#1 Edited by baconbits33 (1215 posts) -

Ok well first off, don't yell Youtube spam cause I'm gonna provide some discussion for it.    
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N1Hx4jk_Ow 
(sorry I for some reason cannot post it as an actual video) 

Ok so this video has sparked a whole crap load of controversy around the media, so the story goes that this officer caught the girl in black jaywalking and so he went to give the girl a ticket for doing so when her and her friend started to get very physical and.... let's go with "arguementive." Now the big update was that the Seattle Police Guild came out to say that the Officer was justified in his actions
Now many people have claimed it police brutality, some people even saying that the police officer is a racist. While the other side argues that the two girls were highly physical and that there was a growing mob around the officer and he needed to control the situation. 
So it's your pick GIant Bomb: 

a) Police Brutality 

b) Officer was justified 

c) Should of made this a poll dumbass 

Edit: d) Wtf? Jaywalking?

#2 Posted by ch3burashka (5477 posts) -

Always say yes to police brutality.

#3 Posted by zombie2011 (5175 posts) -

Bitch deserved it.  

She shoved the police officer.

#4 Posted by Coombs (3507 posts) -

#5 Posted by baconbits33 (1215 posts) -
@Coombs: Thanks man, idk what it was, but whenever I put in the URL it just wouldn't work.
#6 Posted by Atlantus_Air (194 posts) -

As much as police brutalize and unfairly treat people, she deserved it.

#7 Posted by MAN_FLANNEL (2472 posts) -

Hey cop, I'm going to yell at you, grab your hands and push you while you are struggling to arrest someone.  He should of pulled out a taser on her. 

That was just plain embarrassing for the cop.  He couldn't even overpower some out of shape fat woman that has obviously never exercised in her entire life.  He needs to go to the gym.   

#8 Posted by The_Laughing_Man (13807 posts) -
@baconbits33 said:
" @Coombs: Thanks man, idk what it was, but whenever I put in the URL it just wouldn't work. "
I watched it a few times..and it sort of looks like his first doesnt even hit her...maybe it is just me. 
#9 Posted by Coombs (3507 posts) -

That's fucked right up,
All because of jaywalking? 
The chicks were definitely out of line but that cop did react completely wrong.

#10 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1420 posts) -

could the guy with the camera say "are you serious" a few more times. Seriously though i can't tell if the officer was justified or not, thats the problem with these kinds of video's, they don't show the whole story.

#11 Posted by Atomasist (2793 posts) -

No, the woman had it coming when she pushed a cop.

#12 Posted by Jeffsekai (7153 posts) -
@MAN_FLANNEL said:
" Hey cop, I'm going to yell at you, grab your hands and push you while you are struggling to arrest someone.  He should of pulled out a taser on her.   That was just plain embarrassing for the cop.  He couldn't even overpower some out of shape fat woman that has obviously never exercised in her entire life.  He needs to go to the gym.    "
That or he didn't want to break their arm...
#13 Posted by VWGTI (1946 posts) -

Cop was wrong to punch her, but both of those girls should be locked up. Resisting arrest and assaulting an officer is a big no no.

#14 Posted by Dany (8018 posts) -

She was stupid and should not have resisted arrest.

#15 Edited by FrankCanada97 (4187 posts) -

It was resisting arrest, you don't shove a police officer for no reason. Besides, jaywalking is against the law for a reason, they deserved it.

#16 Posted by sagesebas (2159 posts) -

It only happened because she resisted arrest and was fighting back, I'm surprised she didn't get pepper sprayed and/or tased, but she totally deserved it.

#17 Posted by NoXious (1365 posts) -

Why is the cop all alone? Isn't that against procedure? But yea - I'm not taking any sides. Just respect policemen while they are doing their job... 
Oh and people shouting 'racist'? Really? That card is becoming old and has lost it's meaning.

#18 Posted by ThePwnee (241 posts) -

GET THE FUCK OOWAHF UH ME!

