Sham-WOW!: The Review

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

Edited By jakob187
So last night, my roommate calls me up and says "hey, it's movie night...so let's have cookies and beer".  Fuckin eh, right?  Totally.  My buddy comes along (lenin from the third episode of Chess Club Massacre, known as Log here on the boards).  We've all three been talking about Sham-WOW and Slap Chop for the past week non-stop, and so when I get to the apartment, I find that my roommate has bought some Sham-WOWs.  Needless to say, we put these fuckers to the test to find out if that ex-Scientologist Vince Offer is lying to us all!!!

First Test:  Drying A Sweater

Unfortunately, we didn't have a sweater on hand, but right away, we could tell that this was failure.  You cannot fit a sweater into one of the Sham-WOWs, so in turn, we decided to use something that would probably prove a bigger test:  a soaked dish-rag.  After soaking this thing for a few seconds, we rolled the dishrag up in the Sham-WOW, squeezed and punched a little, then came to find out that the dishrag was...pretty damn close to dry.  After we let the rag sit for about two minutes, it was dry.  Therefore, we're saying that...while this doesn't go EXACTLY with what Vince implies, it works pretty damn well.  Grade:  B+

Second Test:  Drying A Surface

Lucky for the Sham-WOW, our coffee table at the apartment is a glutton for punishment.  We poured some water out onto the table, then wiped it up with the Sham-WOW.  After that, we continued to wipe up the excess water left behind, and then we realized that we still had to clean up.  What we ended up realizing is that the water from the Sham-WOW was actually being pressed out of the Sham-WOW and back onto the table.  We tried with little to no pressure, and this seemed to work a little better.  Overall, however, we're not impressed with its ability as an everyday wiper-upper.  Grade:  C-

Third Test:  Drying A Tongue

My roommate decided to try sticking the Sham-WOW to her tongue as a way of potentially getting rid of whatever illness we've had recently.  What were the results?  The Sham-WOW will even absorb the saliva from your mouth and leave your tongue feeling crisp and clean!  = D  Grade:  A+

Fourth Test:  Drying The Carpet

This is the one test that we were really skeptical of.  It just didn't seem very feasible.  Now, mind you, we didn't have any way to actually pull up a portion of carpet in order to find out whether the Sham-WOW went all the way through.  However, from just the little bit of Dr. Pepper I spilled this morning on the way out to work...I'm impressed with the initial ability of the Sham-WOW for picking up stains from your carpet.  There was no discoloration after I was done.  Once I get home, I'll see if it has remained that way.  The only bitch was that it took some serious pounding into the ground with my fist to get the soda out of the carpet.  Preliminary Grade:  A-

From the four tests that I've seen with my own eyes and compiled, I'm convinced that the Sham-WOW is a pretty nifty product indeed.  While I think a Slap Chop would've been a bit more useful for us to have around the apartment, I've gotta say that I'm impressed with the Sham-WOW.  I'm curious to try it as a bath towel, so I'll let you guys know how that turns out.  Otherwise, the 8 Sham-WOWs we got for $20 were definitely worth the value so far.

Although, I'm still weary about their machine-washability.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By jakob187
So last night, my roommate calls me up and says "hey, it's movie night...so let's have cookies and beer".  Fuckin eh, right?  Totally.  My buddy comes along (lenin from the third episode of Chess Club Massacre, known as Log here on the boards).  We've all three been talking about Sham-WOW and Slap Chop for the past week non-stop, and so when I get to the apartment, I find that my roommate has bought some Sham-WOWs.  Needless to say, we put these fuckers to the test to find out if that ex-Scientologist Vince Offer is lying to us all!!!

