Showering: Before bed or After Waking up?

• 124 results
warpr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@brandino said:

@warpr said:

The purpose of showering is to not be sweaty and stinky around other people, so I shower about 15 minutes before I leave the house -- whatever time of day that may be.

I can understand if you are a morning runner but unless you are a non-human who suddenly develops terrible hygiene in the 6-9 hours you sleep you don't HAVE to shower in the mornings. And unless you have that alien condition it doesn't matter if you do it at night or in the mornings.

Right now I'm in a city where it's pretty hot all the time (30°C / 86 °F throughout the year), so it doesn't take much to get sweaty and I'll often shower two or three times during the day, whenever I feel like taking a shower. I consistently shower around 5:00 PM, because I work from home during the day and go out to meet friends or get something to eat after work.

I certainly need much less showers when I'm back home in a much colder country.

defaultprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Waking up. I don't drink coffee and it helps me to wake up and be relaxed for the rest of the day.

slindz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#103  Edited By slindz

Both. I am a crank in the morning without waking up in a shower. And I love listening to old GB podcasts in the shower before bed, it's a nice cooldown after a long day.

artelinarose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

All showers are both before you go to sleep and after you wake up, if you think about it.

handlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By handlas

I find it weird that people find it weird that I do both. Do you really want to go to bed feeling gross and dirty from the day? I don't. And when I wake up I'm very disheveled and feel like I've slobbered all over myself... must clean that up.

I also poop every morning. Fun fact.

Muze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I work in food service so I always end up coming home smelling of food and sweat, so I shower after my work shifts and go to bed. If I'm not working I shower after I wake up, I feel a lot better when I do.

Avatar image for machofantastico
MachoFantastico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

User Lists: 4

It's a morning thing for me, to help wake me up most of the time.

AMyggen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Always after waking up. Always.

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Usually, if I have to wake up super early in the morning I take a shower before going to bed.

UltimAXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, before bed all the time every time. Who wants to go lie down in bed and sleep being all gross from the events of the day?

Although, since I work nights and into the morn and also go to the gym at like 1 pm or whenever I'm not lazy, I take showers at all sorts of times.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Right before sleep if I haven't left the area for whatever reason.

Immediately on coming home after work/school/trips/stuff to get the city grime off asap.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#112  Edited By RonGalaxy

I prefer taking a shower at night. I'm not sure what it is, but the idea of it is nicer. Its very calming/soothing to take a shower while everyone else around me is sleeping. Morning showers are more practical though

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have a hard time sleeping if I haven't taken a shower before going to bed, so I always take a shower at night.

zaccheus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I shower every morning straight out of bed, it's really hard to get my day going otherwise.

dorkymohr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

Before work in the morning, walking around all day feeling grimey is the worst. Before bed as well if I'm having trouble sleeping but that's pretty infrequent.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Always in the morning. Unless, of course, I've been out doing some exercise and sweating. I get up at 4:50 in the morning, go out for a run, take a shower, have a very light breakfast and off to work by 7:30. It works out for me, and I make the most of my day.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Usually before bed, gives me a little extra time to sleep in, but sometimes I'm even too lazy to shower before bed so I'll get one in the morning.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ca104190dca
deactivated-58ca104190dca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After waking up & during the day if I need it, like after running/swimming.

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

After bed, before is gross, you sweat when you sleep, SHOWER IN THE MORNING PEOPLE.

isomeri

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 26

Before going to bed because I usually get off work pretty late and I gotta wash off that work grime as soon as I get home.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

I get up, take a shower, go to the gym and then rinse off. If I have had a rough day or the house is hot at night I will take a cool rinse as well. I try to only shampoo once a day, so really anything other than my daily cleaning I just rinse off.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#122  Edited By Zevvion

@humanity

Well technically there is nothing stupider than going in your nice clean bed without having taken a shower, and then grinding all that sweat, dirt and grime into your pillow and sheets over the course of the night.

But to each their own. I used to shower in the morning because my living situation didn't permit me to take them at night and the one perk is that it wakes you up in the morning.

I just want to point out this makes no sense. You sweat a ton when you sleep. When you don't clean your bed's sheet for two weeks there is a serious amount of accumulated sweat soaked and dried up in it. As your skin.

Basically, when you get out of bed, you're dirty. No matter if you showered before going to bed. That said, it's not that dirty of course. Still, I prefer to shower in the morning. Most human contact happens during day time for me, including sexy time mostly. I like to be as clean for it as I can comfortably get. It's a common misconception that people think you won't get dirty during sleeping. It's actually the equivalent of an intense two hour training session. Think about that next time you get out of bed.

I shower multiple times a day usually though. For instance, it's summer now. I go swimming and shower after for obvious reasons. I train, then go shower as well.

sweep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 14

#123 sweep  Moderator

Usually in the morning, but I go to the gym at lunch and I shower then as well, so if I'm feeling OK when I wake up I tend to skip it.

I rarely shower in the evening but it's super nice feeling really clean and climbing into a bed with fresh sheets.

jschmoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an office job, so definitely morning. I ain't going to work sweaty. On the weekend, it's sometime between getting up and either going out or going back to bed.

robsamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't get how people don't shower in the morning. You sweat so much while you sleep.

I think I'll start showering in the evenings as well though.

rethla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By rethla

I shower in the evening becouse then i dont have to change sheets as often and also i can snooze a little longer in the morning. In these World cup times however it gets so late i just crash into the bed 0200 to tired to take a shower so i have no choice but to shower 4hours later before i have to go to work.