Show off your tattoos

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys,

I'm almost done with a full sleeve and I thought I would share some photos with you guys. I love seeing other peoples tattoos and was wondering if anybody has any that they would like to share?

I apologise for the weird placement of the pictures, I have never posted photos on GB before and couldn't really figure out a better way to position them.

Thanks duders!

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Posting to try to figure out how to post pictures from my phone

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flatblack: I don't think you can? At least I never figured out how.

flatblack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pompouspizza: in that case I guess I'll post em later when I can get to a computer

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only have 1 so far, got it a couple months ago. Looking to get some more in a little while, just haven't had any ideas that really feel worth it at the moment. Had a really bad speech impediment when I grew up, did years of speech therapy, and R was the sound I had the most trouble with. Took this a day or two after I got it so the skin was still a little bit irritated.

No Caption Provided

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#6  Edited By ajamafalous
ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Freddy's glove on my forearm, which is going to be the centerpiece of a full horror-themed sleeve eventually. First I want to get it colored and detailed, though, as the detail is sparse at the moment and some extremely minor errors need fixed. (the picture makes it look worse than what it is, due to the odd angle I had my arm at). I don't have the full sleeve anywhere near mapped out yet, but I do know that the next addition will be the Lament Configuration from Hellraiser.

I also (seriously) want to dedicate one leg to tattoos of things specifically chosen to baffle people... i.e., the Frasier logo, French Stewart riding Wishbone like a horse, a Zune, and a chibi version of Richard Karn saying "I disagree, Tom".

No Caption Provided
pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By pompouspizza

@zella: That's a really nice story.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pompouspizza
Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I've got this one on my chest (obviously). Picture was taken as it was finished so parts of it are a bit more raw than it is now after it's had time to settle down.

teekomeeko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By teekomeeko

The main one I have now is a design featuring a crest from my book series and Kingdom Hearts keyblades above and below it (Oathkeeper and Guardian Soul respectively). I got it to celebrate finishing the lore of that series of novels and to start a series of black and white tattoos featuring things that matter to me in words if not intended purpose. Next up and on the other side of that same forearm is a pattern based on either the Hubble or James Webb Space Telescope combined with the phrase "extreme deep field" in Arabic. The other forearm / upper arm will be for colored designs, probably involving video games, D&D, and anime bullshit.

No Caption Provided

Also @shagge: Goodness those random tattoo ideas sound incredible.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bonsai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

No Caption Provided

The best picture I could take with my phone right now.

I plan on having it be a half sleeve, and then starting a new one for my forearm. I just need to find my artist, since he moved since I first got this done.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pompouspizza: Cheers dude. It's the first piece I've gotten. Took a long time to get finished because of scheduling between me and the artist but I'm really happy with how it turned out.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jesus_phish: that's impressive for your first tattoo. How did you find the pain? I plan to get my chest tattooed next year.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pompouspizza: It varied from section to section.

The bellows on my ribs was not particularly nice but manageable. My nipple was fine, it actually doesn't hurt that much at all. You can't really see it in the picture but we tattoed the whole thing. It was more funny than painful. My sternum though was horrible, I don't even like thinking about it. It was the worst feeling of being cut from the inside with a hot knife. Awful, awful stuff. The clavicle was actually so relaxing to have tattooed that I almost fell asleep. But most of the chest was totally fine, was able to hold a conversation while getting it done. My artist has worked on my girlfriend and a few of our friends and he's a cool guy that talks about Star Wars and dumb shit while he works.

What I will say is that most of this piece was done with round needle groupings as me and the artist found out that my skin likes rounds more than flats. Flats where used sparing on the shading part but flats hurt me a lot more for some reason and cause me to bleed heavily.

KillEm_Dafoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

@jesus_phish: That's fucking incredible, duder!

I have three for now. Don't know when I'll have the money to get started on my next one, but I cannot wait.

No Caption Provided

This was my first one, got it done almost years ago exactly. Obviously I took the idea from Ryan. I originally got it as part of my mom's birthday gift that year, and she loved it. Then Ryan passed away the following year and it also became a sort of memorial to him.

No Caption Provided

My second one is the logo for my favorite band, Sevendust. Still want to get this one added to eventually.

