ThunderSlash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#201  Edited By ThunderSlash

@Mesoian said:

I don't even know if it's hit here yet, but it's not this guy. Do not go after this guy

No Caption Provided

I just heard his name being said on the TV. I'm guessing the shooter has the same name.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#202  Edited By Phatmac

…There are no words. There has to be more gun control and better restrictions on this stuff. I'm not an expert on this, but god damnit. This shit has to stop. :/

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#203  Edited By CptBedlam

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@Vegetable_Side_Dish said:

Don't worry guys America is doing something about it!

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/2012/12/sweeping_changes_in_michigans.html

" allowing concealed pistols in schools and other places".....

But if those 8-year-old children would've been armed - because freedom! - they could've stopped the shooter. /NRA

But if you don't allow concealed carry people won't go into schools and shoot them up! /idiots

But having guns around at places like schools is guaranteed to improve everything!

But making laws to keep them out of schools is sure to prevent people shooting up schools!

But why make it even worse?

How does allowing concealed carry make it worse, exactly? Is a criminal not going to hide his gun because there is a law saying he can't tuck it in his pocket?

No, but allowing to legally carry guns around at places where immature kids are bound to have heated arguments etc. is beyond stupid.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#204  Edited By Milkman

@JasonR86 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

But if those 8-year-old children would've been armed - because freedom! - they could've stopped the shooter. /NRA

But if you don't allow concealed carry people won't go into schools and shoot them up! /idiots

That's shitty. Don't use tragedy to push political agenda. Especially immediately after the tragedy. Assholes.

When's the right time then? When the next shooting happens? It's already too late.

Avatar image for lemmycaution217
Lemmycaution217

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#205  Edited By Lemmycaution217

This is just fucking disgusting.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#206  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@Manhattan_Project said:

Wait is that real? Where did you get it?

It's that single picture that seems to be circulating around the internet now. I'm having slight doubts as to its authenticity, though.

Those comments are taken from his Facebook page. Apparently, only his friends can see them, though: https://twitter.com/MattBors/status/279670420960063488

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Optix12

@Alexandru: im speechless either way. But it would be a whole new level of my mind being twisted upside down if it was a kid that age that could do this

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#208  Edited By FengShuiGod

@JasonR86 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

That's shitty. Don't use tragedy to push political agenda. Especially immediately after the tragedy. Assholes.

If tragedy brought with it an obligation to abrogate ideological talk relevant to said tragedy we would be static w/r/t public policy in a way that we would all be worse off. Not that I am advocating an over the top reactionary knee jerk to everything, but political talk is neither immoral nor does it obviate my ability to feel sympathy for the victims.

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#209  Edited By jking47

@Mesoian said:

I don't even know if it's hit here yet, but it's not this guy. Do not go after this guy

No Caption Provided

Oh man, that is pretty fucking terrible. Gotta love the media jumping all over something without confirming it at all. They are still saying it was him.

Jimbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#210  Edited By Jimbo

What exactly are people supposed to talk about in this thread (and threads like it all over the internet) if not gun control / mental health / other issues they consider relevant? 20 pages of 'oh that's so terrible :((' isn't going to do anything. No shit it's terrible.

Discuss how to prevent it happening again. You may not think it matters because 'it's only Giant Bomb' or whatever, but this is exactly how social change happens. Regular people in regular places talk until enough minds are swayed and action is demanded. You might think you only have a small voice, and that it doesn't matter what you think anyway when something like this happens, but it does matter - the direction your country goes in is ultimately decided by 300m small voices just like yours. Don't encourage people not to think and speak out just because 'it's only Giant Bomb' - that is cowardly.

Something is very, very wrong with your country and you have a duty to demand that solutions be found. We can't still be watching this happen 10, 20 years from now.

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#211  Edited By FengShuiGod

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

But having guns around at places like schools is guaranteed to improve everything!

