#1 Edited by DarthOrange (3932 posts) -

IGN released the following statement.

"Suck it Giant Bomb!"

Full video can be seen below (quote is from the last ten seconds).

I thought It was funny to see them shoot back after Jeff making fun of IGN reviews in the NHL quick look. I thought I would share it :)

Now for a question as to not make this youtube spam:

Do you like website crossover?

For me personally one of the things I used to love about Whiskey Media was how it was one giant crossover. And you would see people come out in stuff for each others sites. I personally do like seeing some guests from different sites every once in a while as they help breath some new air into the usual content. I remember a while back Brad Shoemaker was on TalkRadar to discuss the inFamous/Prototypes fan bitching in which Brad was like "yo dawg I created a website and I hired some of the old guys from gamespot to work for me like Jeff Gerstman. Also the X-Box 360 is the best console ever!" or something like that :P. It was weird to hear Brad talk about videogames outside of the comfort zone of his own podcast. Then there are the e3 podcasts that Giant Bomb does, as well as the other guests that have appeared on the bombcast like Pachter or Adam Sessler. Would you like to see more of these or do you think one or two crossovers a year during big events is more then plenty?

#2 Posted by Demoskinos (15370 posts) -

Whats a IGN?

#3 Posted by Jrinswand (1713 posts) -

Awww shiiiiiiit. Giant Bomb, the gloves are off. What are you going to do?

#4 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

I don't even remember what Jeff said =(

#5 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Whats a IGN?

I think it's an abbreviation of the Adventure Island protagonist's name.

#6 Posted by Petiew (1367 posts) -

I actualy laughed at that, well played. Although it could just have been Seth Killian's incredibly high pitched laugh that did it.

#7 Posted by MattyFTM (14454 posts) -

What did Jeff say in the NHL quick look?

#8 Edited by Snail (8690 posts) -

That guy from IGN isn't funny. But the thinks he is. That's annoying.

Edit: To clarify, that is independently from this topic. I am not taking this whole thing seriously. In fact, what he said about Giant Bomb was the funniest thing in the whole video. The rest is an unnatural, seemingly scripted conversation entirely lacking in humor. Most IGN videos seem to be like this. I just don't care for the video content of that website in general.

#9 Edited by pyromagnestir (4349 posts) -

They are afraid! This is a sign of weakness! We must finish them off!

#10 Posted by Animasta (14753 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

they were talking about how all of the NHL teams had scores higher than 4 stars, and jeff said "it's like IGN reviews in here"

#11 Posted by DarthOrange (3932 posts) -

@MattyFTM: @NickL: I added the link, he was saying how the shitty NHL team scores were like IGN scores.

#12 Posted by kerikxi (549 posts) -

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

#13 Posted by Seedofpower (3954 posts) -

@NickL said:

I don't even remember what Jeff said =(

It was an off hand comment about IGN's reviews sucking.

#14 Posted by notdavid (845 posts) -

They've had Greg on the Bombcast before, so it's all in good fun.

#15 Posted by TheHBK (5606 posts) -

@Demoskinos said:

Whats a IGN?

It's an ad site for games, usually just check out the latest in flash-ad tech. I think they sometimes have links to reviews and videos made by fans.

#16 Posted by MEATBALL (3717 posts) -

I just hope no one is actually taking this stuff seriously.

#17 Posted by Wong_Fei_Hung (634 posts) -

I stopped visiting that site after I saw their God Hand review...

#18 Edited by Phatmac (5731 posts) -

You guys do realize that Greg was on the E3 Bombcast this year right? It's all in good fun.

#19 Edited by MattyFTM (14454 posts) -

@MEATBALL said:

I just hope no one is actually taking this stuff seriously.

Of course someone is taking it seriously, this is the internet.

#20 Posted by Elyk247 (372 posts) -

Haha. Greg is actually pretty funny.

#21 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

IGN is shit. I've felt that way ever since their ME3 immaturity

#22 Posted by The_Nubster (2416 posts) -

There's a lot of mean things being said about IGN in here. There's a time and a place for that, but really, calm down. It's a joke, folks.

#23 Posted by familyphotoshoot (654 posts) -

@Snail: Could you be any more butthurt?

#24 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

and here come the people taking it seriously

#25 Posted by Snail (8690 posts) -

@familyphotoshoot said:

@Snail: Could you be any more butthurt?

I am not asshole. I genuinely don't think there are many (or any) people at IGN that have ever even made me chuckle.

I am not even taking this seriously.

But yeah go ahead, preemptively judge, be an internet hero. You're so cool.