#19 Posted by SumDeus (1898 posts) -

Shoulda been all like hey bitch BLAP BLAP. Of course that's only my opinion....

#20 Posted by BigBoss1911 (2648 posts) -
@ThePwnee said:
" GET THE FUCK OOWAHF UH ME! "
lolz
#21 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6496 posts) -

Any other time I'd say yes, this is police brutality, but Jesus Fuck did that girl deserve it. If I was that cop she would've kissed the windshield.

#22 Posted by PhaggyBigNastyMcKill (565 posts) -

The police should have cuff the girls together and tazzed them until they offered blowjobs. 

#23 Posted by JB16 (825 posts) -

B & C

The cop needed control of the situation and I believe injury may not have been far off from his future.

#24 Posted by Catolf (2788 posts) -

First thing I thought was "Bitch!" when he hit her..

*sigh* kinda feel bad for the cop, he's struggling hard with that squirmy little shit.

#25 Posted by baconbits33 (1215 posts) -
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" The police should have cuff the girls together and tazzed them until they offered blowjobs.  "
Read your comment and look at your photo lol
#26 Posted by chstupid (800 posts) -

Both the girl and the police man should be punished.
#27 Posted by aproposshadows (185 posts) -
@zombie2011 said:
" Bitch deserved it.   She shoved the police officer. "
This she should have just behaved instead of flip out like that 
#28 Edited by Godlyawesomeguy (6419 posts) -

Are you serious? Are you serious? Are you serious?
I wanted to punch that guy in the face so much. I think the police officer is fucking serious.

#29 Posted by actionTACO (497 posts) -

Listen.  You civies simply don't understand what its like out there. To go out in the world everyday and put your life on the line to protect the fragile balance between good and evil, light and darkness. It takes level emotional and mental acuity that most simply will never possess.  To call our actions into question and cast doubt on us is to cast doubt on the very fabric of society.  Think your actions through carefully, good sirs.

*punches teenage girl the face*

#30 Posted by Jared (584 posts) -

By all accounts she deserved it, the officer was defending himself. Both women in the video, especially the one being arrested were extremely disrespectful to the officer and were also resisting arrest. Both should have at least been tasered.

#31 Edited by Toms115 (2324 posts) -

it is a police officer's job to enforce laws, not break them. we don't get to see the whole situation, but the officer definitely should have not have reacted like that.

#32 Posted by Jared (584 posts) -
@PhaggyBigNastyMcKill said:
" The police should have cuff the girls together and tazzed them until they offered blowjobs.  "
Not to get off topic but can you please tell me who the girl in your avatar is? :)
#33 Posted by CL60 (17120 posts) -
@Toms115 said:
" it is a police officer's job to enforce laws, not break them. we don't get to see the whole situation, but the officer definitely should have not have reacted like that. "
He was trying to enforce laws, by she was resisting and this moron comes over and tries to break the cop off of the girl that was resisting. 

She got what she deserved.
#34 Edited by Toms115 (2324 posts) -
@CL60:

yeah i just read the video info lol. they (obviously) shouldn't have resisted, but i don't really consider a much older looking man punching a 17 year old girl in the face to be moral.

the guy is clearly pretty stressed trying to 'cuff her, but i'm not sure if punching her in the face can be justified, legal or not.

#35 Posted by actionTACO (497 posts) -

"police brutality is ok if the perps are annoying" -Giant Bomb community, 2010

#36 Posted by Rockdalf (1328 posts) -

This is why being able to do your job efficiently can turn a horrible situation into a peaceful one.  He should had been able to arrest that girl when he decided that was necessary.  Because of his incompetence, a more peaceful situation turned into a violent one.

#37 Edited by CL60 (17120 posts) -
@actionTACO said:

" "police brutality is ok if the perps are annoying" -Giant Bomb community, 2010 "

Um. I don't think resisting arrest is "annoying" it's a felony. And when somebody comes along and tries to help the person who is resisting arrest she deserves to get punched.

I'm sorry, but this isn't police brutality.