But making laws to keep them out of schools is sure to prevent people shooting up schools!

How does allowing concealed carry make it worse, exactly? Is a criminal not going to hide his gun because there is a law saying he can't tuck it in his pocket?

No, but allowing to legally carry guns around at places where immature kids are bound to have heated arguments etc. is beyond stupid.

Um, the kids can't carry the guns.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#212  Edited By Matterless

President William Jefferson Clinton: Speech at the Memphis Church of God in Christ. Delivered 13 November 1993.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#213  Edited By Trainer_Red

@mandude: I didn't mean just you even though I was using you as an example, I just mean in general. Most of us will forget this ever happened and the most 99% of us will do about any of this is bitch about this on forum sites and on Facebook. Not you per se (because I don't know you) but people in general. What i'm trying to say is, this thread is meaningless and will have zero significance in the real world.

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#214  Edited By mnzy
@JasonR86 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

It's not political, if it's cross-party supid.
ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#215  Edited By ajamafalous
@Jimbo said:

What exactly are people supposed to talk about in this thread (and threads like it all over the internet) if not gun control / mental health / other issues they consider relevant? 20 pages of 'oh that's so terrible :((' isn't going to do anything. No shit it's terrible.

Discuss how to prevent it happening again. You may not think it matters because 'it's only Giant Bomb' or whatever, but this is exactly how social change happens. Regular people in regular places talk until enough minds are swayed and action is demanded. You might think you only have a small voice, and that it doesn't matter what you think anyway when something like this happens, but it does matter - the direction your country goes in is ultimately decided by 300m small voices just like yours. Don't encourage people not to think and speak out just because 'it's only Giant Bomb' - that is cowardly.

Something is very, very wrong with your country and you have a duty to demand that solutions be found. We can't still be watching this happen 10, 20 years from now.

I'll just echo this. Changes in social society start from the bottom up.
subyman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#216  Edited By subyman

@ThunderSlash said:

@Mesoian said:

No Caption Provided

I just heard his name being said on the TV. I'm guessing the shooter has the same name.

Oh geez, that sucks to be that guy. Face paraded on TV as a child killer.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#217  Edited By Phatmac

It sucks that the media is going to give credit to that fucking maniac. He wants the infamy and to be known across the world. God damnit.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

#218  Edited By JasonR86

@Milkman said:

@JasonR86 said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

When's the right time then? When the next shooting happens? It's already too late.

It hasn't even been a day. Mourn for a second or two. Regardless, I don't even know if keeping concealed guns would have any effect at all on shootings positive or negative. There's a lot we don't know about how such a law would effect school violence. I can't imagine simply having a gun in school would increase or really decrease the number of school shootings. There's just not enough out there. But no matter what would happen or whether that law should come to pass or not bringing it up now just plays on the emotions of shocked people. Few people are going to be thinking rationally about guns and schools right now. Maybe not for a while. Wait to talk about this shit until we all have a moment to digest what has happened and can think clear. On the very day of a tragedy is not a time to be discussing the implementation of laws. There's too much emotion right now.

And, to me anyway, it looks like someone playing on the emotions of people who are vulnerable right now. That really bothers me.

zeforgotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#219  Edited By zeforgotten
@ajamafalous said:
@Jimbo said:

I'll just echo this. Changes in social society start from the bottom up.
All of this.
FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#220  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#221  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

Schools also means university and if they are 18 and have a license they should be allowed to if this law passes.

Trainer_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By Trainer_Red

@FluxWaveZ said:

No Caption Provided

Heh, picture of the wrong dude is now on their site.

I hope he sues the fuck out of Fox for slander. That is fucked up.

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#223  Edited By Matterless

President Obama to make statement at 3:15 ET.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

RIght, schools full of  

1. tiny kids that don't know what they're doing/the dangers of guns and may come across one by accident 
2. older kids that are fucking assholes and want to threaten someone/are going through shitty lives and let things spiral out of control in their heads (as teenagers do)  and have the capability to take a gun (or are old enough to own one)
3. teach/visitors/general outsiders 

Are the perfect places for concealed weapons. No added danger in that at all, no need to be concerned. 

