Simple question: Do you drink alcohol?

TheHumanDove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151  Edited By TheHumanDove

I drink and drink often. I also yell at people on xbox live, but really all I want is your loveeeee

intro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153  Edited By intro

I'm 18, but yes, when it's available and I don't have to drive anywhere. I'm not fucking retarded and can be responsible with it.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#154  Edited By breadfan
No Caption Provided

@Three0neFive said:

I drink, but I don't play videogames. I'm above altering my mind with dolphin-enhancing stimuli,and I can live without the fatness, social awkwardness and heart disease. All gamers are disgusting addicts who need to learn to live properly.

spazmaster666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#155  Edited By spazmaster666

I do, but very rarely. In general, regular alcohol intake, even if it's red wine can be detrimental to your health especially when it comes to chronic diseases such as Type 2 DM or hypertension. Heavy drinking in particular (even if it's only on occasion) is a significant risk factor for hypertension. Though moderate consumption of red wine can have beneficial effects for the cardiovascular system, as mentioned previously, it can also be a risk factor for hypertension. I generally try to avoid alcohol as much as possible.

egg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#156  Edited By egg

no but I was thinking about giving it another go, I think maybe it would make suicide easier. Not planning to anytime soon, but I figure it's a good skill to have on you. Expanding one's skills, and being prepared, is always a good thing.

BonOrbitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#157  Edited By BonOrbitz

Yes I do. More than I should.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#158  Edited By hawkinson76

I used to be an obnoxious straight edge kid, from high school up through college. I was stupid. Alcohol has a place in any healthy lifestyle. For me, the enjoyment of spirits, wine, and beer developed hand in hand with a love of cooking. Go watch Ratatouille, and then try some wine, cheese, and apple slices under a tree in the park.

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By hawkinson76

@johnlennon said:

Drinking and getting drunk is great as long as you don't overdo it. It would be silly to completely disqualify the idea unless you've had at least one experience of getting drunk or at least tipsy imo. Just my 2c.

Drinking != getting drunk. You can get intoxicated on gasoline fumes if that is what you are after.

A steaming hot tottie on a rainy day.

Honey wine with slow cooked North African food.

A nice beer while waiting for the grill to warm up, maybe while sitting in a kiddie pool

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160  Edited By Karkarov

Nope don't drink, at all. I had a beer once because I lost a bet and the guy I was betting against knew I didn't drink. It tasted like #%&* (which I knew it would) and I have never drunk an alcoholic beverage since. I saw plenty of people get drunk when I was young and make absolute asses out of themselves when they did. It made it very clear to me it was not an experience worth having and I was not missing anything.

In other news I am doubly weird or dumb according to most people because I also don't smoke and I have never done drugs, not even once, not even MJ. Well I guess I have done some drugs, if you count the kind you get prescribed by a doctor.

Avatar image for bourbon_warrior
Bourbon_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#161  Edited By Bourbon_Warrior

As much as I can

hawkinson76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By hawkinson76

If anything, this thread tells me that no one cooks.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#163  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

I do, but now I'm all broken inside (medically speaking) so I can't really drink. A beer every once in awhile maybe.

Ketchupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#164  Edited By Ketchupp

Wine is mother fucking amazing.

Sackmanjones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#165  Edited By Sackmanjones

Sometimes, usually when I'm with a couple buddies. I predict the next time I drink alcohol is when I get my order of Cards Against Humanity (whenever they get in stock)

Giantstalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

#166  Edited By Giantstalker

Yes, doubly so after returning from my tour.

Clinkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By Clinkz

Yes. It's fun with friends on the weekends.

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#168  Edited By GunstarRed

Not really. It's not that I don't drink or anything, I just don't have any need to do so and being drunk just doesn't appeal to me. I don't think I have had a full glass of something for about four years.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#169  Edited By AngelN7

Because there isn't a "sometimes" option I guess I'll go with no.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#170  Edited By JJOR64

No.

kedi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By kedi2

I've never done drugs or alcohol (and I plan to keep it that way), but I'm perfectly fine with other people choosing to do so. I have a lot of friends who do drugs and drink and I have no problem hanging out with them while they do, they're really good about not pressuring me. It's just a personal choice for me and I don't try to preach anything or be condescending to people who do like to use state-altering substances.

ian280291

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By ian280291

Been smoking for hears, but never drank doesn't appeal to me

Claude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 18

#173  Edited By Claude

I drink a lot of beer. A lot.

Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#174  Edited By Hamst3r

Nope, I find it to be terrible. I don't see the appeal.

clumsyninja1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 1

#175  Edited By clumsyninja1

Only on social events: work parties and holidays. For myself I stick to wine...

ZenaxPure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By ZenaxPure

Nope, would rather spend my money on other things. Wouldn't really be opposed to it if it were free at some sort of social event, but that rarely comes up in my case.

Avatar image for bulletproofmonk
BulletproofMonk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#177  Edited By BulletproofMonk

Sometimes.

SirPsychoSexy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#178  Edited By SirPsychoSexy

@BoG said:

I really appreciate how condescending you are. Don't be a jerk, it's GiantBomb's #1 rule.

Coming from the guy who said this

@BoG said:

So, if you drink? That's pretty sad...

Alcohol loosens people up. You get to see a different, often more fun, side of people. Why is that? I don't know, I don't have these scientific facts you are asking for. In my experience I have a hell of a lot more fun drinking with people at a party then being at a party where no one is drinking. Of course you can go overboard, of course you can get violent, of course you can get hungover. But for people who use it in moderation, none of these are a problem. People just like to have a good time with their friends and for whatever reason alcohol makes it better for most people. It is that simple. Don't act all high and mighty because you don't drink. You come off as a total douche.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Contrarian

@BoG said:

No. I don't like the idea of a substance that alters my psychological state.

In all honesty, I admit to being a control freak about myself. Alcohol and drugs are the same thing in that they alter your mind. I truly dislike the idea that I am not in control of myself. I think it is nature not nurture, but I have seen some pretty horrid alcohol induced behaviour. Drugs as well. I had a friend describe a trip to me and he thought it was awesome, I was just mortified and thought I never want to endure that.

Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Contrarian

@jaycrockett said:

@Contrarian said:

No fancy poll here with clever responses or a multitude of them. I am just curious as to how low the percentage on non-drinkers there actually is around here.

I personally do not drink alcohol. Never have, never will. I don't like the taste of any of it. Spirits rip my mouth apart, beer taste like piss (no I haven't drunk piss) and wine is just yuck.

Contrarian, I wonder if you are a supertaster? I had the same issue, beer and wine taste extremely bitter to me. Do you have the same problem with coffee?

I am not sure as I don't really understand the difference between people's taste buds. No, I don't coffee, I don't even like the smell of it. However, it isn't that I dislike bitter tastes. In fact the opposite is true. I don't mind a lemon, lime & bitters (which has very low levels of alcohol I understand). I really like spicy food and eat chilli based meals about 50% of the the time.

FSS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By FSS

No, never did and never will.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By gamefreak9

Yes, I drink it, if the question is if I have any limitations on my options. But in practice... not really, probably because i'm a loner.

donutfever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#183  Edited By donutfever

I'm underage (even though Canada has a pretty low drinking age), so only under specific circumstances.

Olqavtoras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Olqavtoras

Yes, but rarely.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By Jrinswand
@SirPsychoSexy said:

You come off as a total douche.

PROTIP: You might want to refrain from calling the moderators douches.

@Contrarian said:

In all honesty, I admit to being a control freak about myself. Alcohol and drugs are the same thing in that they alter your mind. I truly dislike the idea that I am not in control of myself. I think it is nature not nurture, but I have seen some pretty horrid alcohol induced behaviour. Drugs as well. I had a friend describe a trip to me and he thought it was awesome, I was just mortified and thought I never want to endure that.

Unless you drink a ridiculous amount, you don't really lose control of yourself. Even then, I'm of the opinion that things you do under the influence of alcohol cannot be explained away with "I was drunk." Plus, you can't compare alcohol and hallucinogens. There are no similarities between the two whatsoever. One is harmless so long as it is taken in moderation and the other could potentially cause you to stab yourself in the heart with a butcher knife because you think there's a demon inside of you. It's apples and oranges.
Contrarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Contrarian

@Claude said:

I drink a lot of beer. A lot.

That explains it! You wear alcohol well.

I think I should add that whilst I think alcohol is bad, it is good when women drink it as it increases our chances as gamers of getting laid!!

