milkman (16647 posts) -

Not sure I can communicate how angry this Screened situation makes me. 

#29 Posted by FritzDude (2262 posts) -

Requiem in pacem screened dot com.

#30 Posted by wefwefasdf (6729 posts) -

@DougQuaid: That picture of Will Smith with a fedora makes me chuckle every time. haha

While Tested now has a horrible layout, at least the content is still enjoyable. Screened now has shit for content.

#31 Posted by benpicko (2005 posts) -

Read the Cabin in the Woods review. I could write a better review than that shit.

#32 Posted by Manhattan_Project (2140 posts) -

Holy shit. Are a bunch of 17 year olds running the place now?

#33 Posted by Yummylee (21498 posts) -

Perhaps it can be ran by the community, similar to animevice? I'm sure the users could do a better job anyway than the new set of 'writers' working there now. That is if BB don't decide to shut it down... or if there'll even be a community left after all of this garbage.

#34 Posted by Sarnecki (693 posts) -

Screened at it's best was an attempt to emulate the dynamics and character of a Giant Bomb. In my opinion it never managed to be even that, although Alex and Rorie gave it a really nice try, those watch a movie while we do commentary things were always fun and Giant Bomby. I guess two staff just wasn't enough to get a foot old in the way they needed to.

#35 Posted by PenguinDust (12491 posts) -

Ha-ha, who'd ever think there would come a day when Anime Vice has more fresh content than Screened? Of course, having Tom still around greatly helps in addition to the practically self sufficient community.

#36 Posted by jking47 (1209 posts) -

Meh, I did not visit it too much before, sad that it is shitty now though.

Funny thing here is that Anime Vice is the only site not with CBS that did not change very much with the split.

#37 Edited by Tim_the_Corsair (3065 posts) -

I gave it a chance.

It failed.

Look forward to Rorie's future endeavours. Hope he somehow ends up at GB

#38 Posted by SSully (4153 posts) -

@ShadowConqueror said:

It was my favorite site next to giantbomb. Rorie, and Alex when he was there, busted their asses on that site. They always wrote great articles, literally every video feature is beautifully done, and Rorie constantly interacted with the community in the comments/forums. But way to throw it under the bus, real classy.

#39 Posted by Mendelson9 (402 posts) -

It's disappointing that Screened is slowly falling apart. I followed the site since launch but I'm staying away for awhile until they get a REAL editorial staff.

Also for some reason I stopped going to Tested too. The website design is terrible and broken, video is only YouTube with bad compression and no HD download link (To watch on PS3) and the content is not what I want from them. I trust Will and Norm for tech stuff but not science stuff.

I'm hopeful that Tested and Screened will recover...

#40 Edited by Yummylee (21498 posts) -

@SSully said:

@ShadowConqueror said:

It was my favorite site next to giantbomb. Rorie, and Alex when he was there, busted their asses on that site. They always wrote great articles, literally every video feature is beautifully done, and Rorie constantly interacted with the community in the comments/forums. But way to throw it under the bus, real classy.

It was the only other WM site that I visited regularly besides GB. I barely ever posted on the forums, but I was well invested in all the articles/reviews and videos. I still like to go through some of the besties/defending your movie/remake rematch and so forth again sometimes

#41 Edited by bkbroiler (1621 posts) -

I love Rorie and Alex, but I just don't agree with their taste in movies at all. I mostly used Screened for the lists to keep track of the movies I watched. I'm glad Alex is here at GB (weirdly, I almost always disagree with his movie reviews, but totally absolutely love his game reviews), and hope Rorie finds some success somewhere else.

I hope that didn't sound too dickish.

#42 Posted by PassiveKaerenai (326 posts) -

I find it mega-weird that the new Screened people won't even show their faces, do a small podcast, whatever. It's a really impersonal place now.

As for Tested, considering those Mythbusters guys have written about two articles total...why did they take over the site again?

#43 Posted by falco_eagle (220 posts) -

@Mendelson9 said:

It's disappointing that Screened is slowly falling apart. I followed the site since launch but I'm staying away for awhile until they get a REAL editorial staff.

Also for some reason I stopped going to Tested too. The website design is terrible and broken, video is only YouTube with bad compression and no HD download link (To watch on PS3) and the content is not what I want from them. I trust Will and Norm for tech stuff but not science stuff.

I'm hopeful that Tested and Screened will recover...

Tested has already recovered, heck, It never really suffered from the split, It only got better. And personally I like the new design of Tested better then the old one.

#44 Posted by c_rakestraw (844 posts) -

@PassiveKaerenai said:

As for Tested, considering those Mythbusters guys have written about two articles total...why did they take over the site again?

I think Will and Norm said the Mythbusters guys were on tour currently, or were at one time. Not sure what's up with with them now.

#45 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5227 posts) -

@C_Rakestraw said:

@PassiveKaerenai said:

I think Will and Norm said the Mythbusters guys were on tour currently, or were at one time. Not sure what's up with with them now.

I want to see Norm and Will on Mythbusters.

#46 Posted by Artigkar (189 posts) -

@PassiveKaerenai: It almost makes me think that the new staff on screened are maybe part time and not full time. That the real full time staff is not there yet, assuming that there will be full time staff that is. Otherwise this current situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

#47 Posted by Aegon (5488 posts) -

#48 Posted by JayDee (439 posts) -

RIP. it was my favorite whiskey site.

#49 Edited by Vonocourt (2126 posts) -

@Artigkar said:

@PassiveKaerenai: It almost makes me think that the new staff on screened are maybe part time and not full time. That the real full time staff is not there yet, assuming that there will be full time staff that is. Otherwise this current situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

As far as I know, they're just using freelancers at the moment.

#50 Posted by MooseyMcMan (10895 posts) -

@SethPhotopoulos said:

@C_Rakestraw said:

@PassiveKaerenai said:

I want to see Norm and Will on Mythbusters.

I'm pretty sure they have said that they won't, because they already have enough people on MythBusters, and the two of them don't know enough about building robots and stuff. And it takes a long time for those episodes to be made, so even if they filmed an episode tomorrow, it'd be a long time before we saw them on.

At this point, I think we'll be lucky to see Jamie and Adam doing anything substantial on Tested. Will made it sound like those two are constantly extremely busy on their last podcast.