Sigh! Another one bites the dust...

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 10

Edited By SpawnMan

What is it with me and losing good online friends??? I'm dead tired because I was up til 7:10 AM arguing with a now ex-best friend on xbox LIVE. It's kinda more complicated than it'll probably sound, but here's the deal: He helped me boost A Series of Tubes on Gears of War (which btw, I actually got! Yess!!) which took about 10 hours on my laggy connection. He helped with about 20 games, so about 20 minutes all up per match. We were still playing and having a good time (IE, I wasn't torturing him!), but afterwards every time I saw him he acted like he'd cured cancer or given me a gold en egg, holding it over my head. It's not that I wasn't grateful or anything, but if you supposedly do something from the goodness of your heart for a friend, you don't then hold it over their head and then do annoying shit like suddenly ask for MSP!

So two days ago he did something which really pissed me off. I asked him never to do it again. The very next day he does it again, and coz I was in a bad mood, I deleted him. I was ready to add him back if he just promised not to do the thing he'd done again, but he was all like "After EVERYTHING I've done for you! You gave me nothing and I gave you an achievement! Surely the mean shit I did doesn't compare to that? IDC about you you fake friend BLAH BLAH BLAH" Um no buddy, all the achievements in the world doesn't give you any right to disrespect me. 

So we just argued for like 8 hours straight via messages. His arrogance grew so great this is what he sent "I think a sincere apology is in order - you said I'm right, you're wrong and then give me 1600 MSP and I'll take you back". I thought he was f*cking taking the piss! I was prepared to apologize and put it behind us if he did the same. No chance. So yeah, apparently he's a dick and I never knew it. 

So yet again I've lost a good friend. I must either be a terrible judge of character or I must be missing something. So now I've got very few "best" friends left online. It's very hard to find the personalities you bond with that much every day and I guess I'm gonna be a lone wolf for a while online. I think this is kinda different to most of the other times where this guy was actually a narcissistic weirdo and I never knew (as opposed to someone who didn't like how I played and got shitty about it). So oh well. I'm tempted to post all the messages he sent up here for a good laugh, but there's literally 50 of them. : /

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SpawnMan

What is it with me and losing good online friends??? I'm dead tired because I was up til 7:10 AM arguing with a now ex-best friend on xbox LIVE. It's kinda more complicated than it'll probably sound, but here's the deal: He helped me boost A Series of Tubes on Gears of War (which btw, I actually got! Yess!!) which took about 10 hours on my laggy connection. He helped with about 20 games, so about 20 minutes all up per match. We were still playing and having a good time (IE, I wasn't torturing him!), but afterwards every time I saw him he acted like he'd cured cancer or given me a gold en egg, holding it over my head. It's not that I wasn't grateful or anything, but if you supposedly do something from the goodness of your heart for a friend, you don't then hold it over their head and then do annoying shit like suddenly ask for MSP!

So two days ago he did something which really pissed me off. I asked him never to do it again. The very next day he does it again, and coz I was in a bad mood, I deleted him. I was ready to add him back if he just promised not to do the thing he'd done again, but he was all like "After EVERYTHING I've done for you! You gave me nothing and I gave you an achievement! Surely the mean shit I did doesn't compare to that? IDC about you you fake friend BLAH BLAH BLAH" Um no buddy, all the achievements in the world doesn't give you any right to disrespect me. 

So we just argued for like 8 hours straight via messages. His arrogance grew so great this is what he sent "I think a sincere apology is in order - you said I'm right, you're wrong and then give me 1600 MSP and I'll take you back". I thought he was f*cking taking the piss! I was prepared to apologize and put it behind us if he did the same. No chance. So yeah, apparently he's a dick and I never knew it. 

So yet again I've lost a good friend. I must either be a terrible judge of character or I must be missing something. So now I've got very few "best" friends left online. It's very hard to find the personalities you bond with that much every day and I guess I'm gonna be a lone wolf for a while online. I think this is kinda different to most of the other times where this guy was actually a narcissistic weirdo and I never knew (as opposed to someone who didn't like how I played and got shitty about it). So oh well. I'm tempted to post all the messages he sent up here for a good laugh, but there's literally 50 of them. : /

Avatar image for gunslingerpanda
GunslingerPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By GunslingerPanda

How old are you? You and he both sound like 12 year olds.

So whats this terrible thing he did to you... over XBox Live?

Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By SethPhotopoulos

He just sounds fucking dumb.  And I don't know what he did to get you all pissy to the point where you had to get in this stupid fight and whining that you lost your "best friend."  You've never met the dude.

Dany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Dany

You two are acting like children over a god damn video game.

imsh_pl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By imsh_pl
@Dany said:

CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By CaLe

Don't make friends over Xbox-Live.

Deusx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deusx

This thread is pointless. Make some real friends.

iDarktread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By iDarktread

The only people I've ever befriend over the internet are people from closed communities. I'd say that unless you're willing to buy your Xbox Live friends with Microsoft Points, you shouldn't let something like this take up too much of your time.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SpawnMan

Bahaha AND now he got me banned for having the word "nude" in my bio. LMFAO! Now I feel kinda badass though with "Code of Conduct" plastered all over my page. ; ) 

And no I'm not letting it get to me, I'm just sharing. : )

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#10  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

@Dany said:

Avatar image for superwristbands
SuperWristBands

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SuperWristBands

@SpawnMan said:

LMFAO! Now I feel kinda badass though with "Code of Conduct" plastered all over my page. ; )

How old are you?

kishan6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kishan6
@GunslingerPanda said:

You and he both sound like 12 year olds with to much time on the ecksbawks.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@CaLe said:

Don't talk like that about Xbox Live, it's filled with nice people, you cunt n***** faggot 

(get it?)
CaLe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CaLe

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@CaLe said:

Don't talk like that about Xbox Live, it's filled with nice people, you cunt n***** faggot (get it?)

Yes I think I get it, I think you are trying to tell me in a non-direct way that people on Xbox Live are not only pleasant and welcoming, but also courteous and friendly.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@CaLe said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@CaLe said:

Don't talk like that about Xbox Live, it's filled with nice people, you cunt n***** faggot (get it?)

Yes I think I get it, I think you are trying to tell me in a non-direct way that people on Xbox Live are not only pleasant and welcoming, but also courteous and friendly.

Yes exactly.. they also help you with your homework, even if you don't have school.
Avatar image for sethphotopoulos
SethPhotopoulos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16  Edited By SethPhotopoulos
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
@CaLe said:

@Ahmad_Metallic said:

@CaLe said:

Yes exactly.. they also help you with your homework, even if you don't have school.
And free money to spend on the XBOX Live Store on Xbox360!
ryanwho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ryanwho

Go put this in a blog or 47 twitters plz so I dont gotta look at it

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SpawnMan
@ryanwho: It is in a blog. : / 

And why everybody hating? Aren't adults allowed to get upset over friends? Even if they're virtual? So cold... so very cold.... :..(
Avatar image for origina1penguin
Origina1Penguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Origina1Penguin

@SpawnMan: Because they don't have anything better to do, apparently.

JCTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By JCTango

Happens all the time on the net, man.  There are some pretty mean people out there.  It might sound jaded but to me almost all relationships online are temporary...  some aren't even based on anything but a quid-pro-quo type thing.  You might be able to find maybe one or two good pals you can hang out with and chat about stuff, but never assume that it'll be anything more meaningful than that... leave that type of stuff to real life buddies (and even then, my advice still stands)

Oh, and yeah.. your ex-best friend is kind of a douche for keeping his "good deed" over your head like that.  People who disrespect their friends regularly because they think they're being "funny" aren't worth having around imo.

Avatar image for thedudeofgaming
TheDudeOfGaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By TheDudeOfGaming
@SpawnMan said:
good online friends
I'm sorry dude, i couldn't stop laughing. 
Anyway, it's time you learn an important lesson son, people are dicks, and even the nicest person in the world has the potential of being a dick. 
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Subjugation

@SpawnMan said:

"After EVERYTHING I've done for you! You gave me nothing and I gave you an achievement!

Words cannot describe ... but a picture ... hmm ...

No Caption Provided
SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By SpawnMan
@JCTango said:
Happens all the time on the net, man.  There are some pretty mean people out there.  It might sound jaded but to me almost all relationships online are temporary...  some aren't even based on anything but a quid-pro-quo type thing.  You might be able to find maybe one or two good pals you can hang out with and chat about stuff, but never assume that it'll be anything more meaningful than that... leave that type of stuff to real life buddies (and even then, my advice still stands)  Oh, and yeah.. your ex-best friend is kind of a douche for keeping his "good deed" over your head like that.  People who disrespect their friends regularly because they think they're being "funny" aren't worth having around imo.
This.
Vodun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Vodun

And this is why I don't bother paying for gold.

teh_destroyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By teh_destroyer

@SpawnMan said:

@JCTango said:
Happens all the time on the net, man. There are some pretty mean people out there. It might sound jaded but to me almost all relationships online are temporary... some aren't even based on anything but a quid-pro-quo type thing. You might be able to find maybe one or two good pals you can hang out with and chat about stuff, but never assume that it'll be anything more meaningful than that... leave that type of stuff to real life buddies (and even then, my advice still stands) Oh, and yeah.. your ex-best friend is kind of a douche for keeping his "good deed" over your head like that. People who disrespect their friends regularly because they think they're being "funny" aren't worth having around imo.
This.