Concealed guns in schools you say? Why not! Law passed!
Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#225  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Jimbo

As an American, I agree completely. I'm sick of seeing this shit happen every six months.
FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#226  Edited By FengShuiGod

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

Schools also means university and if they are 18 and have a license they should be allowed to if this law passes.

Open carry on Michigan campus's has been legal for awhile now. People who legally participate in open and/or concealed carry don't get it shootouts with someone over petty arguments. I'm not seeing how allowing concealed carry changes anything.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#227  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

@Degringolade said:

whats the time in ET now?

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#228  Edited By jking47

@Bourbon_Warrior: 2:51 I believe

Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#229  Edited By Matterless

@Bourbon_Warrior: 2:53 pm.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#230  Edited By Monkeyman04

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@Degringolade said:

whats the time in ET now?

2:52pm ET

Optix12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#231  Edited By Optix12

@Bourbon_Warrior: Im still sure its 5 hours behind GMT.

EDIT: so as of this post 2:53pm?

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By FluxWaveZ
Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#233  Edited By Ramone

I am stunned that people think the solution to horrific crimes like this is allowing everyone to carry guns so we can have untrained people having shootouts in public places.

Nottle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#234  Edited By Nottle
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By jking47
Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#236  Edited By Milkman

@JasonR86: This is the same stuff that everyone says after every shooting. And nothing ever gets done (not that I think anything will get done now either). You need to talk about when it's fresh in people's minds. What happened is fucking horrible so the talk should immediately go to how we stop this from ever happening again. We could wait and let some time pass and then nobody cares. And then the cycle repeats.

Monkeyman04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237  Edited By Monkeyman04

@FluxWaveZ said:

@Trainer_Red said:

No Caption Provided

@FluxWaveZ said:

Heh, picture of the wrong dude is now on their site.

I hope he sues the fuck out of Fox for slander. That is fucked up.

Just Fox? Seems like a whole lotta news outlets are running with this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/14/ryan-lanza-facebook-page_n_2302541.html

Wow, what a cluster fuck. He better sue every single News outlet out there. This is way people hate the news sometimes because they can't get facts right.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#238  Edited By JasonR86
Matterless

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#239  Edited By Matterless

Gun control may not be the right answer to mass shootings. But not talking about what to do is definitely the wrong answer.

TheRealJpoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By TheRealJpoe

There is a video on his Facebook of him & a friend playing GTA4. Get ready for Video Games to be blamed!

FengShuiGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#241  Edited By FengShuiGod

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

@FengShuiGod said:

@CptBedlam said:

RIght, schools full of 1. tiny kids that don't know what they're doing/the dangers of guns and may come across one by accident 2. older kids that are fucking assholes and want to threaten someone/are going through shitty lives and let things spiral out of control in their heads (as teenagers do) and have the capability to take a gun (or are old enough to own one)3. teach/visitors/general outsiders Are the perfect places for concealed weapons. No added danger in that at all, no need to be concerned. Concealed guns in schools you say? Why not! Law passed!

If a gun is found by a child, someone already messed up. I'm not sure concealed carry impacts this scenario.

If you are worried about older kids taking someones gun, then you should probably be in favor of concealed carry as it conceals the weapon. Also, older kids in high school wouldn't be able to legally carry a concealed weapon in high school.

Not sure what you mean by "teach/visitors/general outsiders", but if you are worried about people bringing a concealed gun in to do bad things, I doubt the law has much impact on that as they could have done that before too.

