#1 Posted by jkmetal (95 posts) -

Sup. I'm a 20 year old dude in college, English major with a minor in journalism  blah blah whatever.

Look, I want to dye my hair. I've been thinking either straight out bleach or some kind of green/turquoise.

Thoughts?

#2 Posted by Ubergeist (416 posts) -

Sure, if you can pull it off.

#3 Posted by jkmetal (95 posts) -
Ubergeist said:
"Sure, if you can pull it off."
Hmm not sure if I can pull it off. I don't want to look gay but idk. I've always liked stuff like tattoo's and whatnot. I always thought people with dyed hair looked awesome.
#4 Posted by Black_Rose (7785 posts) -
#5 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
jkmetal said:
"I don't want to look gay but idk."

Don't worry, dying your hair turqoise definitely won't look gay.
#6 Posted by Xeros606 (545 posts) -

what does your education history have anything to do with this? anyways, if you want it, go for it. just dont do streaks, like the mallcore kiddies.

#7 Posted by jkmetal (95 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"jkmetal said:

Don't worry, dying your hair turqoise definitely won't look gay."
Yeah lol. No i've been thinking more about either a bleach or low key green.

Xeros606 said:
"what does your education history have anything to do with this? anyways, if you want it, go for it. just dont do streaks, like the mallcore kiddies."
Professionalism. College=/=highschool.
#8 Posted by Ubergeist (416 posts) -

Nah dude, one of my best friends colors his hair all the time. It's been red, green, purple, pink, even leopard spotted. Doesn't look gay.

#9 Posted by Clean (2356 posts) -

SuperCuts gets the job done : )

#10 Posted by SpikeDelight (697 posts) -

No

#11 Posted by Emilio (3380 posts) -

Sure, if you think its 1996 and you're in a ska punk band or something.

#12 Posted by GagJ (77 posts) -
Emilio said:
"Sure, if you think its 1996 and you're in a ska punk band or something."
Holla.
Seriously you'll just look stupid, no-one looks cool with green coloured hair, they just think they do
#13 Posted by SpikeDelight (697 posts) -

I fucking love Adam West Batman! Why does everyone on Giant Bomb get the idea to put him as their icon? I can't say I'm complaining though because he always makes me laugh!

#14 Posted by Justaddwater (291 posts) -

I dont think the cancer patient/snot hair look suits anyone im afraid.

Go ahead and do it if you want to mind.

#15 Posted by calf_exercises (858 posts) -

Nooooo!

keep your dignity
#16 Posted by atejas (3057 posts) -

Instant 'popularity'.

Go for it. Self-respect is only worth so much.
#17 Posted by Axersia (1615 posts) -

Dye your hair pink.

Only the manliest of manly can pull that off while still looking straight.

#18 Posted by serbsta (1867 posts) -

Go for purple, purple is the new green.

#19 Posted by WSGRandomPerson (144 posts) -

Go for teal, and/or electric blue. You'll stand out in the crowd.

#20 Posted by Kush (8889 posts) -

I wouldn't do it, but I just personally think dyeing one's hair is stupid. If you are going to do it don't bleach it because that is just nasty.

#21 Posted by zeus_gb (595 posts) -
jkmetal said:
"Sup. I'm a 20 year old dude in college, English major with a minor in journalism  blah blah whatever.

Look, I want to dye my hair. I've been thinking either straight out bleach or some kind of green/turquoise.

Thoughts?"
Why not a purple mohican?
#22 Posted by MattyFTM (14393 posts) -

Unless you go completely over the top and do it bright green or something, you'll just end up looking like a girl.

#23 Posted by tekmojo (2302 posts) -

fail

#24 Posted by DanCarmichael (220 posts) -

Go for it.

We need pics once your done.

#25 Posted by killer_meatballs (470 posts) -

Sure.  Then get the tribal tats, white belt,  eyeliner, and emo pants.