@Jrinswand: The problem is control and the individual. I have no idea if I can just stop and I don't see the risk being even slightly worth it. Many a friend over the years has said they know when to stop and didn't.

Avatar image for imsorrymsjackson
Imsorrymsjackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yep, daily.

Raidou10k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Raidou10k

I'll have some beer when I'm out with friends or at a party or something. I'll never drink enough to get drunk though, which means only one or two beers and no spirits. Wine is just gross.

breadfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#189  Edited By breadfan
Nux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#190  Edited By Nux

@Vexxan said:

Yes, but rarely.

BoG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By BoG

@SirPsychoSexy said:

@BoG said:

I really appreciate how condescending you are. Don't be a jerk, it's GiantBomb's #1 rule.

Coming from the guy who said this

@BoG said:

So, if you drink? That's pretty sad...

Alcohol loosens people up. You get to see a different, often more fun, side of people. Why is that? I don't know, I don't have these scientific facts you are asking for. In my experience I have a hell of a lot more fun drinking with people at a party then being at a party where no one is drinking. Of course you can go overboard, of course you can get violent, of course you can get hungover. But for people who use it in moderation, none of these are a problem. People just like to have a good time with their friends and for whatever reason alcohol makes it better for most people. It is that simple. Don't act all high and mighty because you don't drink. You come off as a total douche.

You clearly didn't read his post. He said "if you don"t...that's pretty sad, live a little." I was taking his words, and using them to prove my point. I guess I took his douchebaggery, and made it my own. Furthermore, you didn't read my edit. I don't judge people for drinking. You say you have more fun at a party with drinking? Ok. I've decided that I don't want to rely on substances that temporary alter my state of mind in order to have a good time. I would rather enjoy my friends because we're engaged in activities and conversation, not because we're drinking. I won't deny that alcohol enhances pleasure for most people. Why would they drink it otherwise? I have lots of fun at parties where people are drinking. I can't think of an alcohol-free party I've been to in a long time. I'm not here to determine whether or not drinking alcohol is moral, I'm just stating that the positive side effects of alcohol, for me, are not worth the negative side effects.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked drinking because I felt happy every time I drank but the last time I tried drinking I just felt worse and worse for some strange reason.....

me3639

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#193  Edited By me3639

Why, are you buying?

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By korwin

Yep.

Drinking makes you a pirate.

phrosnite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By phrosnite

I drink beer because it's good for the kidneys... I hate the taste though.

MrSlapHappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#196  Edited By MrSlapHappy

@Contrarian: I drink and enjoy drinking.

I can respect your decision to not drink as it is not for everyone. I appreciate that (at least from how your post is worded) you have tried alcohol a few times and given it a fair shot.

What I CANNOT stand are the people that have never drank before and have the balls to insult those that do enjoy it.

I dont care about liver damage, brain tumors or whatever else, I want to have a drink (or several) and play some damn video games with my friends or whatever else might be happening. Anybody that has a problem with that can kindly fuck off.

mbr2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#197  Edited By mbr2

A maximum of 4 (quality) beers a week. Have no fucking clue as to why people binge drink. I Love British dark ales and cream stouts.

cookiemonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198  Edited By cookiemonster

I probably wouldn't be as close to my friends/made as many friends if it wasn't due to me loosening up at bit/making a fool of myself due to alcohol.

Th3_James

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199  Edited By Th3_James

If I'm drinking to achieve intoxication: Ice cold vodka(Absolut or GreyGoose) straight or with ice mixed with mineral water/club soda. Whiskey cold with ice. I never mix booz with sugary drinks and always drink 1-2L of cold water before I go to sleep(never hung over/sick)

I never get drunk off of beer or wine, I drink them for taste, and do not like trying to get wasted off of either of them. I am a big guy, so drinking beer to get drunk doesn't work too well. I seem to reach a point of diminishing returns where I will expel liquid and process the beer faster than I can drink it. Also chugging beer is gross and disrespects good beer.

Beer: Grolsch, Paulaner, Steam Whistle or Corona if I'm out somewhere.

Wine: Cold red wine usually with certain foods(Steak)

ssj4raditz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#200  Edited By ssj4raditz

I do not drink, just never acquired a taste for it.