I have had some friends that I have had on my friends list for almost 5 years now that I have chilled with back at the some of the unions on gamespot. Still have no problem gaming with them as of today. Although, a lot of people on my friends list are people I actually work with at my day job, so its not really an issue with me.

Buscemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Buscemi

What the flying fuck? You argued for like eight hours? I wouldn't even give my wife that many hours, you needy bastard!

CptBedlam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By CptBedlam

The sad part of this story is that you considered him a "good friend" only because you played a few games together. You don't know people that you only met online. Get real friends, seriously.

theguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By theguy

I know this is your personal blog but I don't think this is the place to bitch about your friends.

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#29  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

@CaLe said:

No, just don't make best friends over xbox live. You can certainly spark up an awesome friendship if you find the right people, but that won't happen until you do something other than, for example, boost together. That said, two of my friends actually have very good friends that they met on Live. It just quickly extended beyond just Live pretty quickly.

@Dany said:

Also, if he actually spent 10 hours helping you with something, you should probably be pretty grateful. Obviously if you can't give him the money, he shoudl fuck off, but whatever. I really don't care. If your best friend is someone over Xbox Live who will then flip the bitch after something like that, you need to find better fucking friends guy. Seriously, dude just sounds like a loser. But then, you don't seem to be responding very well to the situation either.

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By AlexanderSheen

That's a good Queen song.

J12088

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By J12088

I don't believe you. And I'm worried nobody else has called you out on your BS.

StaticFalconar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By StaticFalconar

And this is why people shouldn't give a fuck about achievements. 

mnzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By mnzy

You have to play through MW2 coop on veteran before you can be best friends over Xbox Live.
Everbody knows that.

Avatar image for redeyesbluebunny
RedEyesBlueBunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RedEyesBlueBunny

:)

KillyDarko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 43

#35  Edited By KillyDarko
@imsh_pl said:
@Dany said:

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TotalEklypse

Silly children and their silly Xbox problems.  

Phr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#37  Edited By Phr4nk0
@SpawnMan said:
He helped with about 20 games, so about 20 minutes all up per match.  

20 games of 20 minutes? You damn right better be grateful, that's like nearly 7 hours of his time he could have spent playing something else. Now that doesn't entitle him to being a douche like that afterwards, if he agreed to help you then he agreed to help you, you can't ask for compensation after the fact. 

I've been helped by plenty of people and helped just as many with achievements. I can understand where both of you are coming from but if I helped someone out for 7 hours I'd expect a little bit of courtesy and maybe some help with something else down the track, though I wouldn't hold it over them. If I feel people are taking advantage they just get deleted.  

I don't mean to rub salt into your wounds, but you could have gotten A Series of Tubes by hosting 1 rounders, that's how I did it, took little over an hour total.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#38  Edited By penguindust
@Titus said:
What the flying fuck? You argued for like eight hours? I wouldn't even give my wife that many hours, you needy bastard!
That's the point that mystifies me as well.  

Oh, and he's not a "good friend", he's just an anonymous person you played a game with online.  Don't confuse the two. 
christ0phe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By christ0phe
No Caption Provided
hoossy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By hoossy

I thought this post was going to be about 'From Dust' 

I thought it was a clever title and I was excited to read it.  

And then you went and ruined it with your sadness.

gamer_152

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 71

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By gamer_152  Moderator

There are some kinda harsh responses in here, try to ignore some of the more insulting stuff. The idea that you can't make friends over the internet is absolutely false, it's perfectly possible. My advice is make sure you really know someone before you declare them your best friend. The internet is full of douches and sadly that guy was just another one of them.

SpawnMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By SpawnMan
@Gamer_152: Cheers. I didn't mean best friend ever, I meant best online friend, IE, the person I get along with online the most. As you know though, everyone has an opinion. ; )