#26 Posted by ZombiePie (5823 posts) -

If this were actually serious it's highly doubtful that Jeff would have gone on Greg Miller's video show months back and wished Greg well in his cancer treatment on Twitter. Anyways Greg's interview of Jeff was actually really good stuff:

Moderator Online
#27 Posted by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@TheHumanDove: weren't they the ones that got all of the fanboys upset because they called them all whiny neckbeads? if so that makes me love them

#28 Posted by TheHumanDove (2523 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@TheHumanDove: weren't they the ones that got all of the fanboys upset because they called them all whiny neckbeads? if so that makes me love them

He looked like a total douchebag while doing it. But yes, thats the one

#29 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@TheHumanDove: that just makes it even better to me( and i think he said somewhere later on he did it like that as a joke to make people angry ex:the whole walking outside with sunglasses on bit)

#30 Posted by Carousel (418 posts) -

@connerthekewlkid said:

@TheHumanDove: that just makes it even better to me( and i think he said somewhere later on he did it like that as a joke to make people angry ex:the whole walking outside with sunglasses on bit)

"I was only pretending to be retarded" - IGN.

#31 Posted by DeeGee (2155 posts) -

It's clearly a joke.

#32 Edited by connerthekewlkid (1844 posts) -

@CaptStickybeard: HEY YOUR SHOW ENDED 5 YEARS AGO GET OUT OF HERE

#33 Posted by Brodehouse (10300 posts) -

VIDEO GAME CRITICISM JUST GOT CRITIQUED!!

#34 Posted by NickL (2247 posts) -

@Phatmac said:

You guys do realize that Greg was on the E3 Bombcast this year right? It's all in good fun.

You are an IGN spy trying to trick us!

I'M GRABBING MY PITCHFORK RIGHT NOW!

#35 Posted by MikkaQ (10346 posts) -

Okay Jets, let's rumble!

#36 Posted by Demoskinos (15370 posts) -

@TheHBK: @Video_Game_King: Y'all missed the joke apparently. >_>

#37 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Demoskinos:

I knew I should have used "a gerund with a birth defect" instead.

#38 Posted by Demoskinos (15370 posts) -

@NickL said:

@Phatmac said:

You are an IGN spy trying to trick us!

I'M GRABBING MY PITCHFORK RIGHT NOW!

TO THE SARLACC PIT!

#39 Posted by Humanity (10715 posts) -

So sad that so many people here apparently haven't watched the NHL QuickLook. It's Jeff and Vinny playing a sport they know nothing about people. Required reading.

#40 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

@ZombiePie said:

If this were actually serious it's highly doubtful that Jeff would have gone on Greg Miller's video show months back and wished Greg well in his cancer treatment on Twitter. Anyways Greg's interview of Jeff was actually really good stuff:

... ... is that still video pic Greg Miller? This takes me all the way back to kindergarten when I loved Michael Jackson and my showed a pic of the cover to Bad and I was taken aback and shocked and said, "Michael Jackson is a girl?!?!?" If that's Greg, he looks like Pat from the old SNL skits.

First I find out the Jon Davison looks like a hippie and not Daniel Craig, them that Ryan Scott has a goatee and doesn't look even 10% as nerdy as he sounds, and now Greg Miller looks like Pat. My gaming podcast world is crumbling around me.

#41 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1282 posts) -

That is funny haha! Glad shots are being fired!

#42 Posted by Spoonman671 (4874 posts) -

I heard that IGN is evil and they're actually responsible for Greg's cancer.  Yeah, let's go with that, internet.  I want this to spread around.  IGN intentionally gives its employees cancer.  I'm a reliable source.

#43 Posted by WMWA (1162 posts) -

I really wish people didn't rag on other sites so hard. There's a lot of shittiness at every site, this one just has such a small staff that there isnt. I really like a lot of IGN employees (Greg Miller, Brian Altano, Anthony Gallegos etc..) and sites like Kotaku are putting out LOT of top notch stuff these days. Kirk Hamilton, Jason Schreier, Totillo and co. are consistenly putting out great stuff. The larger the site, the more broadly you have to appeal and the more people there are. Inviting more scrutiny and more chances for bullshit to come up. Idk, I just think people dont give these places a fair shake

#44 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

i know where i will be going for the review of this game, nowhere!

#45 Edited by CptBedlam (4463 posts) -

Not a very entertaining video...

#46 Posted by MackGyver (648 posts) -

@MattyFTM said:

Vinny first noticed that all the scores for all the teams started from 4/5 stars and higher. So Jeff then took that comment and said something like that's how IGN rates games, or something like that.

#47 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6407 posts) -

@kerikxi said:

You can't spell ignorant without IGN.

BOOOOOOOM

#48 Posted by mlarrabee (3143 posts) -

I'm getting my switchblade comb!

#49 Posted by Miketakon (515 posts) -

STAY GOLD PONY DUDERS

#50 Posted by TheVeteran13 (1235 posts) -

I now want to listen to every episode of Talkradar again, just hearing the theme song made me happy.