First Test:  Drying A Sweater

Unfortunately, we didn't have a sweater on hand, but right away, we could tell that this was failure.  You cannot fit a sweater into one of the Sham-WOWs, so in turn, we decided to use something that would probably prove a bigger test:  a soaked dish-rag.  After soaking this thing for a few seconds, we rolled the dishrag up in the Sham-WOW, squeezed and punched a little, then came to find out that the dishrag was...pretty damn close to dry.  After we let the rag sit for about two minutes, it was dry.  Therefore, we're saying that...while this doesn't go EXACTLY with what Vince implies, it works pretty damn well.  Grade:  B+

Second Test:  Drying A Surface

Lucky for the Sham-WOW, our coffee table at the apartment is a glutton for punishment.  We poured some water out onto the table, then wiped it up with the Sham-WOW.  After that, we continued to wipe up the excess water left behind, and then we realized that we still had to clean up.  What we ended up realizing is that the water from the Sham-WOW was actually being pressed out of the Sham-WOW and back onto the table.  We tried with little to no pressure, and this seemed to work a little better.  Overall, however, we're not impressed with its ability as an everyday wiper-upper.  Grade:  C-

Third Test:  Drying A Tongue

My roommate decided to try sticking the Sham-WOW to her tongue as a way of potentially getting rid of whatever illness we've had recently.  What were the results?  The Sham-WOW will even absorb the saliva from your mouth and leave your tongue feeling crisp and clean!  = D  Grade:  A+

Fourth Test:  Drying The Carpet

This is the one test that we were really skeptical of.  It just didn't seem very feasible.  Now, mind you, we didn't have any way to actually pull up a portion of carpet in order to find out whether the Sham-WOW went all the way through.  However, from just the little bit of Dr. Pepper I spilled this morning on the way out to work...I'm impressed with the initial ability of the Sham-WOW for picking up stains from your carpet.  There was no discoloration after I was done.  Once I get home, I'll see if it has remained that way.  The only bitch was that it took some serious pounding into the ground with my fist to get the soda out of the carpet.  Preliminary Grade:  A-

From the four tests that I've seen with my own eyes and compiled, I'm convinced that the Sham-WOW is a pretty nifty product indeed.  While I think a Slap Chop would've been a bit more useful for us to have around the apartment, I've gotta say that I'm impressed with the Sham-WOW.  I'm curious to try it as a bath towel, so I'll let you guys know how that turns out.  Otherwise, the 8 Sham-WOWs we got for $20 were definitely worth the value so far.

Although, I'm still weary about their machine-washability.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By brukaoru

Thanks for this test. I think I may get some now!

zitosilva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By zitosilva

I had no idea what a Sham-WOW! was. I just checked. Now I need one.

ArchScabby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ArchScabby

sham wow is the greatest thing to happen to humanity in it's entire history.  The world will never be the same, and no one will ever look at life the same again.

CreamyGoodness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By CreamyGoodness

"you know the germans make good stuff"

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By Claude

Wow! It's not a Sham!

JoelTGM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By JoelTGM

advertising works

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jakob187
ArchScabby said:
"sham wow is the greatest thing to happen to humanity in it's entire history.  The world will never be the same, and no one will ever look at the life the same again."
That's extreme.  It's a very good product for the price tag it had attached.  We did get it to drip, though.  =  (
Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Dalai

I can't wait for your Slap Chop review... I hope I love your nuts.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By jakob187
Dalai said:
"I can't wait for your Slap Chop review... I hope I love your nuts."
Dalai, you wascally wama.  /tickle
BananaHammock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By BananaHammock

i saw sham wow on tv the other day and it looks like the handiest thing invented by man.

RHCPfan24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By RHCPfan24

Maybe I should get one of these. Looks like it could come in handy. Also, the name is pretty awesome. Sham-WOW!

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#13  Edited By Gunner

lmao, nice review. I need to get a couple of those.

Vinchenzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#14  Edited By Vinchenzo

This is where tax money should be spent. We're obviously not curing Cancer. Can't wait for the Slap Chop... if that's up next?

Bonesofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Bonesofwar

This is heresy. The Sham wow does everything advertised on the TV. Vince's word is law. Oh and, did you guys get the 4 extra Sham Wow's? Cause they can't do that shit all day.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By LiquidPrince

Sham Damn...

