#1 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

So I have this spare bedroom in my house. My girlfriends mom and her sister take one room and my girlfriends son and our son take another bedroom. Here's the scenario... I keep telling her to put her sister into the 4th room and she keeps saying she will, but it never happens. So, I mentioned why not put my computer in there with the HDTV from our room and my consoles. Also move the couches from the garage into that room as well. Pretty much a personal hang out spot. 

Well, she didn't budge on that idea and the room is still not being used. So should I just move the computer and entertainment equipment into the room or back away from pissing her off and leave the room empty.

#2 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5813 posts) -

you should turn it into your personal sex dungeon

#3 Posted by RecSpec (3798 posts) -

Go for it! 

I'm planning to do the same thing, just turn one room into your personal theater.

#4 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" you should turn it into your personal sex dungeon "
I'm going to vote for this.
#5 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

You are living with your Girlfriends mum and her sister......? Wow. Just for putting up with that you should be able to do what the fuck you like with your spare room. I am assuming you own the house?

#6 Posted by blueduck (964 posts) -
@Tarsier said:
" kill them all "
Nah man got with the sex dungeon.
#7 Posted by President_Barackbar (3448 posts) -

I think you need to tell her that if she isn't going to move someone in there than the room is going to waste. If she still doesn't move anyone in there, go for it. Its not like you couldn't move all that stuff out if she eventually decided to put someone in there.

#8 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@leebmx said:
" You are living with your Girlfriends mum and her sister......? Wow. Just for putting up with that you should be able to do what the fuck you like with your spare room. I am assuming you own the house? "
I'm renting it. Under my name. My girlfriends mom is just paying me rent for her room.
#9 Posted by Tireyo (6409 posts) -

Whatever floats your boat bud. Do what you think is best.

#10 Posted by Jams (2960 posts) -

I'd tell her to either find a use for the room or it's going to become an entertainment room (or sex dungeon).

#11 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
 "I'm renting it. Under my name. My girlfriends mom is just paying me rent for her room. "
Since you're paying for the place do it. I did the same with thing to a bedroom in my house and it's great to have a "media room" to chill in. Be sure to get a mini fridge and stock it with drinks.
#12 Posted by Fajita_Jim (1463 posts) -

Dude, it's called a Den.

#13 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@hexx462 said:
" @ch13696 said:
 "I'm renting it. Under my name. My girlfriends mom is just paying me rent for her room. "
Since you're paying for the place do it. I did the same with thing to a bedroom in my house and it's great to have a "media room" to chill in. Be sure to get a mini fridge and stock it with drinks. "
Aaaaaawwwwww... I just had a mini fridge in my room, but we sold it. Damn it, how come you didn't tell me about this sooner?
#14 Posted by Jimbo (9796 posts) -

It's not an unreasonable request considering you're housing half of her family for some reason.

#15 Posted by melcene (3056 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
"  So should I just move the computer and entertainment equipment into the room or back away from pissing her off and leave the room empty. "
At least you realize that doing this is likely to piss her off.  Not that it should, but apparently it will.  If you decide to go through with it make sure your arguments are all laid out in your head ahead of time.  And put something for her in there too.  Does she sew or something?  Put her hobby stuff in there too if you can.  That will diffuse the situation.
#16 Posted by Joeybagad0nutz (1438 posts) -

Sex Dungeon WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! 

Nah just put your shit in there.
#17 Posted by fwylo (3556 posts) -

I vote man cave.

#18 Posted by hexx462 (506 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" Aaaaaawwwwww... I just had a mini fridge in my room, but we sold it. Damn it, how come you didn't tell me about this sooner? "
Think of these things before you go sell off your perfectly good emergency beer (or sodas if you're into that stuff) storage.
#19 Posted by leebmx (2238 posts) -

@ch13696 said:
" @leebmx said:
" You are living with your Girlfriends mum and her sister......? Wow. Just for putting up with that you should be able to do what the fuck you like with your spare room. I am assuming you own the house? "
I'm renting it. Under my name. My girlfriends mom is just paying me rent for her room. "  
You must be a very patient man. If I were to put up with a situation like that, some sort of space for me to escape would be mandatory.
#20 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@melcene said:
" @ch13696 said:
"  So should I just move the computer and entertainment equipment into the room or back away from pissing her off and leave the room empty. "
At least you realize that doing this is likely to piss her off.  Not that it should, but apparently it will.  If you decide to go through with it make sure your arguments are all laid out in your head ahead of time.  And put something for her in there too.  Does she sew or something?  Put her hobby stuff in there too if you can.  That will diffuse the situation. "
She likes cooking. So I don't think I can put a kitchen in there.
#21 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Don't just take it into your own hands to make it a hang out spot. If she's not into the idea, maybe you need to try harder to convince her, or come up with some alternative ideas. Or why don't you help her sister move into that room?

#22 Posted by SuperSambo (2858 posts) -

Ask the sister to move in. If she doesnt want to then go ahead.

#23 Posted by MadeinFinland (839 posts) -

Do what she tells you to do.

#24 Posted by CornBREDX (5046 posts) -

If you want a happy relationship just let it go.

Although, if you're in a relationship with someone who can't make up their mind and would rather leave it empty than decide or compromise on this you may not be in a happy one in which case do what you want.

From here it's your call.

#25 Posted by PrivateIronTFU (3874 posts) -

What's with all the 'sex dungeon' comments? Who has a sex dungeon above ground? I know mine sure as shit isn't. 

#26 Posted by ___pocalypse (561 posts) -

Sounds reasonable. If they don't want to use the room as an actual bedroom, turning it into a den wouldn't be a bad idea. Lots of people like keeping their living room TV and console free because it looks classier and makes the living room a general hangout space, and having your own space (as long as you tell them they can use it too I guess) is always nice.

I'd reiterate that you want the room to be used for SOMETHING and that it's fine if it's a bedroom, but if they don't want to do anything about it you're going to go ahead and make it the den.

#27 Posted by bombHills (632 posts) -

That's quite the household you got, do whatever you need to stay sane.

#28 Posted by Fripplebubby (1027 posts) -

If the room is empty, use it.