Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

Had some time, made this:

Cheers!

#1 Posted by Demoskinos (13856 posts) -

@jan: While this is pretty cool you should really give some more commentary in your initial post or a moderator is going to lock it.

#2 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

@jan: While this is pretty cool you should really give some more commentary in your initial post or a moderator is going to lock it.

Maybe he's just a very shy guy.

#3 Posted by Turbyne (98 posts) -

You're talented. You deserve a job. Now that's what a Mario game in HD should look like!

Atleast in the darker sections. It's a little more realistic looking but not too much.

#4 Edited by crusader8463 (14311 posts) -

Heh. Everytime I see a wireframe that has triangle polygons I get nam style flashbacks of yelling at myself about how I can't have triangles in my models from when I was in college. They must all have four vertices! Did you model him to be in the walking pose or did you make a skeleton and rig it too? I always hated rigging and could never select the right vertices to link to the bones so that they animated in such a way that didn't look horrific.

#5 Posted by Jan (153 posts) -

@crusader8463: Haha, it doesn't bother me that much and it's mostly unevitalble. There's always one triangle waiting to happen. =D

The model is rigged.

#6 Edited by EVO (3781 posts) -
@jan said:

@crusader8463: Haha, it doesn't bother me that much and it's mostly unevitalble. There's always one triangle waiting to happen. =D

Are you bothered by those ngons?

#7 Posted by tavistavistavis (33 posts) -

@demoskinos said:

Maybe he's just a very shy guy.

That was funny jack

#8 Posted by JackSukeru (5817 posts) -

Honestly though I don't know anything about 3D modelling, but that looks pretty good.

I also love these little guys and their little masks.

#9 Edited by Toxeia (721 posts) -

I don't know if it's jpeg compression artifacts, or you textured the red coat to look fuzzy... but I like it.

#10 Posted by SexyToad (2739 posts) -

Nah, not really. He's known to make these often.

anyways, great job again Jan!

#11 Edited by Jan (153 posts) -

Thanks, everyone!

@sexytoad: As always, you're too kind. =) Thanks!

@toxeia: Yes, the coat is textured for some fuzzyness, but the jpeg compression gave it an extra flair, I must admit. =D

#12 Edited by Hilbert (347 posts) -

Nice job, it looks great.

Shy guy could be a serial killer in a horror slasher movie.

#13 Edited by ThomasG666 (154 posts) -

Pretty cool :)

#14 Edited by iam3green (14388 posts) -

i like it. very nice job.