• 59 results
#1 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

#2 Posted by MorkaiTheWolf (185 posts) -

At least give it one shot. If you don't like it, you know at least and have seen it to give an honest opinion. Go for it!

#3 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

In my experience, people either totally fall in love with the absurd humor or end up just not getting it. But like said, just give it a try. Even if you hate it you've lost, what, 30 minutes of your day?

#4 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -

you definitely should

it's one of the funniest shows on right now.

#5 Posted by JasonR86 (9611 posts) -

D.

But honestly what have you got to lose? I have no idea what Adventure Time is but if you have the time to make a dumb poll on this dumb site you have the time to watch this show (if it is a show).

#6 Posted by Trainer_Red (314 posts) -

It's so stupid, but to each their own.

#7 Posted by NegativeCero (2976 posts) -

Sure, why not?

#8 Posted by Landon (4130 posts) -

If you end up not liking Adventure Time, Regular Show might be more your speed.

#9 Posted by Kyreo (4600 posts) -

So I just watched an episode of Adventure Time and... uh... I guess it's pretty fly. Maybe I'll watch another one. I'll try out this regular show....

#10 Posted by ImaTreee (209 posts) -

for me it took a few episodes for it to finally click. believe it or not there's a serious story in the later episodes of it.

#11 Posted by ominousbedroom (230 posts) -

What @ImaTreee said. Give it a fair chance and there's actually more to it! Past that it's up to you whether you're intrigued enough to stick around. Marceline/Ice King ep. made me tear up a bit.

#12 Posted by Undeadpool (4913 posts) -

@Kyreo: The show really takes off once you start seeing the dark undertones/overtones.

#13 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

@Kyreo: The show really takes off once you start seeing the dark undertones/overtones.

The show is actually pretty deep if you look into it. "What is Life?" is my favourite episode.

Couldn't find it online so here is another one : http://vimeo.com/channels/trueadventurer/51656801

#14 Posted by Patchcoat (132 posts) -

Yeah, as mentioned above, Regular Show is better:

But nothing beats The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack:

#15 Edited by Sploder (917 posts) -

You are a criminal for not watching it already

#16 Posted by 49th (2697 posts) -

Adventure Time is awesome, there's a lot of jokes which can be appreciated by older people rather than just a show for kids.

#17 Posted by DukesT3 (1893 posts) -

What is this?

#18 Posted by Video_Game_King (36107 posts) -

Yes. Most of the yeses.

#19 Posted by Master_Funk (728 posts) -

Adventure Time and Regular Show are both just killing it in terms of entertaining both kids and adults . You should really watch both.

#20 Edited by PenguinDust (12455 posts) -

@Undeadpool said:

This is really true. Over the course of its life so far, the series has created a pretty interesting mythology for itself which it explores periodically. Lately, the Lich was a focus, but with him returned the theme behind the madness of the Ice King. Since the holidays are upon us again, look for the Christmas special ("Holly Jolly Secrets") sure to air again which covers his origin. Other elements and storylines within the show I've found fascinating the amorality of Princess Bubblegum, the potential relationship between Finn and Susan Strong, why Marceline's father considers Gunter the most evil thing around, the homelessness of Lumpy Space Princess, and Peppermint Butler's ties to the Land of the Dead. So many episodes end on a curious note with story elements left completely unexplained. It gives me something to think about beyond the show's at-face value.

I find the series to be in the same niche as literary classics Alice in Wonderland, The Wizard of Oz and The Little Prince. Similarly, there is depth beyond the surface.

#21 Posted by crusader8463 (14415 posts) -

I had no idea what that is but after watching a video on youtube I can safely say you are not missing anything special.

#22 Posted by SMTDante89 (2552 posts) -

Absolutely, for reasons already mentioned earlier in the thread.

#23 Posted by Redbullet685 (6029 posts) -

I chose "Hell no!" on accident when I meant to choose "Fuck yeah!". Seriously, watch it.

#24 Posted by Demoskinos (14590 posts) -

Personally I think the art style is atrocious. I've never been able to get beyond that to care to try it.

#25 Posted by Bocam (3681 posts) -

What's the best episode of Adventure Time?

#26 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4676 posts) -

Give it a shot. I don't dislike but what unable to get into it like I did Regular Show. The characters are just better in the latter and I prefer it's humor.

#27 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3112 posts) -

It's a great show, funny for any age and it totally does have dark undertones.

#28 Posted by Nonused (212 posts) -

No.

#29 Posted by Meltac (1999 posts) -

You should watch Regular Show instead.

#30 Posted by Marz (5646 posts) -

not really, this is all you need to watch from it.

#31 Posted by Fallen189 (4944 posts) -
@Bocam said:

What's the best episode of Adventure Time?

Chamber of Frozen Blades
#32 Posted by gaminghooligan (1424 posts) -
#33 Posted by SmasheControllers (2544 posts) -

nah, Regular Show...

#34 Posted by Deusx (1903 posts) -

Why not? Don't be so thick.

#35 Posted by Little_Socrates (5675 posts) -

I think it's a pretty good show! And it's better than a lot of what's on television these days.

I don't really watch TV, but I watch Breaking Bad and Adventure Time. I'd probably like several more shows, but because I don't watch them yet, Adventure Time is definitely one of the better shows on TV in general. Waaaay better than most of the random junk on network or cable. Maybe not one of "the best" (despite interest, not yet watching Mad Men, Boardwalk Empire, Game of Thrones, The Walking Dead, Portlandia, Parks & Rec, Community, New Girl, Homeland, Revolution, or keeping up with Burn Notice) but better than a lot of the chuff I've tried to get into.

#36 Posted by supermonkey122 (813 posts) -

Regular Show is A LOT better.

#37 Posted by CollegeGuyMike (388 posts) -

I was only on board with Regular Show at first, but over time the deeper history to the world and darker undertones in Adventure Time lured me in. It's pretty good and some of the later episodes dealing with the Ice King's history are really engrossing.

#38 Posted by Fearbeard (824 posts) -

Might as well

I've only seen one episode, but I'm really interested in the the new 3DS game that just came out.

#39 Posted by Winternet (8008 posts) -

I just came here to vote D.

I'm out.

#40 Posted by FunkasaurasRex (847 posts) -

@Meltac said:

You should watch Regular Show instead.

Yo, he can watch both. Gravity Falls is also pretty dope.

#41 Posted by Brenderous (1098 posts) -

Adventure Time is delightful.

#42 Posted by Sweep (8828 posts) -

#43 Posted by AlfredCapone (164 posts) -

@FancySoapsMan said:

you definitely should

it's one of the funniest shows on right now.

#44 Posted by Hamst3r (4462 posts) -

Fuck yes. It's the best cartoon on television right now, for both humor and depth.

#45 Posted by GunstarRed (5047 posts) -

There's an episode where some bears that party all day live inside a monsters stomach... and he eats lava to stop them partying. Yeah, you should at least give it a shot, episodes are only like 15 minutes long.

#46 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5808 posts) -
#47 Edited by captain_max707 (480 posts) -

Adventure Time's awesome.

Edit: The video I had posted got taken down for copyright infringement. My statement still stands.

@ShaggE: Glad I've pointed you in the right direction.

#48 Posted by Gamer_152 (14058 posts) -

Yeah, go for it. At worse you'll have lost a relatively very small amount of time but can be sure you don't like it, and at best you'll have a new show that you love.

Moderator Online
#49 Posted by MikkaQ (10269 posts) -

Why even ask the question? Just watch it and see for your own self, it's not a big deal.

#50 Posted by CosmicBatman (317 posts) -

@Little_Socrates: I like you.