#1 Edited by MB (14072 posts) -

Ladies and gentlemen, this is what the unfortunate end of an acting career looks like. Starring Tara Reid and Ian Ziering...yes, it's really about a tornado that lifts sharks out the water and drops them on hapless people. No, this isn't a sequel to Sharktopus, the best worst movie of 2010.

I'm not sure how it could be possible, but are there any movies worse than this that came out this year?

#2 Posted by Giantstalker (1883 posts) -

Is this by Asylum? I can't be bothered to Google it, but seems like a pretty safe bet

#3 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Can it really be called worst movie of the year when it was as intentionally stupid as it is? In that, it succeeded.

#4 Posted by Zeik (3298 posts) -

I think you mean best.

#5 Posted by MB (14072 posts) -
#6 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12736 posts) -

Haven't seen it, but I think Sharknado is disqualified by merit of it clearly trying to be as bad and dumb as possible.

#7 Posted by Hailinel (25787 posts) -

Haven't seen it, but I think Sharknado is disqualified by merit of it clearly trying to be as bad and dumb as possible.

There's Sharknado "Trying desperately to be a movie you'd see on Mystery Science Theater 3000" bad, and After Earth "So many things went wrong in an earnest attempt at making something people would want to pay to see" bad.

#8 Edited by ArbitraryWater (12736 posts) -

@hailinel said:

@arbitrarywater said:

There's Sharknado "Trying desperately to be a movie you'd see on Mystery Science Theater 3000" bad, and After Earth "So many things went wrong in an earnest attempt at making something people would want to pay to see" bad.

Having seen After Earth, that wouldn't be a particularly bad candidate for this label. It's a terrible movie; yet another nakedly obvious vehicle for Will Smith to force his untalented children upon the world. However, there are certain points where the non-acting coming from Fresh Prince and son transcends poorly-written cliche (sorry Gary Whitta) to unintentional hilarity.

#9 Edited by Darji (5412 posts) -

I watched the nostalgia critic "review" of this and it is mind blowing that there will be even a sequel to this^^

#10 Edited by ZombiePie (6199 posts) -

I watched RedLetterMedia briefly discussing this movie, and found myself agreeing with a lot of what they had to say about the stuff that The Asylum puts out. The best "so bad that it is good" movies are made by people who thought that they were making a good movie. There's a sincerity to them, whereas something like Sharknado feels phony. Also the schadenfreude of movies like The Room, The Happening, and Troll 2 where the directors or actors fell so far into the deep end it's amazing.

#11 Edited by Roboculus92 (546 posts) -

I found the movie pretty boring to be honest so no. Maybe if they spent more time actually, ya know, showing us sharknados then I would have liked it more. I remember being so pumped up for watching this after watching the trailer and then finding myself severely disappointed afterwards. The problem is that it doesn't get real crazy until the last few minutes of the film so most of it is a goddamn snoozefest.

#12 Posted by GalacticGravy (664 posts) -

The best worst movies are bad movies that were trying to be good. I haven't seen Sharknado, but everything I've heard is that it tries to be bad, thus taking the fun out of it. They did a great job on the Twitter front, though.