#26 Posted by Giantkitty (808 posts) -

Try it out with that temporary dye that lasts about a week (ask around and make sure its temporary) I did mine at home. That's what I did in college. I suddenly had the desire to do so a little before graduation, and I knew having dyed hair lessens your chances of getting a job, so I got a temp one and it was gone by graduation.

jkmetal said:

"BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"jkmetal said:

Don't worry, dying your hair turqoise definitely won't look gay."
Yeah lol. No i've been thinking more about either a bleach or low key green.

Xeros606 said:
"what does your education history have anything to do with this? anyways, if you want it, go for it. just dont do streaks, like the mallcore kiddies."
Professionalism. College=/=highschool.
"
Depending on the college, as long as it doesn't have some religious denomination or Billy Graham in the name, it's highly tolerated even by the professors (some even welcome it), as long as you do your work, etc.
#27 Posted by HandsomeDead (11863 posts) -

If you want to go for it, go for it. You only live once.

#28 Posted by clubsandwich (3795 posts) -
HandsomeDead said:
"If you want to go for it, go for it. You only live once."
True.
#29 Posted by ZimpanX (420 posts) -

The colors you want are pretty hard to nail properly though, the safest bet is black but if you don't want that then sure go for it. You can always cut it all off if you don't like it. :P

#30 Posted by RetroIce4 (4392 posts) -

I guess. Why are you asking us for approval? You can't decide yourself...

#31 Posted by DavidPalmer (343 posts) -

You're still in college so you can certainly do it and not stick out or look outrageous. However, I've found that with a lot of these things, as soon as you do it or after a few days you're going to regret. I'd sit and stew on it for a week or so and see if you still want to do it. If you do, then go for it. Just to make sure it isn't an impulse thing because there's nothing worse than making a change that you can't easily undo for like a month on a whim.

#32 Posted by Stacy87 (14 posts) -

Hair dye is almost never a good idea
That is, if you're looking to attract females... :-)

#33 Posted by Virago (2486 posts) -

If you're trying to get ladies.... don't do it.

#34 Posted by brukaoru (5079 posts) -

I dyed my hair once... Never again. Waste of money and stupid, in my opinion.

#35 Posted by Meowayne (6084 posts) -
tekmojo said:
"fail"
This.
#36 Posted by Player1 (3871 posts) -
jkmetal said:
"Ubergeist said:
Hmm not sure if I can pull it off. I don't want to look gay but idk. I've always liked stuff like tattoo's and whatnot. I always thought people with dyed hair looked awesome."
thats because they have confidence. If you do it, make sure you walk around campus looking like your the shit, and not hanging your head trying to hide it. 
#37 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -

I've never dyed my hair and never plan to, I just can't stand it. I don't even like it when Chicks do it.

#38 Posted by AnTiPRO (93 posts) -

lol pics would help :p

#39 Posted by BiffMcBlumpkin (3720 posts) -
Player1 said:
"jkmetal said:
"Ubergeist said:
Hmm not sure if I can pull it off. I don't want to look gay but idk. I've always liked stuff like tattoo's and whatnot. I always thought people with dyed hair looked awesome."
thats because they have confidence. If you do it, make sure you walk around campus looking like your the shit, and not hanging your head trying to hide it. "

That's actually a good suggestion. If you walk around campus looking like the shit belongs to you no one will notice your ridiculous green hair.
#40 Posted by AttackedCamo (817 posts) -

Do whatever you feel like.

#41 Posted by DARKIDO07 (876 posts) -

I would die my hair pink/purple if I could....but my parents won't even let me die my hair let alone pink/purple. :P

#42 Posted by Absurd (2934 posts) -
BiffMcBlumpkin said:
"Player1 said:
"jkmetal said:
"Ubergeist said:
thats because they have confidence. If you do it, make sure you walk around campus looking like your the shit, and not hanging your head trying to hide it. "

That's actually a good suggestion. If you walk around campus looking like the shit belongs to you no one will notice your ridiculous green hair."
I would notice, I just wouldn't care, Its your hair.