• 66 results
Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Toxeia

I was staring at myself in the mirror when I realized "Wow.. this is pretty f'd up. Why am I doing this?" It wasn't anything awful I guess and one might argue it's good hygiene. I wash my feet. If I go outside or I've been cleaning and accidentally stepped barefoot into a pile of dirt/dust my feet feel caked. There's this layer of whatever that's on my foot and it's reducing my ability to feel where I'm walking. So I'll walk into my bathroom and set one leg on my counter while I wash one foot, then the other with hand soap. The up side is they definitely feel much softer after I do it. It might even be related to my attraction to feet. Hey, look at that. You're learning things about me you probably didn't want to know.

I also used to have an issue where I'd have to turn plush animals away from me while I was changing. Possibly more paranoia than a habit. Look... that panda, her eyes are staring at my junk again.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f0017840c01a
deactivated-5f0017840c01a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I am an artist who, if I make a mistake I have to have it completely erased before I go on to anything else. I usually find myself without an eraser, therefore I will put my drawing/painting down for days/weeks/months before picking it back up if the mistake is not corrected.

I also hold my breath for as long as I can when someone in my vicinity sneezes. I know the germs are in the room or on me if they sneeze in my direction but I feel if by not breathing them in right away I won't get sick. It's irrational and I know this.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Toxeia

@Flawed_System: I don't think any of that's weird, though I don't prescribe to the washing of utensils and aversion to door knobs. Silverware that's been in someone else's mouth grosses me out, but I just pretend that everything has been cleaned via autoclave. For lunch, or between class though I totally leave campus. My last college I would get ice cream and stand on a street corner opposite the school - usually during cold weather or in the rain. Water ruins your ice cream though :(

@rockyhorrorgerri: Sounds like you're just pursuing a sense of perfection and don't want to be reminded of mistakes you may have made while working on something. I'd say that's much better than just scrapping the entire thing because of an errant line.

Despite a fear of eating utensils being in other people, I have no fear of germs being passed from one person to another (save for diseases/viruses like Herpes/HIV/Hepatitis/etc) as I haven't gotten sick since I was 10.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Winternet

I sometimes create weird threads on giantbomb. Oh, wait. That's not me.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By crusader8463

Whenever I make eye contact with my reflection I always insult or berate myself in my head before looking away. When I notice that I'm staring into someone's eyes while we are talking I instantly get weirded out by it and feel like I'm doing something inappropriate. Not sure why, but it just always seemed like a very personal and intimate thing to me, so doing it with someone you don't know well just feels like if I just walked up to a girl and stared at her breasts while talking to her.

I also have this weird habit of every time I walk out into the kitchen I rinse my hands under water for a few seconds. No reason to it what so ever. I could have just stepped out of the shower, washed my hands in the bathroom, or just walked out to get some water and I always seem to turn on the tap and let it run over my hands for a few seconds. I'm not some germaphobe or anything ether.

I also have to always be fiddling with something in my hands at all times. Doesn't matter what it is. I just need to be wiggling a pen around, picking up and dropping something, or just twitching my fingers up and down. I just can't keep my hands still for some reason.

Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6  Edited By Alexandru
@Flawed_System: you have OCD
Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alexandru

I move my head to the right randomly, the same with my hands. And I check if I closed the doors multiple times. That's because I have OCD. 
I also think loudly so it seems like I'm talking to myself.

Fistoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Fistoh

I chew earbuds. Every time I get a new pair, I replace the medium size with the small size and chew the medium and large size like it's gum. I also can't stand the volume on anything, whether it's my Zune (Yes, I have a Zune) the TV, or whatever, if it's an odd number, it has to be an even number, or else I go insane.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#9  Edited By Dagbiker

I do everything on the 10's and the 5's. For an example when doing my laundry I have to do it at 3:00, 6:00 or 9:00. when getting out of my car for work i have to get out at 9:35. And so forth.

habster3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By habster3

I often readjust my diver watch whenever it doesn't line up with the minutes/hours (I generally don't go diving; I just got the watch as a gift), I flip around my car keys a lot, sometimes I can't stop snapping with my ring and middle fingers,I try to determine patterns in my observations at times, I do useless mathematical calculations in my head frequently, and some other things that I can't remember at the moment. Yeah, I'm weird

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By napalm

Protip: We don't need to know about the horrible/gross things you do when nobody is looking.