@Rockdalf said:
" This is why being able to do your job efficiently can turn a horrible situation into a peaceful one.  He should had been able to arrest that girl when he decided that was necessary.  Because of his incompetence, a more peaceful situation turned into a violent one. "

How? She was already resisting. Some girl just came over and decided she would help the person resisting for some reason.
#38 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6419 posts) -
@actionTACO said:
" "police brutality is ok if the perps are annoying" -Giant Bomb community, 2010 "
They weren't just annoying, they resisted arrest which is against the law and the officer tried to detain her with more force. Its her (and the dumbass who tried to break them up) fault and this could have been avoided by taking a ticket and leaving.
#39 Posted by IzzyGraze (866 posts) -

Punching her was a bit over the line. I don't think he was in any danger really, so a simple warning would have sufficed. They were clearly resisting arrest but he should have dealt with the situation better. "Police brutality" brings in a lot of connotations but I'd say "excessive force".

#40 Posted by ahriman22 (2812 posts) -

She resisted arrest, I would have kicked her in the ovaries myself but a good punch works too. Slaps just don't have the same effect they used to.

#41 Edited by Blair (2548 posts) -
@Dany said:

" She was stupid and should not have resisted arrest. "

@Atomasist said:

"  No, the woman had it coming when she pushed a cop. "

Agreed.  It was a bad situation for the cop.  That could have been avoided a million times over.

EDIT:  I must add the proverbial; FUCK THA POLICE.
#42 Posted by TheCreamFilling (1229 posts) -

The police are here to help us and preserve order, no matter what the method or cost, I say. 

#43 Posted by Rockdalf (1328 posts) -
@CL60: Girl in pink doesn't get involved until the 30 second mark.  Police should've already been putting the other girl in the cruiser.  Whether out of fear of hurting the girl or his own lack of physical strength, he let this get worse by pussyfooting around. 
#44 Posted by natetodamax (19416 posts) -
  1. If you push a cop while he's trying to arrest someone, you deserve to get hit. It shouldn't matter whether or not you have a vagina
  2. People no longer seem to know what racism is. Whenever a video of something negative happening to a black person gets media attention, an enormous amount of people say it's racism. I tell them to stfu
#45 Posted by AgentJ (8994 posts) -
@baconbits33: Future reference: when you want to post a video, you find it on youtube, and there should be a button that says embed. Click on it, and copy the text that appears in the box, and post that in the video box here. 
#46 Edited by Foxtrot0245 (323 posts) -

That cop was surrounded by people, one of which was pushing him (or, as far as he knew, could have been going for his gun). If he went to taze her, the other chick would have gotten away, sending the message that if you struggle and get your friends involved, you may just avoid getting arrested. He needed to get control of the situation, and I think he did a damn fine job of finding a solution to these problems. Sure, it drew a crowd, but was I the only one who noticed that they all seemed to stay the fuck away from the officer after his reaction to this ridiculously annoying woman?

#47 Edited by GIVEMEREPLAY (863 posts) -
@TheCreamFilling said:

" The police are here to help us and preserve order, no matter what the method or cost, I say.  "

Like the Nazis!
#48 Posted by MrNood1e (94 posts) -
@NoXious said:
" Why is the cop all alone? Isn't that against procedure? But yea - I'm not taking any sides. Just respect policemen while they are doing their job... Oh and people shouting 'racist'? Really? That card is becoming old and has lost it's meaning. "
Agreed. People who claim racism all the time are racists themselves. I don't care if the cop punched her, she was loud and annoying. He should have punched both of them. If they would have just shut up and listened there probably wouldn't have been a problem.
#49 Posted by luce (4056 posts) -

God i hate cell phone cameras

#50 Posted by actionTACO (497 posts) -

yelling and SHOVING you say!?!?  well, thank god our brave man in blue was able to stand strong against such a relentless assault from those uppity negresses.

Seriously though, we're supposed to be trusting these people, who can't handle some unruly teenagers without losing their shit, with our lives? This is pathetic.