Showering: Before bed or After Waking up?

• 124 results
lead_dispencer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lead_dispencer

First off, Im leaving this as a discussion because polls are stupid and used only by sinister men who wrestle in jumpsuits.

I have developed a habit where I shower before going to bed. I feel like its a great way to subconsciously transition myself to relax mode after a day of work (or heavy video gaming). It relaxes me and since I live in Arizona, its nice to have wet hair. It keeps me cool. Sometime though I decide to shower after I wake up the next morning because it will wake me up and rejuvenate me and it gets my day going almost better than the average cup of coffee.

So Duders and Dudettes, what are your thoughts? Is one better than the other? Or do both? or is hygiene only reserved for the high class folk?

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

I alternate. Though I'm more likely to just have a bath if it's late at night. The morning rush doesn't really allow for baths.

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I prefer to take one late afternoon usually. I don't like taking one before bed, as that usually means my hair is an unruly mess when I wake up, and I'm usually too preoccupied with other stuff in the morning. The late afternoon is a good way to relieve the stress of the day but still have time to be awake.

stryker1121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always have showered at night, largely for the 'sleep mode' transitional reason you state. Also my apartment gets very warm in the summer (stupid western exposure) and showering before bed cools me off. In the morning I wash my face.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I shower before bed too. Gotta feel clean before hopping into bed and going to sleep.

warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The purpose of showering is to not be sweaty and stinky around other people, so I shower about 15 minutes before I leave the house -- whatever time of day that may be.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely at night. I work outside so going out in the winter with wet hair probably isn't a great idea. Also I am often filthy from work and shower as soon as I get home. It seems kinda dumb to shower again in the morning.

sgtsphynx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 32

#8 sgtsphynx  Moderator

For a long time I showered when I woke up, it was a great help in actually waking up that I never had an issue with it. Then I got a job working on cars and was completely filthy when I got home, so I started taking showers once I got home from work and stopped taking them when I woke up. Now it depends on the day since I no longer work that job.

briggs713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Always in the morning to wake up and feel clean. Sometimes another shower at night if I feel gross.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Depends. If it's during fall/winter where it's most likely cold at night and I won't sweat, I'll shower at night. If it's during the summer where I usually wake up sweating like I just got done working out, I'll shower in the morning.

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

Shower in the morning to wake me up.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Doesn't everybody shower before and after bed? At the same time?

Niceanims

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever it's convenient, honestly. I try to do it at night so I have more time in the morning before school, work, etc.

Avatar image for deactivated-62a216db3532b
deactivated-62a216db3532b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't everybody shower before and after bed? At the same time?

I will now!

development

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was gonna be about either masturbating or pooping.

I shower after I wake up because all rational people recognize how sweaty and greasy humans get during the night. Also I fart a lot in my sleep. Probably turn my boxers a good 10% more brown by morning. Hell yeah I wanna shower after that. Plus, I'm a half-Italian breed who gets greasy in about 6 hours, so I'd rather shower before starting my day to prolong the non-greasy phase as much as possible. All signs point to showering post-sleep being the sensible choice.

SomberOwl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I can't imagine going a whole day before showing. So I shower in the morning so I'm clean for the day.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

Zeik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@warpr said:

The purpose of showering is to not be sweaty and stinky around other people, so I shower about 15 minutes before I leave the house -- whatever time of day that may be.

Showering won't stop that. It's not an antiperspirant.

hatking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you're like me, and do those in the shower, then it kind of is!

Avatar image for deactivated-613c903ddf820
deactivated-613c903ddf820

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Mostly I shower before I go to bed because it's a nice way to clear your head and relax + I don't want to go to bed feeling dirty or maybe smelling a little ripe. When it's really warm during the night I tend to shower both before bed and after waking up.

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morning always morning.

afabs515

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morning. Otherwise, my hair gets super greasy. I'm Italian, so I guess it's to be expected, but I have to shower in the morning.

Ramone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Always in the morning, but sometimes both.

Sergio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@hatking said:

@development said:

If you're like me, and do those in the shower, then it kind of is!

Stop pooping in the shower.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the morning. Why would you shower just so you could spend 8 hours getting smelly again before you leave the house?

Lausebub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the evening, but I usually shower more often in summer. But I never shower in the morning. I'd rather sleep an extra 20 minutes instead.

Sanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always shower after i wake up because especially in the summer i sweat like crazy while i sleep, but i get a shower in the evenings too if im dirty from work or im going out somewhere,

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

A shower after waking up takes away some of the suck from the horrible tragedy that is waking up.

Jesus_Phish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just sleep in the shower. Simples.

Dalerax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I shower in the evening after coming home from work and working out. I'm sweaty from working out and still dirty from my job that has me working with heavy machinery in a warehouse. It only makes sense to do it then. Typically I'm just winding down and sleeping between then and the morning, so I don't feel too dirty when I'm getting ready for work the next day. If I did for whatever reason, I'd shower again.

Victorboris1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lead_dispencer: Real men don't shower, the natural musk of an alpha male is considered to be aphrodisiac by a vast majority of the female population.

@jesus_phish: Hmmm, yes yes yes.... I like where you're going with that.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Your aggressive aversion to visual statistics is revealing of deeper issues in your personality, and duder is a genderless word.

Typically morning, I like to feel clean during the day.

Strife777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely after waking up, because I sweat more than I care to admit while I sleep. Also wakes you up a bit.

I might shower in the evening too if the day was particularly...dirty? Know wut I'm saying?

reisz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Both?

Both.

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I take before bed and after waking up. I take one before bed because it cleans all the dirty off me throughout the day. Your skin gets a lot oilier than you think. I then take one after waking up because it refreshes me, and its just part of my ritual. I remember the horrible days in high school when I didn't get a shower after waking up.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Well technically there is nothing stupider than going in your nice clean bed without having taken a shower, and then grinding all that sweat, dirt and grime into your pillow and sheets over the course of the night.

But to each their own. I used to shower in the morning because my living situation didn't permit me to take them at night and the one perk is that it wakes you up in the morning.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

I used to do it before bed, but now I do it when I wake up.

@humanity said:

Well technically there is nothing stupider than going in your nice clean bed without having taken a shower, and then grinding all that sweat, dirt and grime into your pillow and sheets over the course of the night.

When you really think about it, it is kinda gross. I at least wash my face before heading to bed.

mjk0104

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My bed's probably filthy anyway, though it can be useful to relax. I usually go when I wake up, mainly to assist the actual process of waking up at 5:30, which doesn't really come naturally.

Avatar image for relentlessrolento
RelentlessRolento

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Morning.

I don't drink coffee, so this is my "get me up". Hard to start a day without it.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

@jjor64: I am sometimes tempted to not shower before bed when I come home from a night out and I've been drinking, it's 4am and I just want to sleep - but I've managed to keep a clean record and drag myself under that shower every time.

InternetDotCom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Either way I can never wash away the shame

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Evenings, mostly. I don't sweat much (if at all) during sleep so I'm pretty fresh when I wake up. Then in the morning I just wash my face and hair, slap on some Old Spice and I'm good to go.

Also, I'm going to use this thread as a reference for my friend who seems to believe it is weird and wrong to shower at night.

Osaladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I go to the gym in the mornings after I wake up, so a shower is necessary before I go to work. Even if I didn't work out though, I'd still shower when I wake up. Gotta be clean for work. If I do any activities that get me dirty throughout the day, I'll shower before bed.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Before bed, because for some reason I'm always so much more tired after I do that than if I don't.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

hmm, both? before work and after work.

oldenglishc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Both, always followed with generous amount of gold bond spray powder.

I don't know you one shower a day heathens live with your stink.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I shower every morning so I smell good. If I do something involving lots of sweat I'll wash up a little.

Vinny_Says

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity said:

But to each their own. I used to shower in the morning because my living situation didn't permit me to take them at night and the one perk is that it wakes you up in the morning.

real talk! Who goes to bed and ruins their sheets with all the dirt accumulated throughout the day? It's just weird to me. Probably the same people who only change their sheets like once a month...

HerbieBug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Twice a day. Once in the morning and once after work. Sometimes only one shower per day on weekends but not always.

Avatar image for zomgfruitbunnies
Zomgfruitbunnies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Definitely before bed. In the morning if possible.

Yes, yes, I know about all of the people in Africa not having enough water to drink and here I trying to take two showers a day.

I'm sorry. OKAY?