This thread shouldn't exist.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Napalm said: 

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#13  Edited By Video_Game_King

I tend to get trapped in the same thoughts over and over again. Why, right now, I am thinking about the role originality plays in the quality of video games, an internal diatribe I have practiced countless times before. I've no idea why, but it just tends to happen.

Avatar image for deactivated-629eab11cc270
deactivated-629eab11cc270

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have sexy thoughts about women

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By soldierg654342

I leave a glass of water (and sometimes other beverages) in the kitchen so I have to get up and walk to it to when I'm thirsty, even though there's a coaster right next to my laptop.

I also wash my hands and face quite often.

Sambambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By Sambambo

It sounds like there is some serious OCD and lack of confidence going on in this thread.

Good ol' gaming forums.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Contrarian

I have sexomnia. That's sleep sex - with the person you are sleeping with whilst asleep. I don't see it as problem though and it is weird when I wake up during it.

Toxeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Toxeia

@Contrarian: So... it's like your sleep-walking, but instead you're sleep-boning the person next to you whom is also asleep?

lockwoodx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By lockwoodx

Trolling people on the internet.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 49th

I sometimes make random little noises bleep zuguzugugu mrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Contrarian

@Toxeia said:

@Contrarian: So... it's like your sleep-walking, but instead you're sleep-boning the person next to you whom is also asleep?

I like to use more delicate language, but yes it. Sometimes my partner may be woken by me and go, "sure, why not". It is obvious in the morning what went on. Suffice to say, sleep with me at your own risk!

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Contrarian said:

I have sexomnia. That's sleep sex - with the person you are sleeping with whilst asleep. I don't see it as problem though and it is weird when I wake up during it.

That's an actual thing, and it has been used as a valid legal defense in at least one sexual assault case.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

@Contrarian said:

That's an actual thing, and it has been used as a valid legal defense in at least one sexual assault case.

Yeah, I have seen it used as a defence several times myself. If I get caught raping someone who is asleep, at least I have a defence!

Seriously though, I could see how that could get abused and shouldn't really be a defence.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Contrarian:

Which is why the courts will actually study your sleep patterns and REM whatevers to make sure you're not full of shit.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

@Contrarian:

Which is why the courts will actually study your sleep patterns and REM whatevers to make sure you're not full of shit.

Just to be fair on me, I would need a naked lady sleeping with me during the test ....... just to be ensure an accurate result.

Just so you know, I think sexomnia is an awesome problem to have.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Video_Game_King

@Contrarian:

There are other, far less stupid ways of testing this shit.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Contrarian

@Video_Game_King said:

@Contrarian:

There are other, far less stupid ways of testing this shit.

Well, without the naked lady it is just sleep masturbation/wet dream ..... no as good a result.

nonused

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By nonused

@Napalm said:

Protip: We don't need to know about the horrible/gross things you do when nobody is looking.

No. I must know.

mpgeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By mpgeist

I care too much.

landon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#30  Edited By landon

@Zacagawea said:

I have sexy thoughts about women

Seek help, that's disgusting.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By MikeGosot
I don't like to stare in the eyes of men. It makes me angry. And i like to study the habits of people i know.

@Video_Game_King said:

I tend to get trapped in the same thoughts over and over again. Why, right now, I am thinking about the role originality plays in the quality of video games, an internal diatribe I have practiced countless times before. I've no idea why, but it just tends to happen.

Originality is cool but not a symbol of quality. That's it.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MikeGosot:

Yea, I don't find it at all connected with quality. I wish to convince gamers to divorce the two ideas from each other entirely.

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#33  Edited By Justin258

@Fistoh said:

I chew earbuds. Every time I get a new pair, I replace the medium size with the small size and chew the medium and large size like it's gum. I also can't stand the volume on anything, whether it's my Zune (Yes, I have a Zune) the TV, or whatever, if it's an odd number, it has to be an even number, or else I go insane.

I don't chew earbuds, but I did have a Zune for a long time and I do have to keep the volume on either an even number or a number divisible by 5.

@crusader8463 said:

I just walked up to a girl and stared at her breasts while talking to her.

...since when has that been wrong?

(I kid. Of course.)

