Posted by Jay_Ray (1132 posts) 1 year, 7 months ago

Poll: Should I see Rush? (99 votes)

Yes 78%
No 13%
What's a "Rush"ter Teeth? 2%
"What's a Rooster Teeth?" is too far of a callback to callback on. 7%

Help me decide, I can go see Rush near my city but where I would sit is pretty crumby. I know seeing the bad shouldn't be a problem since music is about the audio but the trip wouldn't be cheap for what I think is "half" of the experience. I am a pretty big Rush fan and have seen them before so this won't be the only opportunity for me to have seen them.

#1 Edited by JJWeatherman (14571 posts) -

I'm going to say yes, but it's not like our opinions really matter. Do what you wanna do!

I wish I could see them.

#2 Edited by Nightriff (5361 posts) -

Greatest Drummer of All Time, Most Influential Bass Player of All Time

Go Go Go

#3 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7099 posts) -

Go see them. I went to see Elton John a few years back and despite having "meh" seats, I'm really glad I did. Whenever you have the opportunity to see musical legends that you like, take it.

#4 Posted by Demoskinos (15157 posts) -

If you're such a big fan then you've answered your own question. You should most likely go.

#5 Edited by AlexW00d (6444 posts) -

Where you're going to 'sit'? Who the fuck sits at a gig?

#6 Edited by MikkaQ (10344 posts) -

Even as a Rush fan I think they ask way too much for their shows, but if it's something you enjoy I think you should go for it.

#7 Posted by cmblasko (1351 posts) -

Sure, they put on a great show and you will be able to see everything on the giant video screens they put up. I make sure to go see them whenever they're in town; guys are in their 60s, don't know how much longer they'll be touring!

#8 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

Rush is one of the best bands of all time. Still amazes me that they are a 3 person band when listening to their music. I saw them a few years ago and it was one of the best shows I have been too.

#9 Posted by Jay_Ray (1132 posts) -

Okay, decision made I'll go, now to find someone to go with.

#10 Posted by zoozilla (984 posts) -

@cmblasko said:

Sure, they put on a great show and you will be able to see everything on the giant video screens they put up. I make sure to go see them whenever they're in town; guys are in their 60s, don't know how much longer they'll be touring!

Exactly. I don't want to sound crass, but you should see them before they're gone forever.

#11 Posted by Animasta (14726 posts) -

@alexw00d said:

Where you're going to 'sit'? Who the fuck sits at a gig?

they play stadiums, so everyone gets seats. Most people stand but it was nice being able to sit on occasion.

#12 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1203 posts) -

Sure.

There you go.

#13 Posted by Rafaelfc (1462 posts) -

Always be seeing Rush!

#14 Edited by doosmacleod (189 posts) -

I went to a Rush concert a few years ago and it was pretty sweet.

Except for the times the camera for the giant display behind them would zoom in on Geddy's face and HOLYSHITHE'SSOOLD

#15 Posted by HaltIamReptar (2029 posts) -

Music is about the audio, but a concert is about the audio and a lot of other things too.

Anyways, getting a major act or an act you love off your bucket list is always a good idea.

#16 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yes, go see them. they're pretty great live. drumming is pretty cool. there are like 8 minute drum solo. the drums swing around.

#17 Posted by AgnosticJesus (545 posts) -

I'm going to see them in Cincy. I'd go if you're a fan but I've seen the set list and they're skipping a lot of their most popular songs.

#18 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1254 posts) -

Absolutely. They are my favorite band and I usually hate live music but loved seeing Rush a few years ago. They are really awesome!

#19 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

Yes. Go see them!

#20 Posted by Sauson (561 posts) -

Go for it. When they came to my city it was amazing.

#21 Posted by tnecniv (47 posts) -

I saw them in the fall. It blew my mind. You won't regret a minute of it.

#22 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6311 posts) -

They're a legendary band whether you like them or not, and I hear they still put on a great show. I say go for it dude, even if the seat is far away you should still be able to take in the show.

#23 Posted by Apparatus_Unearth (3245 posts) -

Yup, especially if you liked Clockwork Angels.

#24 Edited by zFUBARz (637 posts) -

My ladies brother goes to see them pretty much every year and loves it every time, they still put on a great show. I mean if you're paying several hundred for obstructed view maybe not(unless you're good at conning your way into better locations), but otherwise I'd say go for it.

#25 Edited by tnecniv (47 posts) -

@zfubarz said:

My ladies brother goes to see them pretty much every year and loves it every time, they still put on a great show.

At the show I went to, I met a guy who has seen them 40-some times and says they still hold up (I've only seen them the one). Of course, someone who is a big enough fan to have seen them that many times is probably a bit biased.

#26 Posted by TyCobb (1975 posts) -

I wonder if they still do this.

#27 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

Fuuuuuuuuuuck yes.

#28 Edited by Psyklon (44 posts) -

This shouldn't even be a question. If Rush is around, you go see them. Here's the thing, once you are there you will wonder why you even questioned it.

#29 Posted by tnecniv (47 posts) -

@tycobb said:

I wonder if they still do this.

They still do comical animated shorts.