No Caption Provided

For whatever reason, the site keeps uploading my pics sideways with no option to rotate. Anyway, this is my most recent one, which I finally finished about a month and half ago. It took 4 sessions across 2 and a half years and a hefty chunk of change. I'm real proud of this one, though. I eventually want it to be a full sleeve. The next addition to it will be a xenomorph climbing up the rock the dragon is standing on, with its tail wrapping around my forearm/wrist.

Digaumgrunge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have the chinese characters for "Fortune" and "Friend" (運 友) inside my right arm. Me and three friends all got these tattoos in 2000, I was 16 years old... It's probably time to get a new one.

No Caption Provided

@jesus_phish the shading and color in that are amazing!

@zella I'm always thinking about getting a d20 tattooed in the same spot as your "R". I just can't decide if it should be facing me (like yours is) or the world (effectivelly, turning it upside down). Did you considered that too?

Zella

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Zella

@digaumgrunge: Yeah my artist assumed I wanted it facing out when I first talked to him but I always wanted it facing me. It's a personal tattoo and is more of a message to myself than an art piece. My next one I am planning to be more visually interesting and would have it facing outwards.

Thanks for the kind words about my R duders!

tyn0mite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zella that is awesome!

This thread really makes me want to pull the trigger on getting my first tattoo.

pompouspizza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tyn0mite: What do you have in mind? I recently had more done to my arm than is shown in the original pictures. Getting your elbow tattooed really really hurts!

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I'd really like to upload mine, but the site keeps rotating everything clockwise 90 degrees. Does anyone know how to fix that?

Avatar image for jdizzlefoshizzle
jdizzlefoshizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

These are my two tattoos. The one on the left is the font from the Italian poster for the release of The Good, The Bad and The Ugly which is one of my favorite movies. My actual favorite is Once Upon A Time in the West which was the next film by the same director (Leone), but The Good The Bad and The ugly made for a better tattoo. The tattoo on the right is on my same arm but further up and it is a cartoony profile of a mountain range is the Catskills in upstate NY. Specifically these are the seven mountains I hiked on a camping trip I lead for a job I took a couple summers ago where I (and my coworker) lead a camping trip meant to be a bonding experience/character building trip for 16 year olds. The whole thing was part of a counselor in training program for a summer camp and I was a Counselor In Training Coordinator meant to teach these kids how to take care of kids. Anyways the Camping trip was really fun and I was proud enough that I got my out of shape video game playing ass over seven mountains so I got a tattoo of it. The letters on the botton are the initials for each of the mountanis: Terrace Wittenberg, Cornell, Slide, Table, Wildcat.

fexdex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By fexdex

I've always been fascinated with tattoos. Personally, I have 2 tattoos. One on my right arm, one on my neck but i seriously want some more. I'm planning to make on my body smth like these http://inkprofy.com/biomechanical-tattoo-designs/

toopopplio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

If you know where my tattoo is from, good on you for watching one of the best fictional works ever.

Saik0u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

A Rorschach of skulls I designed for myself.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is mine to add to the japanese themed ones. Gonna extend it to just before the elbow soon.

big_jon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

No Caption Provided

A picture from when I got the one on my forearm

Avatar image for deactivated-598559349432d
deactivated-598559349432d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Overdue for a couple touch ups. Definitely want more..

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#34  Edited By Genkkaku
No Caption Provided

First one I got is from the Movie Brick my favourite film ( a pattern with most of my tattoos)

No Caption Provided

A Origami Unicorn from Blade Runner

No Caption Provided

The original poster from the movie the Thing

No Caption Provided

A portrait of Ciri from Witcher 3

Not nearly enough, I need more.

@jdizzlefoshizzle You should totally get a harmonica for Once upon a time

toopopplio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toopopplio: Did you get yours in Thailand, too?

Hawaii. Felt fitting since the show was shot there.

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've got a circle (not filled in) the size of a dime on the inside of my right wrist. Had it for 19 years now. I've been mocked a number of times by people with "real" tattoos for it, which I find ironic coming from people who should know what it's like being stigmatized for choices I've made with what I do with my body. They're a minority though.

SmallStep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Genkkaku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@smallstep: Thanks! I've travelled interstate to get most

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#39 sgtsphynx  Moderator

My only tattoo. The words came from a drunken joke.

No Caption Provided