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#242  Edited By Milkman

@Nottle: The shooter is dead in the school.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By FluxWaveZ

@TheRealJpoe said:

There is a video on his Facebook of him & a friend playing GTA4. Get ready for Video Games to be blamed!

jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#244  Edited By jking47

Just heard the first mention of video games....but it was in reference to the kids being able to separate this reality from stuff like games. Of fucking course they will be able to tell the difference.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245  Edited By JasonR86

@Milkman said:

@JasonR86: This is the same stuff that everyone says after every shooting. And nothing ever gets done (not that I think anything will get done now either). You need to talk about when it's fresh in people's minds. What happened is fucking horrible so the talk should immediately go to how we stop this from ever happening again. We could wait and let some time pass and then nobody cares. And then the cycle repeats.

Everyone is going to care about shootings in schools forever and ever. Making rash decisions when people are upset doesn't help anyone.

Renahzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#246  Edited By Renahzor

@TheRealJpoe: It's the guns, the games, and the movies, ban em all so everyone will be safe. That's how we roll, blame everything but the idiot who decided to kill all those poor people.

Avatar image for vegetable_side_dish
Vegetable_Side_Dish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FengShuiGod said:

RIght, schools full of 1. tiny kids that don't know what they're doing/the dangers of guns and may come across one by accident 2. older kids that are fucking assholes and want to threaten someone/are going through shitty lives and let things spiral out of control in their heads (as teenagers do) and have the capability to take a gun (or are old enough to own one)3. teach/visitors/general outsiders Are the perfect places for concealed weapons. No added danger in that at all, no need to be concerned. Concealed guns in schools you say? Why not! Law passed!

If a gun is found by a child, someone already messed up. I'm not sure concealed carry impacts this scenario.

If you are worried about older kids taking someones gun, then you should probably be in favor of concealed carry as it conceals the weapon. Also, older kids in high school wouldn't be able to legally carry a concealed weapon in high school.

Not sure what you mean by "teach/visitors/general outsiders", but if you are worried about people bringing a concealed gun in to do bad things, I doubt the law has much impact on that as they could have done that before too.

"If a gun is found by a child, someone already messed up" 
Best solution: don't allow guns in schools, especially 'concealed' guns that go unaccounted for.  

" If you are worried about older kids taking someones gun" 
Best solution: don't allow guns in schools, especially 'concealed' guns that go  unaccounted  for.    

"Not sure what you mean by "teach/visitors/general outsiders", but if you are worried about people bringing a concealed gun in to do bad things"
Best solution: don't allow guns in schools, especially 'concealed' guns that go  unaccounted  for.       

Worst thing to do right now: Allow concealed guns in schools!
jking47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#248  Edited By jking47

@FluxWaveZ said:

@TheRealJpoe said:

Wow, fuck Jack Thompson. I don't even know how, but he should not be allowed to fucking talk about anything ever.

Scrawnto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#249  Edited By Scrawnto

@JasonR86 said:

@Milkman said:

@JasonR86 said:

It hasn't even been a day. Mourn for a second or two. Regardless, I don't even know if keeping concealed guns would have any effect at all on shootings positive or negative. There's a lot we don't know about how such a law would effect school violence. I can't imagine simply having a gun in school would increase or really decrease the number of school shootings. There's just not enough out there. But no matter what would happen or whether that law should come to pass or not bringing it up now just plays on the emotions of shocked people. Few people are going to be thinking rationally about guns and schools right now. Maybe not for a while. Wait to talk about this shit until we all have a moment to digest what has happened and can think clear. On the very day of a tragedy is not a time to be discussing the implementation of laws. There's too much emotion right now.

And, to me anyway, it looks like someone playing on the emotions of people who are vulnerable right now. That really bothers me.

Don't you think that maybe the people who are so aghast are that way specifically because they do mourn the deceased? Frankly, it's insulting that you would assume that their demand for change is based entirely on a dogmatic political agenda.

Antithesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#250  Edited By Antithesis

most of the people commenting on gun laws in this thread have no understanding of their local, state, or national gun laws. internet.