Avatar image for stealthmaster86
Stealthmaster86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#34  Edited By Stealthmaster86

Air Drumming....

think of that as you will.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MikeGosot
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot:

Yea, I don't find it at all connected with quality. I wish to convince gamers to divorce the two ideas from each other entirely.

People get tired from a certain theme/genre in videogames and then think the game is bad. It makes no sense to me. No, Call Of Duty is not bad. You're just tired of shooters. Go play something else, eat some Doritos and watch a movie, whatever.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MikeGosot:

Worse yet is when people malign a game for being similar to a game they've admitted on previous occasions to enjoying. I see not the logic in this system of belief.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#37  Edited By Phatmac

I play lava on the floor with black and white colored tiles. I only cross on black tiles while white ones are lava. Weird huh?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MikeGosot
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot:

Worse yet is when people malign a game for being similar to a game they've admitted on previous occasions to enjoying. I see not the logic in this system of belief.

I still think people are tired and don't know how to express it. Or maybe they want to make part of the Cool Hate Club(tm). The Internet is full of teenagers, and you know how teenagers are.
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By jking47

@Phatmac said:

I play lava on the floor with black and white colored tiles. I only cross on black tiles while white ones are lava. Weird huh?

Thats weird as fuck, everyone knows the black tiles are the lava and the white ones are safe.

DarthOrange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#40  Edited By DarthOrange
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MikeGosot said:

you know how teenagers are.

They're apprehensive about molting their baby skin and growing hair in places that have hair?

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By MikeGosot
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot said:

you know how teenagers are.

They're apprehensive about molting their baby skin and growing hair in places that have hair?

That and they want to be "Part of a movement" or something, so they tell lies to make "friends", so they can feel better. And they masturbate a lot.
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MikeGosot:

Although the odd thing about this situation is that it's not just teenagers doing it. Either that, or Alex Navarro and Jeff Gerstmann haven't got hair downstairs.

Grillbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Grillbar

im a smoker, when i walk down the street and somone is about to pass me i hold my breath until they are behind me if i have already inhaled and i hold it so me hand covers it completely. if there's a kid i avoid them completely. its not a weird or odd habit its more polite. i always put my right shoe on before my left i put my right arm though the sleves of my shirt or jacket before the left and so on. i properly have some odd or weird habit but cant think of any

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By MikeGosot
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot:

Although the odd thing about this situation is that it's not just teenagers doing it. Either that, or Alex Navarro and Jeff Gerstmann haven't got hair downstairs.

No, it's not. Teenagers are just a small part of the problem. I dunno, man. Sometimes you expect more from a game(Specially if it's a sequel.)? Or you're just not impressed anymore and since the novelty wore off, the game seems worse?
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MikeGosot said:

Sometimes you expect more from a game(Specially if it's a sequel.)?

Ah, and therein lies the problem. To form expectations is a capital offense, as it amounts to nothing more than forming an opinion before you have any experience or information regarding the game.

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By MikeGosot
@Video_Game_King said:

@MikeGosot said:

Sometimes you expect more from a game(Specially if it's a sequel.)?

Ah, and therein lies the problem. To form expectations is a capital offense, as it amounts to nothing more than forming an opinion before you have any experience or information regarding the game.

I suppose people assume that, since they've already played the first game, they know what to expect from a sequel?
Also, i fucking hate this line from Alex review of Katamary Damacy:
"It's all just variations on a singular theme."
That's what sequels are.
wumbo3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 38

#48  Edited By wumbo3000

@Dagbiker said:

I do everything on the 10's and the 5's. For an example when doing my laundry I have to do it at 3:00, 6:00 or 9:00. when getting out of my car for work i have to get out at 9:35. And so forth.

Huh. Any real reason? Is there some story behind this or...?

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Video_Game_King

@MikeGosot:

That does not make it advisable or right to expect anything.

@MikeGosot said:

"It's all just variations on a singular theme." That's what sequels are.

That's what all games are: variations on but a scant few themes and mechanics. And this is the part in my thought process where I fucking plunge down the rabbit hole, and usually where I become nostalgic for Lunar: Eternal Blue and just watch this scene again. Or maybe I just watch the Unbirthday scene from Alice in Wonderland. (I told you it was a weird habit.)

MikeGosot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By MikeGosot
@Video_Game_King: People are assholes, therefore they expect stuff.
Also, you should write a book or something about this. You surely look like you gotta a lot to say.