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jakob187
Bonesofwar said:
"This is heresy. The Sham wow does everything advertised on the TV. Vince's word is law. Oh and, did you guys get the 4 extra Sham Wow's? Cause they can't do that shit all day."
Yep.  The box of Sham-WOWs had the 4 full size ones, as well as the 4 mini-WOWs for $20.  Therefore, it makes me believe that they CAN do this shit all day...because there were plenty at H-E-B (that's a Texas grocery store, for those who don't know).

Vinchenzo said:
"This is where tax money should be spent. We're obviously not curing Cancer. Can't wait for the Slap Chop... if that's up next?"
Dood, you can bet your gamerscore that I'm getting a fucking Slap Chop.  I'm super psyched about that shit.  I just gotta find a place that has them!

Also, folks...don't think this is the end of my review.  I've still got more investigating to do.  As I said, I need to test its capabilities as a bath towel, as well as try it on our dishes, cleaning the kitchen counter and stove and microwave, and I also need to test it as a bath mat.  What else?  You can guarantee I'm going to test it to clean up my roommate's Niagara Falls whenever "that day" finally rolls around.  ZING!!!
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:

.but maybe I'll just wait until "that day" comes along and try to clean up my roommate's Niagara Falls afterwards.  ZING!
"
Take pics.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By jakob187
Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:
...but maybe I'll just wait until "that day" comes along and try to clean up my roommate's Niagara Falls afterwards.  ZING!"
Take pics."
NOPE!
*EDIT*  Now that I think of it, I just might take pics...but not for you fuckers.  =  P
Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Gunner
jakob187 said:
"Gunner said:
"jakob187 said:
...but maybe I'll just wait until "that day" comes along and try to clean up my roommate's Niagara Falls afterwards.  ZING!"
Take pics."
NOPE!"
Please?
Moon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Moon

all I can say is Sham - WOW!

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By pause422

So do you think you feel how the lady in the commercial does? "All I can say is, Sham Wow! I can't live without it!" Love that commercial. Also love any one with Billy Mays.

KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#23  Edited By KamasamaK

Nice review. Here's another:

super_machine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By super_machine

I have one and I never used it. wow

Gameboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gameboi
DOUBLESHOCK said:
"Advertising works"
Well said.  Just knowing that it found its way onto this thread, via  a customer testimonial in a gaming site, is proof of that. I had to rub my eyes and do a double take.
lamegame621

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By lamegame621

Motherfucker, you better have said shamwow lol

Avatar image for sathingtonwaltz
SathingtonWaltz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SathingtonWaltz

No Caption Provided
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By jakob187
SoothsayerGB said:
"Great, have they made any "accidental" charges to the credit card yet?  I hear thats a common practice among those blue screen sellers.  Make mistake charges, then charge you money to have them  refunded for "processing" or they just  bleed the card holder out with BS charges.

Had a friend order those "Free" pc lessons and lost 80 bucks.  Due to a "Billing error."  Been over 6 months and all he gets is the run around with them.  Those fast talking salesmen on TV are definitely people I want to hand over my credit card numbers and home address to! "
Um, actually, we just went to the local grocery and bought them.  -_-  So...nope, no crazy charges on the card yet.
Avatar image for auspiciousqueue
auspiciousqueue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#30  Edited By auspiciousqueue
SathingtonWaltz said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
That completely just made me want to go buy one right NOW. Wait... the only thing that is open now is Walmart... Never mind. Tomorrow!
KamasamaK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#31  Edited By KamasamaK
jakob187 said:
"SoothsayerGB said:
"Great, have they made any "accidental" charges to the credit card yet?  I hear thats a common practice among those blue screen sellers.  Make mistake charges, then charge you money to have them  refunded for "processing" or they just  bleed the card holder out with BS charges.

Had a friend order those "Free" pc lessons and lost 80 bucks.  Due to a "Billing error."  Been over 6 months and all he gets is the run around with them.  Those fast talking salesmen on TV are definitely people I want to hand over my credit card numbers and home address to! "
Um, actually, we just went to the local grocery and bought them.  -_-  So...nope, no crazy charges on the card yet."
How much was it there? I'm wondering how great the deal they claim you get by ordering on the phone is.
mussbus999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mussbus999

I tried Shamwow! and it did not have any good results =[